Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   A True American President (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/a-true-american-president-78529.html)

Coyote_94YJ 02-02-2011 07:33 PM

A True American President

I just got an email forwarded to me by my parents and it really got to me. So much so that I could not resist sharing it with everyone else here.

The email...
Quote:

There's a group of ladies in the Dallas area who make and stuff neck pillows for soldiers coming through DFW airport.

They go to the airport and meet the incoming planes every week and greet the soldiers coming back for a few weeks R&R, give them a pillow, tell them they pray for them, and thank them for their service.

The lady who took the pictures said everyone was so surprised to see George and Laura Bush recently just standing quietly in the waiting area with others who come to meet the troop planes.

She said it was amazing to watch the faces of the soldiers light up in recognition when they spotted them and that many came over to speak and shake hands.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/...27e6cec7_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5291/...5cd45ecd_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5300/...10cb5f72_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/...c28a76e1_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/...30dac195_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5134/...2ee52b6a_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5092/...f1e338af_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/...811c69af_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/...e6a47345_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5215/...3309912b_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/...f8008c81_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5131/...e66e0611_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/...16a8af71_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/...cd5b0fa6_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/...d8da5a9a_b.jpg

Coyote_94YJ 02-02-2011 07:36 PM

And the last 4 images....

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I've got a ton of respect for that man. I'd love to see him as president again if it were possible.

navret 02-02-2011 07:43 PM

and the reason mr bush sent our troops to iraq are......?

redneckpilot 02-02-2011 07:45 PM

Pretty Classy!

And for those who are skeptical of everything posted on the internet until looking it up, I did. CNN covered the article here: George and Laura Bush surprise returning troops CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Coyote_94YJ 02-02-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navret (Post 1030426)
and the reason mr bush sent our troops to iraq are......?

Because Saddam Hussein was a tyrant, and a murderer who supported terrorism. He needed to be stopped. Yes, one of the reasons we went in was because we thought he had WMDs. Saddam claimed to have the WMDs so that he would appear stronger and a larger thread to Iran when in reality he did not. His bad, not ours. We called his bluff and he paid for it.

BTW, I'm one of those troops President Bush sent to Iraq, and I'd do it all over again.

InvertChaos 02-02-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ
BTW, I'm one of those troops President Bush sent to Iraq, and I'd do it all over again.

Thank you for your service.

cavediverjc 02-02-2011 09:36 PM

Hussein WAS a WMD. Ask the Kurds. We isolated his dumb ass and we eliminated him. Bush was MY Commander-In-Chief and I was HAPPY to secure the heartbeats of the enemies of my country. If you have something to say, or imply, Navret, save it for another thread. Take your Bush bashing somewhere else....

drjay 02-02-2011 09:43 PM

Coyote_97tj: I agree with you one hundred percent. Thank you for your service. God Bless you and your family. Drjay Sergeant Major, US Army Retired.

knnphillips 02-02-2011 09:44 PM

Thanks y'all for yalls service ladies and gentlemen.

Marsmonkey12 02-02-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knnphillips
Thanks y'all for yalls service ladies and gentlemen.

X2

Bushes next book " Miss me yet"

RatherBNarizona 02-02-2011 10:32 PM

this relates to the post.... great movie...
The Way We Get By (Troop Greeters)
Hulu - The Way We Get By - Watch the full feature film now.

bwdenman 02-03-2011 07:12 AM

Bushisms:

''Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.''

—Presidential candidate George W. Bush, LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000</EM>
''You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''

—President George W. Bush, Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001
''I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.''

—President George W. Bush, at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002
''You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.''

—President George W. Bush, at the 2001 Gridiron dinner
''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.''

—President George W. Bush, Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001
''If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything! If you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything!''

--George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000

''You're working hard to put food on your family.''

—Presidential candidate George W. Bush, Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000
''It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas.''

—President George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000 (My hometown...ha ha ha ha)
''People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you.''

—President George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002
This could go on and on and on....
</EM>

Redjeepmormon 02-03-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwdenman
Bushisms:

''Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.''

&mdash;Presidential candidate George W. Bush, LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000</EM>
''You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''

&mdash;President George W. Bush, Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001
''I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.''

&mdash;President George W. Bush, at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002
''You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.''

&mdash;President George W. Bush, at the 2001 Gridiron dinner
''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.''

