Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   West Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f75/)
-   -   WV Mirror code (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f75/wv-mirror-code-7866.html)

Vector6 05-06-2007 02:16 PM

WV Mirror code

here's the code for Mirrors

§17C-15-35. Mirrors.

Every motor vehicle which is so constructed or loaded as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear thereof from the driver's position shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least two hundred feet to the rear of such vehicle.

activelydying 05-27-2007 11:44 AM

what does that mean exactly? i go visit my parents often and i was wondering if i needed to put my doors on to do it.

Vector6 05-27-2007 01:34 PM

i read it as if I have A MIRROR that I can see rearward 200ft im good.

therefore my W/S mounted mirror lets me see the required 200ft to the rear..

(unless hypothetically I was say.... hauling a fridge or washing machine in my jeep, in which case my view would be obstructed )

then I would need another mirror to give me the 200ft view to the rear.:D

activelydying 05-27-2007 01:43 PM

thanks.

JeepWoL 06-05-2008 10:24 PM

Just wounderin if anyone has actually checked into this?? was wounderin before a throw the doors n the corner bout the mirrors... i read it too that the rear view mirror would suffice... but dunno... anyone that can confirm?

Vector6 06-06-2008 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepWoL (Post 235253)
Just wounderin if anyone has actually checked into this?? was wounderin before a throw the doors n the corner bout the mirrors... i read it too that the rear view mirror would suffice... but dunno... anyone that can confirm?

thats from WV DMV code... ;)

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/...2049%20%20.htm

Vector6 06-06-2008 07:21 AM

I have printed this and keep it in my glovebox,

I regularly run doorless and have had never been pulled over for lack of mirrors,

but just incase i keep the copy of the code in the glovebox. (for new fresh police recruits)

JeepWoL 06-06-2008 09:20 AM

thanks 4 the link... think ill do the same on printing one out.... i know 90% of the cops around here... but u never know bout the new "super cop gonna clean everything up" bit that they seem 2 get around here every once n a while... now 2 go work these stupid doors off this jeep that i dont think has been removed n last 5 years....... shall be fun....:banghead::banghead:

JeepWoL 06-06-2008 09:33 AM

just read that code again... n first time i didnt catch the fact that it says A mirror not mirrors... soo... thay shouldnt b able 2 do jack to ya if u got a rear viewmirror....

JeepWoL 06-06-2008 10:22 PM

5 mins of pryin wd40 2 get passenger door off... previous owner said had never taken off...... 5 sec 4 the drivers side... talk about a shock.... :doh:

kaycee83 04-21-2009 02:25 PM

I live in PA, but i'm about 2 minutes from the WV line. I always see people runnin around with no doors or mirrors. I just got my Jeep, so i have yet to find out if no mirrors is a problem or not. But i'll probably find out this weekend :)

B14jc 11-24-2009 09:20 PM

I havent had any trouble around home, but have run into some issues in the Va, Md, and DC. Havent gotten a ticket though. I got the kit to mount the mirrors to the cab, removed the ones off the doors and filled and painted them. Now, full doors, half doors, or no doors, no problem. Takes less room to store the doors with no mirrors also.

slimbilly 01-21-2013 01:50 PM

it means if your windshield mounted rearview mirror is obstructed or you otherwise can't see out of it, you need a side mirror somewhere that you can see out of.

RedBones 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

This is of the subject, could some one tell me about the WV front bumper laws??
I have read it a few times, but its kinda confusing don't want to waste money on new bumper and then fail inspection.
Thanks.

ShaunWV 03-01-2013 02:01 PM

From what I read, bumpers must not be over 31"s off of the ground. It also states that if the bumper is removed then the frame cannot be greater than 31"s off the ground. Other than that, which applies to lifts more than bumpers, you should be good to go.

titanium dad 03-04-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBones (Post 3428172)
This is of the subject, could some one tell me about the WV front bumper laws??
I have read it a few times, but its kinda confusing don't want to waste money on new bumper and then fail inspection.
Thanks.

I have a copy of the modified inspection state trooper laws. The bumpers must come out to at least mid way of tires. No shorties. Beside the not more than 31" from ground to bottom of bumper. If not lifted there's no real check other than normal. Most don't know if not lifted.

titanium dad 03-04-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vector6 (Post 79503)
here's the code for Mirrors

§17C-15-35. Mirrors.

Every motor vehicle which is so constructed or loaded as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear thereof from the driver's position shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least two hundred feet to the rear of such vehicle.

I run without doors all summer. You only need rear view mirror in the state but federal law requires you to have at least one on drivers side. That's what a state trooper told me. I have a second set of mirrors with relocation brackets for summer. When it rains I put soft doors on and don't have to fuss with mirrors.

Mikedirtbike 07-30-2013 02:23 PM

Hope my bumpers pass insp