Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Interesting facts not many know. Post some about yourself! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/interesting-facts-not-many-know-post-some-about-yourself-7753.html)

MR.CLIFFORD 04-30-2007 03:10 PM

Interesting facts not many know. Post some about yourself!

For me... when Tiny says I have a screw loose she really doesn't know how close to the truth she really is! :cool:

I put a green arrow next to all the screws :D

http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/misc/screwloose.jpg

tiny terror 04-30-2007 03:15 PM

When they get loose do they use phillips or slotted? Does it help? :D

MR.CLIFFORD 04-30-2007 03:16 PM

Neither. They are square headed like this!

http://myword.info/images/sq_drive_1i.gif

I told them I just didn't want torx :flipoff:

tiny terror 04-30-2007 03:18 PM

Do you set off the metal detectors? Cuz that would be great fun at the airport :D

Oh, I guess I should play. Listing my injuries is no fun, I don't like to think about them..... so um..... something interesting............. Oh, about 11 years ago I was shocked so bad while wiring my shop that it melted these little plastic things I had implanted in my arm. I'm not very careful. :D

MR.CLIFFORD 04-30-2007 03:21 PM

You can't go through the airport metal detector unless you have a boarding pass. I don't fly so I don't go through the metal detectors at airports.

I went through the metal dealy at the county court house. It didn't pick up my face or the pocket knife on my right side. :rolleyes:

1BLKJP 04-30-2007 03:27 PM

I used to be married. I was too young and she was too dumb. So good when that one ended. :D

tiny terror 04-30-2007 03:57 PM

So... um..... how dumb is too dumb? Just curious :D

1BLKJP 04-30-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 77671)
So... um..... how dumb is too dumb? Just curious :D

Dumb enough that we've been divorced about 4 years now and I'm still paying for things that she did. :mad: However 4 years ago was when I bought my jeep so I guess it wasn't all bad. :D

deverhart 04-30-2007 05:40 PM

When I was not fat, I played semi-pro paintball (amatuer division at pro tournaments) , and competed in several national tournaments.

cavediverjc 04-30-2007 08:23 PM

Interesting facts, huh? Uhhhhh, I've been freediving with a mother humpback whale and her calf in the Sea of Cortez. I've also been in the water on a closed-circuit rebreather with HUNDREDS of schooling female scalloped hammerheads off the coast of Costa Rica near a small island called Cocos Island. That was pretty wild. They were as docile as babies. They'd just look at you (they're pretty curious), then they'd swim away. I've got hours of video from those dives. Gawd I miss the ocean!!! :(

bluvikng 04-30-2007 08:33 PM

All I can think of, diving in the ocean........is JAWS......:D Interesting things...........I have totalled out a car at 70 mph into a row of trees, and lived. I got hit with a pair of brass knuckles across my left eye, which tore the retina, and made me legally blind in that eye. I can't hear, out of my left ear, so between the blind left eye, and deaf left ear.......don't stand on my left side. I won't see you, or hear you...........:D Be that as it is, I still love life, living, jeeping, and hard core wheeling.

tiny terror 04-30-2007 08:36 PM

My uncle is deaf in his left ear and he says it's because his exwife sat on that side. :D I think she nagged him deaf.

Adventurous 04-30-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 77743)
Interesting facts, huh? Uhhhhh, I've been freediving with a mother humpback whale and her calf in the Sea of Cortez. I've also been in the water on a closed-circuit rebreather with HUNDREDS of schooling female scalloped hammerheads off the coast of Costa Rica near a small island called Cocos Island. That was pretty wild. They were as docile as babies. They'd just look at you (they're pretty curious), then they'd swim away. I've got hours of video from those dives. Gawd I miss the ocean!!! :(

Very cool...I haven't seen a whale or a hammerhead yet. I had no idea that hammerheads were docile. I've only been diving with nurse sharks and blue sharks.

OdhinnsChick 04-30-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 77743)

WOW! That is something I have always wanted to do but I can't even snorkel in my pool :/ That whole breathing under water thing just goes against every instinct I have! :p

Adventurous 04-30-2007 09:32 PM

It's easier to breathe through a regulator than it is a snorkel...I personally can't stand using a snorkel. All regs are not created equal though. Some are difficult to breathe with while others almost feel like you're breathing on the surface...another hobby that you get what you pay for. Diving definitely opens up the vacation possibilities.

Levinoss 04-30-2007 10:16 PM

Interesting facts? I dont think I have anything interesting about me tbh. I can listen to peoples problems without pulling out my hair? thats about it...I think

~Lev

rebelBullDawg325 04-30-2007 10:32 PM

i totaled out a ford ranger against the front end of a silverado 2500hd with a bull bar on the front. i dont know how fast i was goin and the state patrol wasnt able to determine the speed. it was really fast though. and i lived. but now i've got a titanium right femur with some screws in my knee and hip.... i wear my seat belt now though

binaryking 05-01-2007 10:09 AM

I used to do stand up at the Funnybone in Columbus, Ohio back in 2000-2002.