&mdash;President George W. Bush, Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001
''If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything! If you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything!''

--George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000

''You're working hard to put food on your family.''

&mdash;Presidential candidate George W. Bush, Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000
''It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas.''

&mdash;President George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000 (My hometown...ha ha ha ha)
''People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you.''

&mdash;President George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002
This could go on and on and on....
</EM>

No one praised president bush as a top notch public speaker. Truth is he wasn't. I'd rather have a president who has terrible speaking skills, but has a backbone and makes good decisions, than a president (cough cough obama) who gives pretty little speeches and who has no backbone and makes stupid decisions. Just sayin...

Pmedg 02-03-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redjeepmormon (Post 1031129)
No one praised president bush as a top notch public speaker. Truth is he wasn't. I'd rather have a president who has terrible speaking skills, but has a backbone and makes good decisions, than a president (cough cough obama) who gives pretty little speeches and who has no backbone and makes stupid decisions. Just sayin...

Well Put

navret 02-03-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 1030689)
Hussein WAS a WMD. Ask the Kurds. We isolated his dumb ass and we eliminated him. Bush was MY Commander-In-Chief and I was HAPPY to secure the heartbeats of the enemies of my country. If you have something to say, or imply, Navret, save it for another thread. Take your Bush bashing somewhere else....

thank you for your service, navret=navy retired, i am an old navy doc that spent more than half may career with the marines. every one that went to fight, has my utmost respect. when your president called you went.

cavediver many, including my son, paid the ultimate price for mr bushes, lack of foresight and understanding of the war he waged. if the reasons, you stated are why we went to iraq, then fine, but those are not the reasons the american public were given for going to war. with this logic, i guess we will be taking on iran as soon as we we clean up afhganistan.(sp) also why did gen. collen powelll resign? i think you find his thinking much like mine.

also, my years of service, including, granada and desert storm, along with my sons death gives me the right to question mr bushes reasons and methods of this war.

cavediverjc 02-03-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navret (Post 1031193)
thank you for your service, navret=navy retired, i am an old navy doc that spent more than half may career with the marines. every one that went to fight, has my utmost respect. when your president called you went.

cavediver many, including my son, paid the ultimate price for mr bushes, lack of foresight and understanding of the war he waged. if the reasons, you stated are why we went to iraq, then fine, but those are not the reasons the american public were given for going to war. with this logic, i guess we will be taking on iran as soon as we we clean up afhganistan.(sp) also why did gen. collen powelll resign? i think you find his thinking much like mine.

also, my years of service, including, granada and desert storm, along with my sons death gives me the right to question mr bushes reasons and methods of this war.

I stand here humbled. I'm sorry about your son, navret. I've lost friends to these wars, but never a family member. I won't try to tell you that I know how you feel. For me, it was an accepted risk, as is life in general. I had no problems with Bush's reasons for sending me to war. I wanted to isolate and eliminate the enemies of my country. I still do. I don't need a specific reason for war. It's in my blood and it always will be. It's hard for me to see other people's opinions about the wars when I feel as passionately as I do about it. I'll keep trying. As a former brother-in-arms, your opinion does have value with me.

Bubba68CS 02-03-2011 11:42 AM

Hitler was an eloquent speaker. The ability to give public speeches is not indicative of anything but the ability to give public speeches.

As for Bush, I disagreed with more than a few of his policies, but the fact of the matter is he was dealt some impossibly difficult situations...ones none of us would ever want to have to deal with. I've seen enough of the man to know he loves this country, and his decisions were those he thought were in the country's best interest based on the intel he had. I respect him for that...even if I disagreed with some of the moves.

navret, sorry for your loss. Can't imagine what that is like.

To all those who have, or are, serving - thank you. I can only hope that the project I'm working on helps keep you safe in the future.

McBear 02-03-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ (Post 1030672)
Because Saddam Hussein was a tyrant, and a murderer who supported terrorism. He needed to be stopped. Yes, one of the reasons we went in was because we thought he had WMDs. Saddam claimed to have the WMDs so that he would appear stronger and a larger thread to Iran when in reality he did not. His bad, not ours. We called his bluff and he paid for it.

So, are we suppose to go into every country that has a leader that is a tyrant, murderer and supports terrorism?

China comes to mind, Russia and a few dozen more.

We knew he didn't have WMD, one doesn't "call bluff" with the lives of soldiers and citizens. That's called immaturity.

chucky cheese 02-03-2011 05:31 PM

Here we go:popcorn:

Pmedg 02-03-2011 05:32 PM

Invading China won't happen due to the amount of commerce between our countries...

Pmedg 02-03-2011 05:36 PM

BTW McBear one of these days I hope we cross paths at some jeep event so we can have drinks and chat up random topics I think it would be a lot of fun. While it seems we have different opinions about some stuff I think it would make for a good time. You seem to have a lot of info on many subjects.

Cons_Table 02-03-2011 05:40 PM

Is it just me, or are the pics not working :confused:? They arent working on my computer or my iphone.

McBear 02-03-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pmedg (Post 1032268)
Invading China won't happen due to the amount of commerce between our countries...

Exactly. But if the whole tyrant, murderer and supports terrorism" excuse was PRINCIPLE it should not matter. But...10 pairs of socks at WalMart for $12 trumps principle if the logic continues.

In VietNam we were indoctrinated that we were stopping the dominoes, turned out yes/no. Same with Korea [though before my time]. Warriors are always pumped up with the best rational to keep them focused. With Storm it was easy...Iraq invaded. With Iraqi Freedom it was "tyrant, murderer and supports terrorism" after WMD didn't pan out. And the Kurd response is clouded because it was US who sold Iraq the mustard gas, sarin, tabun and VX.

McBear 02-03-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pmedg (Post 1032276)
BTW McBear one of these days I hope we cross paths at some jeep event so we can have drinks and chat up random topics I think it would be a lot of fun. While it seems we have different opinions about some stuff I think it would make for a good time. You seem to have a lot of info on many subjects.

Works very well for me. I make a habit of trying to meet as many folks on the fora that I play in as I can. Most of my best friends, now both virtual and real are from the opposite side of the fence.

Pmedg 02-03-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBear
Works very well for me. I make a habit of trying to meet as many folks on the fora that I play in as I can. Most of my best friends, now both virtual and real are from the opposite side of the fence.

Yeah you never gain actual knowledge from people that only agree with you

Coyote_94YJ 02-03-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBear (Post 1032225)
So, are we suppose to go into every country that has a leader that is a tyrant, murderer and supports terrorism?

We knew he didn't have WMD, one doesn't "call bluff" with the lives of soldiers and citizens. That's called immaturity.

1) Saddam Hussein said he had the weapons
2) UN inspections could not verify they didn't exist because of a lack of cooperation from the Iraqi government.
3) Intelligence provided by Douglas J. Feith (Undersecretary of Defense) showed the weapons were there.
4) More intelligence provided by Mr Feith showed a strong link between al Qaeda and Iraq.

These are the facts presented by the media. Whether or not we will ever know the real truth...who knows. But based on this information that was presented to President Bush I don't fault him one bit for making the decision he did.

This thread is not here to argue about the war. This thread is here because I chose to show support for a President who took the time out of his day to personally thank American Troops for what they do. If you don't want to show support then go find another thread to post in.

Back on topic.

InvertChaos 02-03-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBear

China? They don't seem too tyrannical to me. The people are happy with their government. Sure there is some human rights issues but I don't see China as a threat. They don't even support N.K. and called Kim Jong Il immature.

When you come up with a battle plan to sweep up WMD'S with zero casualties let me know. Or I guess we can just wait till they are sailing through the atmosphere above us...

Coyote_94YJ 02-03-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 1032283)
Is it just me, or are the pics not working :confused:? They arent working on my computer or my iphone.

Better now. :redface:

I don't think anyone could see them. I hotlinked from my yahoo email acct and I could see them just fine so I assumed they worked.

Freshbrew 02-03-2011 08:38 PM

I personally don't care what anyone has to say about Bush. I didn't agree with everything he did, but name one other president who did what he did in those pictures? Everyone certainly has a right to their opinion, but that was top shelf 1st class in my opinion. Nuff said, thanks for everyones service to our country and pray for our soldiers safe return and for the families of those who lost loved ones. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

89jeepster 02-03-2011 08:47 PM

According to a few friends in high places, the decision and date and time for the invasion of iraq was made 2 years before president bush was re-elected. It wouldnt have made a difference who the president had been. It was going down. The role of the president is just to be a scapegoat. Somebody to point fingers at.