Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Custom Jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/custom-jeep-77859.html)

Ohio Jeep 01-28-2011 11:53 PM

Custom Jeep

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! First off i am new to this site! I am 16 and in ohio! I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Tj with a 4in lift sittin on moto metal rims. Warn bumpers and new finders-spary with line-x. Pop out in dash touch screen and JL 13.5 in sub.

First pic is before I had line-x do all the work on it

All of the other pics are after line-x
and the last pic is with my boat too!

What do all you guys think?

mavrick300 01-28-2011 11:58 PM

Nice lookin jeep how high of a body lift is on there?

Ohio Jeep 01-28-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrick300 (Post 1020993)
Nice lookin jeep how high of a body lift is on there?

3 and 1 which =4in :)

XJ Knight 01-29-2011 12:02 AM

I like those boats.. I'd have one if I knew how to budget money right.. To late now though..

WELCOME

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1020997)
I like those boats.. I'd have one if I knew how to budget money right.. To late now though..

WELCOME

thanks ha. Like i said im only 16 and have 2 toys! The boat i just bought last week and the jeep my mom and dad bought for me last year and then i paid for ll the goodies. I get all my money when it snows! I have a 2005 kawasaki 360
4x4 with a plow on it that i use to plow mass drive ways.

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 12:09 AM

5 Attachment(s)
heres more of the boat for ya

all of the markings are where i am buying leds and thats were they are going. and the color that it shows are not the colors of the leds. ha they will all be blue!

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 12:31 AM

no more comments??????

XJ Knight 01-29-2011 12:53 AM

Sorry.. Distracted by youtube videos..

I like the led light up idea.. Make it easier to fish at night and should look pretty cool also.. Nice Jeep as Well.. Haven't said that yet.. Like I said before If I could go back and be better at saving money.. I'd have some cool toys to play with to so I am jealous to say the least LOL.. Money management does great things.. Hope you keep it up..

sdxmiller 01-29-2011 05:44 AM

Good looking jeep and boat. Which jl sub did you use and what amp and how does i sound. did you loose your back seat also?

uppidycon 01-29-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Jeep (Post 1021017)
no more comments??????

must be nice to have parents with money.. :popcorn: nice jeep though..

HyperBuzzin 01-29-2011 09:10 AM

IMO, it'd look a lot more proportional if ya lost the body lift and went with a suspention lift with larger tires.
To me, body lifts alone aren't worth it, especially if you plan on off-roadin'.

JDsDream 01-29-2011 09:16 AM

Welcome To The Forum

Very nice set-up. You are one lucky 16 year old.

Cons_Table 01-29-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBuzzin
IMO, it'd look a lot more proportional if ya lost the body lift and went with a suspention lift with larger tires.
To me, body lifts alone aren't worth it, especially if you plan on off-roadin'.

He's got a 3 inch suspension lift and a 1 inch body lift, what's wrong with that?

XJ Knight 01-29-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 1021316)
He's got a 3 inch suspension lift and a 1 inch body lift, what's wrong with that?

^ this ^

Good Set Up..

ghouse 01-29-2011 11:10 AM

Nice setup!! What size wheels and tires are you running?

Cons_Table 01-29-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghouse
Nice setup!! What size wheels and tires are you running?

If I were to guess, maybe 33s on 16s

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdxmiller (Post 1021112)
Good looking jeep and boat. Which jl sub did you use and what amp and how does i sound. did you loose your back seat also?

Its a 13.5in jl waterproof sub. And no it doesnt take the back seat and it sounds great the amp is also jl.

And my parents bought the jeep how it looked in the first pic! and after that all the other pics are from me paying!

thetanman43 01-29-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uppidycon (Post 1021184)
must be nice to have parents with money.. :popcorn: nice jeep though..

X2
I'm 17 and my Jeep was 100% my funding :punk: Just makes me all the more proud of it.

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetanman43 (Post 1021781)
X2
I'm 17 and my Jeep was 100% my funding :punk: Just makes me all the more proud of it.

see they bought the car and bought everything on it and the new boat!

