Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   all terrain (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/all-terrain-78717.html)

sahara89 02-04-2011 07:04 AM

all terrain
 
what all terrain tires do you think is the best bang for a buck

Hellbilly 02-04-2011 09:08 AM

Lots of ppl in the forum like Goodyear Dura Trac, I am going to get some this year as my Jeep came with bloody street/van tires. Can u believe they would put a set of GY sra on a off road vehicle, well my fault because I was not tire literate.:banghead:

rics1997 02-04-2011 09:12 AM

When I was looking I thought about using A/T's but went with M/t's instead but here was a few I looked at. Of course BF Goodrich are excellent tires in A/T's but are a little more expensive then some others that also get good reviews. The Firestone Destination had very good scores for this type of tire and were highly rated by customer reviews. A surprising tire that I looked at was one only sold at Wal-Mart and that was the Goodyear Authority (limited sizes though); they gave them a very aggressive look for a A/T. Also the Goodyear Duratrac is a good tire.

XJ Knight 02-04-2011 09:17 AM

The Duratracs and Copper ST or ST-C is your best options for a aggressive AT... Other wise there are more then enough MT's out there to choose from that are good on road while still being excellent offroad

sahara89 02-04-2011 09:28 AM

thanks for the advice guys. i wanna go with all terrain because i do a lot of highway driving, also were i live there is alot of snow and i know mud terrain arnt good in it and mild off roading so i dont think it is neccessary for the mud terrain also i dont really want to much noise because im in my car minimum 3 hours everday. Is there anyother advantage that mud terrain has over All terrain

sahara89 02-04-2011 09:31 AM

also i wanna get 17" Fuel D505 Gauge rims so what tire size would go with that? sorry for all the questions kinda a noob to all of this:doh:


thanks again guys:Thanx:

XJ Knight 02-04-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahara89 (Post 1033457)
thanks for the advice guys. i wanna go with all terrain because i do a lot of highway driving, also were i live there is alot of snow and i know mud terrain arnt good in it and mild off roading so i dont think it is neccessary for the mud terrain also i dont really want to much noise because im in my car minimum 3 hours everday. Is there anyother advantage that mud terrain has over All terrain

A MT cleans out better in the mud and the with larger lugs you will get better traction on a low traction surface (exception sand) then a all terrain.. AT's like said before the duratracs have a great life span and are very popular here as they are great offroad.. I know nothing but good things from the Cooper ST and ST-C but not sure if they come in a 17 inch rim option. I'm sure they do just not positive. Both of those AT's are what I would consider aggressive all terain tires and give you the best of both worlds without being a MT with sipping. A MT with sipping wouldn't be a bad choice either.. You can never ever go wrong with the Cooper STT.. Based on reviews Probably the best all around offroad tire for street use

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahara89 (Post 1033464)
also i wanna get 17" Fuel D505 Gauge rims so what tire size would go with that? sorry for all the questions kinda a noob to all of this:doh:


thanks again guys:Thanx:


I don't own a JK so the JK guys can correct me but I think the typical stock tire size equivalent for a JK is a 32. So for a 17 inch rim you would want to look for a 265/75/R17 as that is pretty close to a 32

sahara89 02-04-2011 09:57 AM

thanks for the info

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1033499)
A MT cleans out better in the mud and the with larger lugs you will get better traction on a low traction surface (exception sand) then a all terrain.. AT's like said before the duratracs have a great life span and are very popular here as they are great offroad.. I know nothing but good things from the Cooper ST and ST-C but not sure if they come in a 17 inch rim option. I'm sure they do just not positive. Both of those AT's are what I would consider aggressive all terain tires and give you the best of both worlds without being a MT with sipping. A MT with sipping wouldn't be a bad choice either.. You can never ever go wrong with the Cooper STT.. Based on reviews Probably the best all around offroad tire for street use




I don't own a JK so the JK guys can correct me but I think the typical stock tire size equivalent for a JK is a 32. So for a 17 inch rim you would want to look for a 265/75/R17 as that is pretty close to a 32


XJ Knight 02-04-2011 09:58 AM

No problem

Dapointa77 02-04-2011 10:49 AM

You can go as high as a 33in with a stock JK. tires-easy.com - Details: BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM 2 33x12.50 R15 108Q 6PR RWL

Those are pretty nice!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.