Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Body lift/Shock question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/body-lift-shock-question-8131.html)

skeez2v 05-18-2007 11:22 PM

Body lift/Shock question

I'm fixing to buy a new set of shocks to replace my stock set and my question is....Since I have a 3" body lift do I need to be looking for shocks that fit a 3" lift or do I look for shocks that are to replace the stock set at 0" lift? Thanks for the help

MR.CLIFFORD 05-18-2007 11:24 PM

If the only lift you have is a body lift then you buy shocks for a stock ride height vehicle. I would suggest the OME N66 and N67 shocks for the best ride available. :)

Triple88a 05-18-2007 11:25 PM

0 lift.. i rather get a BB if i'm going to get shocks.. a bb is 200-250 or so (150ish at ebay).. a new set of shocks is ~200?

skeez2v 05-18-2007 11:29 PM

The BB does make more sense. Do I need to be aware of anything in particular if I go with a BB and my 3"BL? and also does anyone have any suggestions or have had any luck with any particular brand of BB with the 3" BL set up?

nicolas-eric 05-19-2007 08:09 AM

3" BL and a BB? actually i have 2" BB and 2" BB.
my front brake lines are bent a bit (because of the BL) where they are installed at the frame behind the driver´s side wheel.

but there is no other problem for you if you put in a BB. if you have a D44 rear axle and auuto tzranny you could need a small TC drop. i needed it because of some driveline vibes.

goi with the OME shocks. thats much ore comfortable on the road than the stiff stock shocks.

jherrin215 05-19-2007 10:44 AM

You wouldn't buy either shocks or a BB, you need to either replace the shocks with the same length shocks, or you need to put on a BB and shocks. You are not going to gain anything except ride quality and flex with a lift by replacing shocks.

Triple88a 05-19-2007 03:22 PM

Ok.. lets make that clear for him.. BB is Budged boost (small suspension lift). It comes with new (longer) shocks and 1.75-3" hokey looking pucks (height depends on what you choose) that sit on top of the stock coils.. A BL = body lift.. There were/are couple of ¿typos? around here making it all confusing...

If you buy shocks alone and replace yours you need stock height shocks altough you have 3" Body Lift.. It will still be the same height..

BB is just couple more bucks but will give you a bit of suspension lift so you will gain some height in the end. .. as recomende above.. OME is best.. (a bit pricey but the best quality)

skeez2v 05-19-2007 07:26 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll run with the BB and see where it takes me next.....it'll probably lead to my wife putting my debit card into a choke hold. Thanks again.

MR.CLIFFORD 05-19-2007 08:42 PM

if by debit card you mean you, then yes! She will probably put the debit card in a choke hold ;)

Triple88a 05-19-2007 09:44 PM

^ Listen to this man, he has LOTs of experience