Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Always lock your hood... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/always-lock-your-hood-77797.html)

ollie526 01-28-2011 01:54 PM

Always lock your hood...

Common sense right? I had it opened up while I was at the parts store and forgot to lock it. No big deal I figured as I live a few min away and it was barely bouncing on back roads. One min on route 95 and SMACK! Hood kissed the roof-hard and completely block all view. Luckily no one was directly behind me or close in front of me and i was able to pull off to lock it. I was able to take a glimpse of some shocked/laughing drivers as i jumped out to fix it. Now I have a full length dent and some paint chipped, but luckily no accident. Lesson learned. Luckily it seems like with a rubber mallet and some time I'll be able to pop it back in decent shape. Bonehead move on my part, but maybe it'll help someone else as a reminder next time you have the hood open :facepalm:

bobjenkins 01-28-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie526
Common sense right? I had it opened up while I was at the parts store and forgot to lock it. No big deal I figured as I live a few min away and it was barely bouncing on back roads. One min on route 95 and SMACK! Hood kissed the roof-hard and completely block all view. Luckily no one was directly behind me or close in front of me and i was able to pull off to lock it. I was able to take a glimpse of some shocked/laughing drivers as i jumped out to fix it. Now I have a full length dent and some paint chipped, but luckily no accident. Lesson learned. Luckily it seems like with a rubber mallet and some time I'll be able to pop it back in decent shape. Bonehead move on my part, but maybe it'll help someone else as a reminder next time you have the hood open :facepalm:

I hear the jk has a hood latch light just in case :)

jcf 01-28-2011 02:03 PM

Sometimes we have to learn from our mistakes, no big deal no one got hurt & I hope there's not to much damage

Peepers 01-28-2011 02:07 PM

I had the bright Idea to stand on my hood for a better view and got some foot prints in it... A rubber mallet and some time is all you need to fix it.

Jeepchic70 01-28-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjenkins (Post 1020043)

Seriously? :rofl: Doesn't that interfere with the seat warmer light? :banghead:

JIMBOX 01-28-2011 02:53 PM

;) Hood latch light ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjenkins (Post 1020043)

Doesn't matter the latch will hold the hood --at speed !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

Dogzilla 01-28-2011 04:46 PM

The only way that the hood latch won't hold down the hood is if someone was dumb enough to actually remove it.

RatherBNarizona 01-28-2011 05:08 PM

It happens man, I've almost forgot a few times myself.

It would have been hilarious to see from another cars point of view though haha :)

sonofabeach 01-28-2011 05:25 PM

My hood damage is from a few years back when I wrote
"H2 Recovery Jeep" on the hood with my finger.
Problem was the Jeep was a little sandy and it lightly scratched into the paint so if you're at certain angels you can read it :punk: