Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   New guy stationed at Fairchild AFB (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/new-guy-stationed-at-fairchild-afb-79636.html)

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 12:14 AM

New guy stationed at Fairchild AFB
 
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2000 wrangler sport and it is my first jeep. For the past 10 years i have built imports, two in which had 16 page spreads in magazines for being the two fastest acura rsx type s in the country. So, i am not new to building cars but I am new to the Jeep world. I was sick of building high boosted cars and spending thousands upon thousands to have 600+ whp for no reason (speed limit is 70 max so why have the extra power if i can not use it up here). So i decided to buy a vehicle that was the complete opposite of being lower to the ground, 600+whp and something that is going to be able to handle a beating :) Jeep is where i ended and i am glad i did! :)

I am in the USAF currently stationed at Fairchild AFB. I was in the Special Operations Pararescue pipeline before i got injured and in the hospital for a while. If you are stationed at FAFB or around the spokane, WA area let me know. I would definitely like to meet other jeep owners etcetera.

Well, after all is said and done i can not wait to do more to my Jeep and have fun. :punk:

-Paul

toshpate 02-10-2011 12:18 AM

Welcome. Dated an e-8 msgt for awhile at tinker. He was security forces. Welcome. Much better addiction then rice burners. Jk. Check out the washington state forum for locals

RatherBNarizona 02-10-2011 12:31 AM

Welcome Paul! Thank you for your service! I am seriously considering becoming a PJ :)

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 1046183)
Welcome. Dated an e-8 msgt for awhile at tinker. He was security forces. Welcome. Much better addiction then rice burners. Jk. Check out the washington state forum for locals

Im currently security forces and its not what i would choose as a job, but at least im still in the AF :) thats what matters...

haha i love the rice burners comment lmao..it cracked me up. I get that a lot, but if you saw some of the cars i have built (s2000, evo, sti etc) i think anyone would have some appreciation..maybe not lol

I was just checking the WA forum out and i am trying to find a local WA sale, trade, wtb thread but i dont think they have one.

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNmexico (Post 1046215)
Welcome Paul! Thank you for your service! I am seriously considering becoming a PJ :)

No problem at all sir :) If you want any information on the pipeline and indoc let me know and i will fill your plate with more then you asked for.

Would you be going C.R.O or enlisted if you decided to join? Also if you wanted to speak with a PJ and ask first hand on what he does day to day and how the deployments are, a close friend of mine is stationed in Georgia. I'd be glad to help you out if you need/want information.

Do you currently attend UofA?

toshpate 02-10-2011 12:45 AM

Yea the ex retires in 6 months. Does a lot of fire arm instruction and range training. They want him to re-up and deploy back to Afghanistan he is refusing been there Too many times

Missoulatj 02-10-2011 12:49 AM

Welcome! I'm in Montana but a bunch of us met last month at the Spokane ORV park, and were planning monthly get togethers. Search the thread "Spokane ORV Park???" and say hi there.

RatherBNarizona 02-10-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumberjack (Post 1046228)
No problem at all sir :) If you want any information on the pipeline and indoc let me know and i will fill your plate with more then you asked for.

Would you be going C.R.O or enlisted if you decided to join? Also if you wanted to speak with a PJ and ask first hand on what he does day to day and how the deployments are, a close friend of mine is stationed in Georgia. I'd be glad to help you out if you need/want information.

Do you currently attend UofA?

thank you sir!
I would love to get more information on it. It seems all my older friends are Army Spec Ops or Seals, and they don't know too much about PJ's. I would be going as C.R.O.

Yes, I currently attend U of A. Go Wildcats :thumb:

monkeee2002 02-10-2011 01:00 AM

Welcome to the Forum:wavey:
And thank you for serving! :)

JDsDream 02-10-2011 04:06 AM

Welcome To The Forum and THANK YOU

blkrubi88 02-10-2011 04:33 AM

Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum!

Coyote_94YJ 02-10-2011 01:46 PM

Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

Got any pics of the Jeep to share with the class?




BTW - You've got mail. :D

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ (Post 1047237)
Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

Got any pics of the Jeep to share with the class?




BTW - You've got mail. :D

Thanks for the info on the pm. I do not have any pics yet but i will post good ones asap, for the class lol see you around.

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missoulatj (Post 1046251)
Welcome! I'm in Montana but a bunch of us met last month at the Spokane ORV park, and were planning monthly get togethers. Search the thread "Spokane ORV Park???" and say hi there.

thank you for letting me know. I was just pm'ed the link and i posted on it so hopefully i am able to make the next meet :)

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNmexico (Post 1046261)
thank you sir!
I would love to get more information on it. It seems all my older friends are Army Spec Ops or Seals, and they don't know too much about PJ's. I would be going as C.R.O.

