Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   NC: 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/2003-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-76402.html)

Wench 01-18-2011 12:29 PM

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (first year of the Rubicon model)

-Dana Model 44 Axles: Front and rear, Dana 44 axles provide the durability and strength needed for extreme off-road driving.
-Locking Differentials: A dash-mounted switch locks the rear axle and toggles the front axle locker on and off for improved maneuvering. A pneumatic pump runs at just six pounds per square inch for a quieter system than available in the after-market, mechanically locking the axle shafts together to drive all four wheels at the same speed.
- 4.0L IL6 engine
- NVG241OR Transfer Case with 4.0:1 Low Range
- NV3550 5 speed manual transmission
- hardtop with defroster and wiper
- Factory CD player (I replaced the factory subwoofer)
- A/C and heat

After-market modifications:
-Rubicon Express 4.5inch superflex lift
- Billstein 5100 shocks
- 35 inch Dick Cepek Mud Terrain Tires (Tread still has 3/4 life on them) 35x 12.50 15
- 15 inch Procomp polished series 5901 bullethole wheels
- Tom Wood 1310 rear CV driveshaft (rubicon)
- Procomp HD steering stabilizer
- 8000lb WARN winch with HD front bumper
- Smittybuilt rear bumper with swingout oversized tire-carrier
- 4 HD light bar
- Flowmaster Super44 muffler

This is a beast of a jeep. Offroad ready and can take you just about anywhere. Only has about 86000 miles on it. I have put a lot of work into it. It has been my project for that past couple of months. I replaced the lifters and camshaft (just to get rid of the famous 4.0 lifter tick) and put a brand new fuel pump assembly in the fuel tank. The lift and tires were put on it last August. I hate to sell this thing but I'm in need of a truck. All fluids have been serviced recently (transmission, transfer case, differentials, etc) Asking $17,000.00 OBO

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3513187_n.jpg

Wench 01-18-2011 12:31 PM

mud not included...

Redjeepmormon 01-18-2011 01:56 PM

May I make a suggestion?

When selling a jeep, I would not advertise it all muddy. People might think it was abused, and most don't want an abused jeep. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Bs13855 01-18-2011 02:56 PM

I think it looks good like that when I go to sell mine I post this pic and advertising it can swim

Little_TJ 01-18-2011 04:06 PM

I don't think someone would have an 8 year old jeep with that much work done to it and NOT get it dirty. If someone were to, they should just give it away.

Redjeepmormon 01-18-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_TJ
I don't think someone would have an 8 year old jeep with that much work done to it and NOT get it dirty. If someone were to, they should just give it away.

I think it's perfectly normal to get it dirty! I was just saying it would sell better with (more) photos of it when it's clean. Of course jeeps are meant to get dirty. I was just giving him some advice to sell it better. That picture right there shows me: jeep is lifted and has upgrades, and it is a mud toy. More people (not all) want a clean jeep (when buying one) that has been taken care of. If you showed me 2 jeeps for sale: same price/upgrades/color/blah blah blah. And one had this photo and the other had a photo of a nice clean jeep.... Well I know which one I would buy. Just trying to help!

Little_TJ 01-18-2011 06:37 PM

Yes. I agree. I actually wouldn't even consider buying one if the interior isn't clean in pictures.

FoR33L 01-18-2011 09:55 PM

Yeah what color are the rims? Haha

Wench 01-19-2011 08:19 AM

If you arent interested in buying this, dont post. IF you are.. I can get you detailed pictures of the inside and out.

Wench 01-19-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redjeepmormon (Post 997817)
May I make a suggestion?

When selling a jeep, I would not advertise it all muddy. People might think it was abused, and most don't want an abused jeep. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

If you want a mallcrawler..buy a JK

Redjeepmormon 01-19-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wench

Lol wow. Thanks for telling me what I "want". I drive a TJ. But I wouldn't be bashing JKs if I were you. And I was just trying to give some advice, not insult your jeep. Jeezzzz you are sensitive

ESP 01-19-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wench (Post 999868)

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Wench 01-20-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redjeepmormon (Post 1000026)
Lol wow. Thanks for telling me what I "want". I drive a TJ. But I wouldn't be bashing JKs if I were you. And I was just trying to give some advice, not insult your jeep. Jeezzzz you are sensitive

Thanks for highjacking my thread... IF my jeep doesnt sell because of some mud...ooooo well. and I can bash Jks all i want. Owned one for 3 months before i sold the piece of S!@#. Didn't have the torque a REAL jeep should have.

RatherBNarizona 01-20-2011 12:35 PM

Let me remind everyone to read over the rules in the classified section. This is a warning.

FoR33L 01-20-2011 05:48 PM

Wow this always happens... I know from experience... Someone tries to ask a question or sell something and people go completely off topic (which is basically what I'm doing) but still just saying if you don't have anything to say about the thread then don't say bc then you got form Poe-Poe on you :/

Wench 01-24-2011 10:27 AM

I'm not selling the jeep on this website anymore. Thanks to all that messed it up for me.

XJ Knight 01-24-2011 10:37 AM

Sorry to hear that.. While i can't afford another rubi.. Let me say I hope it finds a happy home and goes to someone who will use it to it's fullest potential.. I must also add Don't let a few a strayed comments through you away from this board as a whole.. It's to useful and fun of one to ditch

BANGER 01-25-2011 10:30 AM

So your taking your toys and going home ?

BANGER