Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Oops--I did it again (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/oops-i-did-it-again-80261.html)

Sherpa 02-14-2011 01:22 PM

Oops--I did it again

There are some clouds out, yes, but the temperature is a bit above 50^ so I had to do it:

http://dempseybowling.com/cars/98sport/topdown2.jpg

I hope some of you others out there are also able to sneak in some top-down time during the winter months.

jgorm 02-14-2011 02:07 PM

We hit 80F on Sat! I have the HT on so I can take the baby with us. I'll have to take it off and switch the tops and just put the windows on and top up when I need to take her someplace.

h2obill 02-14-2011 02:38 PM

Chicago's supposed to get dangerously close to 60F by Wed/Thurs.... rainy but i just might have to pop my soft-top cherry.

Sherpa 02-14-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2obill (Post 1055432)
Chicago's supposed to get dangerously close to 60F by Wed/Thurs.... rainy but i just might have to pop my soft-top cherry.

Yes, you definitely need to, what with your recent story about making it to work through that blizzard. :thumb:

Phil05LJ 02-14-2011 07:09 PM

Gonna be 70+ here Friday, I told the boss today I won't be at work, if you need me, I won't be available :D! I'll be in the woods cuttin trails with the top down and a HUGE smile!:)

OlYellerTJ 02-14-2011 07:21 PM

We have almost 3' of snow still on the ground, the industrial snow-thrower came down the street, and it was 55F this afternoon. If only I weren't at work... :-(

OsageJeep 02-14-2011 09:14 PM

Yesterday it was 65 outside with snow still on the ground but I still took off the doors and rolled up the back window :)

chrispybio 02-14-2011 09:28 PM

I envy you folks, i'd have pulled mine yesterday if it wasn't such a pain. Trade off you get for having a hard top. I still haven't gotten my hoist set up quite right yet, so it's still a bit of an ordeal. There are times I wish i had a soft top.

Phil05LJ 02-14-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispybio
I envy you folks, i'd have pulled mine yesterday if it wasn't such a pain. Trade off you get for having a hard top. I still haven't gotten my hoist set up quite right yet, so it's still a bit of an ordeal. There are times I wish i had a soft top.

I pulled the hard top off my TJ by myself years ago and it nearly killed me to keep from dropping it! I wouldn't recommend trying it without help! Use the hoist!

magicman37 02-14-2011 09:48 PM

Little further north than all of you, but i can still feel it coming. The top down weather right is around the corner :)

tysalem 02-14-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil05LJ (Post 1056484)
I pulled the hard top off my TJ by myself years ago and it nearly killed me to keep from dropping it! I wouldn't recommend trying it without help! Use the hoist!

Haha, yeah. I just got a soft top, but had a hard top before. Taking it off was a pain and I could get it off on my own and set it down safely, however, putting it back on the jeep was a whole different story.

cork1958 02-14-2011 10:19 PM

Still AT LEAST a month before I even think of taking the top off even if does get to the 49 degrees they're calling for this Friday.

I have a hard top also, but me and the kid can take it off and put it back on without any issues.

Can't wait for some decent weather though!!

Phil05LJ 02-14-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysalem

Haha, yeah. I just got a soft top, but had a hard top before. Taking it off was a pain and I could get it off on my own and set it down safely, however, putting it back on the jeep was a whole different story.

LOL! I didn't even attempt to put it back on alone!

Phil05LJ 02-14-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cork1958
Still AT LEAST a month before I even think of taking the top off even if does get to the 49 degrees they're calling for this Friday.

I have a hard top also, but me and the kid can take it off and put it back on without any issues.

Can't wait for some decent weather though!!

49 is too chilly for my blood! LOL! Spring is close, I can't wait either!

Phil05LJ 02-14-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicman37
Little further north than all of you, but i can still feel it coming. The top down weather right is around the corner :)

Can't come too soon!

Wrangler06 02-14-2011 10:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got to 60 sumthin here in VA today so me and a couple buddies at school yanked the hard top off, pulled the half doors and went cruisin!! we had a strong wind advisory out today too. not sure how fast it was blowin but it was rediculous, enjoyed it none the less!:punk: