Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   i love.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/i-love-78656.html)

wranglerYJ 02-03-2011 05:28 PM

i love....

i love when its -30 below and -40 below wind chill in north dakota and i go to start my jeep with NO block heater and its start right up after sitting in the cold for over a day! :dance:

89JEEPYJ 02-03-2011 07:01 PM

lol mine starts good dependin on its mood/day. some days it will start first crank other days it will crank a few times be4 starting

wranglerYJ 02-03-2011 08:49 PM

haha i hear ya, mines the same way! but shes been starting right up lately

MrChunkyFunk 02-03-2011 09:10 PM

Haha, I wish I could say the same thing! Mine's an 89, and I have to warm it up in my driveway for at least ten minutes before driving or every time I put the clutch in it dies :p

carlyj 02-03-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChunkyFunk (Post 1032805)
Haha, I wish I could say the same thing! Mine's an 89, and I have to warm it up in my driveway for at least ten minutes before driving or every time I put the clutch in it dies :p

i'm with you Chunky. it's been colder than usual out here in Vegas and she's having trouble starting :(

ropanach 02-03-2011 09:15 PM

I have a 95 YJ, I don't have to even set in the seat ( with it out of gear) just reach in turn the key and it fires right off, I love it, this can be done in all weater from first start in the mornning 5:00 A.M. to when I get of work 10 hours latter.

89JEEPYJ 02-03-2011 09:42 PM

pshh dam u fuel injection guys. i usaully warm my jeep up in the winter so i dont freeze my ass off when im driving around for the first few min. its wierd my truck idles at 5rpms when warming up and them 9/10 when warm. i dont know how to adjust the warm up idle...

tomslusher 02-03-2011 09:50 PM

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but windchill affects nothing other than human skin (or any type of skin, incuding animal). It doesn't make a lick of difference for a vehicle. It won't make any part of the vehicle any colder than the ambiant temperture. Water doesn't freeze any faster when there is windchill.

But it's still impressive that anything would start when it's that cold.

tomslusher

Nitro95 02-03-2011 10:40 PM

Coldest I've started mine is -17 with no wind. Started right up (:

tomslusher 02-03-2011 11:40 PM

a few weeks ago it was -30 degrees f but the jeep was in the garage so it was only about -10 or -15 degrees f. But it started right up. I haven't had a block heater that I plugged in for about 20 years and I haven't had a problem. How these newer cars and trucks do it is beyond me, but they always start, well almost always.

By the way, the heater in the jeep does a great job, but at -30 degrees f, the gaps in the top and the half doors let alot of cold air in and I have to wear gloves all the way to work.

tomslusher

bobjenkins 02-03-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wranglerYJ
i love when its -30 below and -40 below wind chill in north dakota and i go to start my jeep with NO block heater and its start right up after sitting in the cold for over a day! :dance:

That cqnt be good right? I hear pistons can't shrink almost as much as testicles in extreme cold . Guess I'm thankful in a way.to live in a heatbox

wranglerYJ 02-04-2011 09:54 AM

yeah its probably not very good for it. but nothing has happened yet..
i got a block heater for my birthday but i have not got it installed yet.
i tried to do it myself but i couldnt figure it:nonono:

skylar 02-04-2011 12:42 PM

mine will start right up and wont overheat in +115