Yes, I currently attend U of A. Go Wildcats :thumb:


Oh awesome!!!:thumb: i am actually from Phoenix and went to MEPS downtown. About 15 months ago my recruiter and i went down to UofA with the PJ squadron from DMAFB to recruit CRO for PJ, CCT and SERE. I will write you a PM sometime later to give you some helpful links and stuff :punk:

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 1046239)
Yea the ex retires in 6 months. Does a lot of fire arm instruction and range training. They want him to re-up and deploy back to Afghanistan he is refusing been there Too many times

Well i would do the same if i were in his shoes. Especially with the new "ROLLBACK" the AF is doing now.

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsdream (Post 1046339)
welcome to the forum and thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkrubi88 (Post 1046364)
thank you for your service and welcome to the forum!

:)

Square_Eyes 02-10-2011 04:26 PM

:wavey: from Spokane! welcome to the forum!

toshpate 02-10-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumberjack (Post 1047522)
Well i would do the same if i were in his shoes. Especially with the new "ROLLBACK" the AF is doing now.

oh they want him to stay. His unit loves him and well other units have tried to steal him but he has been in 19 years... he is good ha ha plus he has a civilian federal job at Tinker as well.. He may be country but he isnt stupid :)

KDirty87 02-10-2011 04:35 PM

Welcome to the forum. I am AF too. I'm Comm stationed @ Beale in Cali.

jcf 02-10-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ (Post 1047237)
Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

Got any pics of the Jeep to share with the class?




BTW - You've got mail. :D

:thumb:you two are neighbours :dance:

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Square_Eyes (Post 1047547)
:wavey: from Spokane! welcome to the forum!

wow so i have to admit i definitely feel more welcomed in this forum then any other forum i have been on in the past 10 years :) thank you all so much.

toshpate 02-10-2011 04:48 PM

we are a friendly bunch.. just dont do anything stupid and do not post it here or you will be made fun of ruthlessly.. as in chadwick

KDirty87 02-10-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 1047593)
we are a friendly bunch.. just dont do anything stupid and do not post it here or you will be made fun of ruthlessly.. as in chadwick

:rofl::rofl:

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 1047558)
oh they want him to stay. His unit loves him and well other units have tried to steal him but he has been in 19 years... he is good ha ha plus he has a civilian federal job at Tinker as well.. He may be country but he isnt stupid :)

thats great he has a federal job lined up at tinker. Tell him congrats and thank him for me for serving for so long :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDirty87 (Post 1047562)
Welcome to the forum. I am AF too. I'm Comm stationed @ Beale in Cali.

Lucky :) Im jealous your stationed in California. I am originally from Southern California and still visit there once in a while. My brother went to UC berkeley so that is where i go to see him.

Its great to meet more military on this forum. The other forums i have been on (non-jeep) do not have many military.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcf (Post 1047565)
:thumb:you two are neighbours :dance:

true true :) haha

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 1047593)
we are a friendly bunch.. just dont do anything stupid and do not post it here or you will be made fun of ruthlessly.. as in chadwick


haha thanks for the heads up :dance:

toshpate 02-10-2011 05:09 PM

um I think there is a military thread.. dunno where but I think its like who has been in and served and what not.. I have a bum knee or I would be in

Lumberjack 02-10-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 1047640)
um I think there is a military thread.. dunno where but I think its like who has been in and served and what not.. I have a bum knee or I would be in

oh sweet ill have to find it. I am actually only going to be in for a short time longer because of my back injury in pararescue has been getting worse. Ill be either getting medically retired or something else, not too sure yet :( :nonono:it sucks

Square_Eyes 02-10-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumberjack

wow so i have to admit i definitely feel more welcomed in this forum then any other forum i have been on in the past 10 years :) thank you all so much.

I thought the same thing when I came to this forum after getting my jeep, the tuner forums I was on were everything but helpful or friendly lol

toshpate 02-10-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumberjack (Post 1047698)
oh sweet ill have to find it. I am actually only going to be in for a short time longer because of my back injury in pararescue has been getting worse. Ill be either getting medically retired or something else, not too sure yet :( :nonono:it sucks

yea got a medical discharge from national guard because of mine.. for some reason the army doesnt like retained hardwear if you do not get while on duty ha ha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.