Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   RC 4" Lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rc-4-lift-81089.html)

CapnDean 02-19-2011 09:04 PM

RC 4" Lift

Hokay so I put on this 4" Rough Country lift. Now my jeep rides like a hay wagon and has a slight bump steer.

Is that just what I am gonna have to live with or is there a way to make it easier on the bumps?

I have a set of adjustable shocks that I can engineer to fit (both ends are bushing holes so I will need a Bar Pin Eliminator for each shock)

Or is it gonna be this way no matter what I do?

nick50471 02-19-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnDean
Hokay so I put on this 4" Rough Country lift. Now my jeep rides like a hay wagon and has a slight bump steer.

Is that just what I am gonna have to live with or is there a way to make it easier on the bumps?

I have a set of adjustable shocks that I can engineer to fit (both ends are bushing holes so I will need a Bar Pin Eliminator for each shock)

Or is it gonna be this way no matter what I do?

Typical for a RC lift. That's why I am dumping mine.

MikeMTJ 02-20-2011 12:13 AM

New control arms, or stock?

RC has some of the lowest quality junk. I'm going to be ditching my RC lift come spring for some rubicon express springs.

T2000J 02-20-2011 07:45 AM

The name say's it all Rough Country :D

CapnDean 02-20-2011 09:37 AM

My rear control arms ar both arc fab 4x4 adjustable. The front Control arms are stock upper and RC lower.

So I spose nobody has figured out how to ease off on this kit huh? I thought the springs were awfull stiff going.... Thank heavens I got the kit on the cheap.

dogsbollocks 02-20-2011 09:47 AM

What do you expect for the price? Mine rides WAY too stiff, but for the $$ I can deal.
Btw-it doesn't soften up.

yjkid95 02-20-2011 09:53 AM

Shocks make a huge difference in ride. The rough country shocks or notoriously stiff. If you get a set of skyjacker hydros (a much smoother ride with them) you should notice a good difference,

UnlimitedLJ04 02-20-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnDean (Post 1068412)
Thank heavens I got the kit on the cheap.

but see, what most don't realize is you'll spend less money if you buy a quality kit the first time around, say Clayton off-road or Currie, than you will after buying the cheap kit and spending more money buying the quality components, trying to fix the cheap kit & make it right.

4Jeepn 02-20-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMYJ (Post 1068144)
New control arms, or stock?

RC has some of the lowest quality junk. I'm going to be ditching my RC lift come spring for some rubicon express springs.

Might be hard to find new RE springs...RE is closed down for who knows how long. Plus the leaf springs were being made in India. I would look into better shocks.

Merle Swaggard 02-20-2011 11:03 AM

Post a pic !! I would upgrade pieces at a time to make it better mix and match springs and shocks

CapnDean 02-20-2011 02:22 PM

Yeah I bought my kit off of somebody who went taller - - It was dirt cheap that's for sure... I have a set of adjustable shocks I am gonna try... BAM what a ride!