Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

More questions on lift

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MOz 
#1 ·
Ok, so if I go with the TJ/LJ/Rubicon 2.25" Complete Budget Boost Kit without the shocks, can I add shocks after the fact?

Or is it a must to do both at the same time?

Do I need to add the transfer case spacer?

Will run 32" tires....31.7" actual

99 TJ

#2 ·
Double check the Rubicon Express' installation sheet for the details. They make suggestions for what you need to add.

Shocks are not mandatory but if you want more travel (for off roading) you may want to consider them into your build. Make sure you buy the appropriate lenght shocks for your lift.

I will be lifting my '02 Wrangler shortly with the RE 3.5" SuperFlex kit. It comes with the transfer case lowering kit. I'm not sure you will need it for a 2.5" lift. I'm inclined to believe you would not but check the Rubicon details.

#3 ·
It's kind of hit or miss as to getting vibes from BB. Some do some don't. Go ahead and install it and then see what your jeep feels like. You are going to be the best guage for how your jeep handles before and after lifting it.

#4 ·
Do I need to add the transfer case spacer?99 TJ
Even if you do need to lower your TC and the kit doesn't come with one, or you don't want to put it on, all you need is some washers. All the kit is is spacers....washer do the same exact thing. You may need 3 or more on each bolt but they only cost cents. Using washers is better anyway cuz you keep some clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.