GoldenSahara00 01-29-2011 03:17 PM

^x3, I paid for my jeep all myself, and everything Ive done I had to work for and did myself. It feels great to have something that I didnt have to have given to me :)

buy anyways, nice setup, that the way im getting my lift, 3 in suspension, 1 inch body. 33s. used to run a 12in L7 on a kicker z750.1 ;) now those hit HARD.

I would be afraid of having that nice of a head unit, because someone would probably steal mine. I have a soft top so it makes it all the easier to get in.

GoldenSahara00 01-29-2011 03:19 PM

JEEP not car :bottom:

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1021794)
^x3, I paid for my jeep all myself, and everything Ive done I had to work for and did myself. It feels great to have something that I didnt have to have given to me :)

buy anyways, nice setup, that the way im getting my lift, 3 in suspension, 1 inch body. 33s. used to run a 12in L7 on a kicker z750.1 ;) now those hit HARD.

I would be afraid of having that nice of a head unit, because someone would probably steal mine. I have a soft top so it makes it all the easier to get in.

It pop outs so it looks like a normal one.

AND MY BAD..... JEEP haha

GoldenSahara00 01-29-2011 03:27 PM

haha, its all good ;)

haha, If someone knows what a headunit looks like they can tell ;) and alot of guys will steal them anyways. thats why I pop my front cover off and store in glove box when in town or anything .

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1021808)
haha, its all good ;)

haha, If someone knows what a headunit looks like they can tell ;) and alot of guys will steal them anyways. thats why I pop my front cover off and store in glove box when in town or anything .

My jeep also has a arlam system added to it. when the head unit it pulled it goes off when the doors open when the hood opens and if the JEEP moves from people on it or in it moving around! and oh boy its loud!

1999TJWrangler 01-29-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1021794)

Since I have a soft top I didn't spend to much on the stereo. It's loud enough that I can hear it w/ the top off though. I lock the faceplate in my glovebox. I don't ever lock my doors. If they want it, I'd rather have them open the doors and take it instead of cutting my windows.

GoldenSahara00 01-29-2011 04:53 PM

anyone with half a brain can figure out how to open the zipper and not cut... but some people do still cut the windows ! :( your right. same as me. I dont live in an urban area, so if something gets stole, I can figure out who and know when people have stuff. and I dont get messed with much ;) a bit of a temper I suppose. but I know what ya mean, might as well let the door open.

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1021915)
anyone with half a brain can figure out how to open the zipper and not cut... but some people do still cut the windows ! :( your right. same as me. I dont live in an urban area, so if something gets stole, I can figure out who and know when people have stuff. and I dont get messed with much ;) a bit of a temper I suppose. but I know what ya mean, might as well let the door open.

Mine doesnt get messed with. Plus the windows are tnted so you cant see in. And the arlam will go off. Also its never really outside for it get messed with

ilmjumper 01-29-2011 09:08 PM

Just wondering, when you do the leds on the boat, are they molding onto to hull or cutting into it?

Bubba68CS 01-29-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Jeep (Post 1022375)
Mine doesnt get messed with. Plus the windows are tnted so you cant see in. And the arlam will go off. Also its never really outside for it get messed with

I don't know about you, but I see people all the time just walk on by when a car alarm is going off. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually go and investigate a car alarm going off...

I just make sure to keep absolutely nothing of value in it, and leave it unlocked. I actually have a good Kenwood eXcelon head unit with ipod control and a pair of Rockford Fosgate subs with a Memphis amp sitting around...I refuse to put them in the Jeep because I have no way of locking it up.

Anyway, welcome to the site...and congrats on the Jeep.

Ohio Jeep 01-29-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba68CS (Post 1022424)
I don't know about you, but I see people all the time just walk on by when a car alarm is going off. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually go and investigate a car alarm going off...

I just make sure to keep absolutely nothing of value in it, and leave it unlocked. I actually have a good Kenwood eXcelon head unit with ipod control and a pair of Rockford Fosgate subs with a Memphis amp sitting around...I refuse to put them in the Jeep because I have no way of locking it up.

Anyway, welcome to the site...and congrats on the Jeep.

The sub cant come out because its bolted to the floor same with the amp. the head unit looks like crap when its closed.