Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/stupid-stupid-stupid-78684.html)

OKLAHOMA_TJ 02-03-2011 08:57 PM

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
 
I got my tj about a month ago. Here was my first bonehead expensive learning experience...

I drove my TJ into deep snow in a neighbors yard..... got it stuck.....

attached my tow strap to the rear recovery bumper....


attached that to the frame hole of my chrysler aspen....


pulled the jeep out...AND CRACKED/SPLIT/SMASHED MY REAR BUMPER on the aspen when the tow strap tightened.

WHY OH WHY DIDNT CHRYSLER PUT A TOW HOOK ON A 9000 POUND SUV?????

DOH!!!!!

whitejeep 02-03-2011 09:16 PM

You should trade the Aspen in for a 4 door wrangler. Problem fixed.

That99SaharaGuy 02-03-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitejeep (Post 1032818)
You should trade the Aspen in for a 4 door wrangler. Problem fixed.

:punk:

XJ Knight 02-03-2011 09:19 PM

Shame on you for recommending a four door http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...finger_red.gif

whitejeep 02-03-2011 09:31 PM

I know, I know but I thought maybe the Aspen was the family hauler and the extra doors would come in handy.

XJ Knight 02-03-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitejeep (Post 1032860)
I know, I know but I thought maybe the Aspen was the family hauler and the extra doors would come in handy.

Thats when you get a Jeep XK with the 5.7 hemi.. Good offroad in case you need it and can tow your wrangler around if need be...

lownslowVW 02-04-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1032876)
Thats when you get a Jeep XK with the 5.7 hemi.. Good offroad in case you need it and can tow your wrangler around if need be...

that.

lownslowVW 02-04-2011 11:49 AM

and a few days after i got my tj i drove it into a friends neighbors snowfilled yard which was a bit too much snow for my wrangler and got it stuck so we had to dig and push it out. sucks though

OKLAHOMA_TJ 02-04-2011 05:36 PM

$208 in damage. Not bad. They are gonna fix the bumper......


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.