OdhinnsChick 05-01-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 77805)
Interesting facts? I dont think I have anything interesting about me tbh. I can listen to peoples problems without pulling out my hair? thats about it...I think

~Lev

I have an interesting fact about you...you are just like me! MUAHAHAHA!!! =P

cavediverjc 05-01-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventurous (Post 77787)
It's easier to breathe through a regulator than it is a snorkel...I personally can't stand using a snorkel. All regs are not created equal though. Some are difficult to breathe with while others almost feel like you're breathing on the surface...another hobby that you get what you pay for. Diving definitely opens up the vacation possibilities.

Isn't that the truth. I'm from Key Largo in the Florida Keys, so I've gotten the luxury of diving my whole life. I use to run trips throughout the Caribbean, including all of the Cayman Islands, most of the Bahamas, Central America...like Honduras, Belize, Costa Rica, not to mention the ABC islands off Venezuela. (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao). I've also spent considerable time in the BVI's and the USVI's, along with Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Trinidad and Tobago. Being a scuba instructor opened alot of travel opportunities that I may not have had any other way. If you're interested in any information on pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean, let me know and I can steer you in the right direction...
Jordan
:) :)

stainless 05-01-2007 01:44 PM

I started riding a motorcycle when I was 4 yrs old.

It was an old Honda 50 with the chrome fenders and red tank. I couldn't touch the ground from the seat or hold it up to kick start it, but I could push it by myself. I put two concrete blocks far enough apart for the motorcycle to fit between them. From there I could kickstart it and go. :cool:

I had two choices for stopping.
1) stop between the blocks
2) crash

I still have a 1988 Honda 50 that still starts on the first kick with no choke.

Adventurous 05-01-2007 01:51 PM

I haven't had the opportunity to do much dive travel...mainly Florida and St. Thomas. Some day...so many hobbies...so little time. Most of my dives have been wreck dives in the northeast. My favorite is the U853 - the last German sub sunk in WWII. There are still remains inside the wreck...a bit eerie when you stumble across them.

stainless 05-01-2007 02:06 PM

I haven't been able to dive all of those nice places like cavediverjc, but I've been on a few dives. I've been to Nassau, a few spots in the BVI's, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

My open water certification dive was in armpit of the Gulf of Mexico...Panama City, Florida. I dove the Black Bart (ship) and a few bridge spans...at least thats what they told me. The water was so murky I couldn't hardly see past my fingertips.
I guess the only good thing about this was that I won't ever be dissappointed by a dive for the rest of my life.

Adventurous 05-01-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 78020)
The water was so murky I couldn't hardly see past my fingertips.

That's the way most of the dives in the northeast are. The best time to dive is November through May before the algae blooms. It's cold but the vis is pretty good. Dry suits are a requirement.

whitebuffalo 05-02-2007 09:32 PM

i once stood at the wrong end of two guns, one of em pointed at my head...in my house, the other pointed at that guy who had the gun on me.

um....wat else.....im getting married to a girl i've been friends with since we were 11 years old in less than 2 months

i've had more wrecks and road rashes associated than i can count (mostly from 4 wheelers/motorcycles, etc.)

i have never scuba dived but have always wanted to :D

RatherBNarizona 05-02-2007 09:35 PM

i got a $16 parking ticket today
thanks Mr. Policeman!!!
i really dont like cops right now

amerijeep 05-02-2007 10:38 PM

I work with the local humane society and have been a volunteer at every event they have had for several years. I promote Spay/ Neuter and I have several rescued animals, including one that was an orphan from hurricane Katrina.

tiny terror 05-02-2007 10:44 PM

I'd have a million pets if I worked at the humane society. I'm one of those people who stops to move snakes off the street and feeds anything that shows up at my door.

MR.CLIFFORD 05-02-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNmexico (Post 78470)
i got a $16 parking ticket today
thanks Mr. Policeman!!!
i really dont like cops right now

maybe you should park legally and you wouldn't get that ticket. Novel thought. :flipoff:

RatherBNarizona 05-03-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 78528)
maybe you should park legally and you wouldn't get that ticket. Novel thought. :flipoff:

great idea! I'll try that next time! :rolleyes:

oh but seriously, an intersting fact is
I run the SSBTR (Student supporting brain tumor research) and I'm on the student executive board with 2 other high schoolers in the state and we are planning and running the event for this year. We raised over $210,000 this year