Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Who is going to Moab Easter Jeep Safari?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/who-is-going-to-moab-easter-jeep-safari-77360.html)

DerekM 01-25-2011 08:22 AM

Who is going to Moab Easter Jeep Safari??

I couldn't find a thread on this topic yet.

This is my first year going since I was a kid when my dad took me in his old CJ-5. I'm so pumped to go! I signed up for Friday and Big Saturday.

My first choices are Poison Spider, and Wipe out hill trail!

Who else is going?

jcf 01-25-2011 11:11 AM

I don't do the Jeep Safari trails with the club but I will be here if you want to do some with us Dirk, there will be a few of us during the months of April , May & June getting together so let me know & I can pm you my phone #

DerekM 01-25-2011 02:43 PM

You don't go on Easter? Why not? I would love to go to Moab more!

jcf 01-25-2011 03:21 PM

'Cos I live here & they charge to much! I can do the trails for free :wavey:

Barrie 01-25-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcf (Post 1013419)
'cos i live here & they charge to much! I can do the trails for free :wavey:

x2! :)

DerekM 01-25-2011 04:25 PM

Now you people have me worried! Is it different from what it used to be in the mid 90's? I know it's crowded but thats what I loved!

jcf 01-25-2011 05:24 PM

Oh yeah' it's so crowded you will love it! a lot of the locals don't like the place being over run with tourists & Jeepers but I love it & look foward to it all year. The car show is on the 29th as well so I am thinking some will hang around for that too.
I see you live in Orem? we moved here from Spanish Fork, still have relatives in Orem

DerekM 01-25-2011 08:42 PM

Yeah I've lived in Utah Valley my whole life. I like it alot here, most people make fun of happy valley. I just stay away from BYU campus and it's all good!

It makes sense the locals wouldn't like Easter week, but it has to boost the economy!

jcf 01-26-2011 10:08 AM

It's one of the things that keeps Moab afloat, but some just don't see it that way.
Well thats great Dirk, hopefully we'll see you here in April! just pm me again & let me know the dates

Asfir4x4 01-28-2011 01:15 PM

ASFIR4X4 will be there again this year!

dadunkindude 02-04-2011 11:54 AM

EJS tag-along?

I will be making coming back from military training in Texas in the middle of the Safari. My class ends the 18th, so I'm looking to be in Moab the 20th-24th. However, I will be bringing my Jeep Patriot (better mileage) and not my Wrangler, and the Patriot is not nearly as trail capable. Would it be possible for me to tag-along with someone on the trails? I'll pay my fair share of lodging/food/trail costs.

Discount Tire 03-21-2011 05:43 PM

We'll be there again. This year we will be, once again, sponsoring a two trail rides per day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We have a lot of fun out there and would love to wheel with some of you. Our sponsored trails are noted in the EJS newspaper so if you are interested check there and sign up!

We hope to see some of you there!

KRAMMIT 04-11-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

The car show is on the 29th as well so I am thinking some will hang around for that too.
I have always gone down with friends in the past for EJS.
How are the trails during the car show? Fri, Sat, Sun?
That is when we (4 TJ's, 1 XJ, 1yota) will be there...
I have never been during the car show, what should i expect?

My wife hate's the crazies of EJS, so i had to give in :surrender:

yomondo 04-11-2011 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just noticed this thread. I'll be at EJS from Saturday through Saturday. Doing Top of the World, Elephant Hill and Fins & Things with the RR4W group, and Area BFE Green Day with another forum's sponsoring vendor, plus a couple of leisure days around town and at Arches NP. Be on the lookout for a black 2-door JK Rubicon with California license plate "HPY4WLN". That would be me. You might also find me at night where ever there's beer and a big screen tuned to one of the Stanley Cup playoff games.

Attachment 45080

Shaughnessy 04-19-2011 06:47 AM

That's a good lookin jeep!

yomondo 04-19-2011 06:56 AM

Thanks! :thumb: