Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Tell us your strange driving habits. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/tell-us-your-strange-driving-habits-81712.html)

WatchThis! 02-23-2011 05:31 PM

Tell us your strange driving habits.

I had someone ask me about a strange thing that I do when I'm driving. Whenever I go into first gear I allways go to seckond gear first. This is a habit that I picked up when I was driving a 64 F100 that I replaced the column shift with a floor shift. I had to allways go to 2nd before 1'st or it would hang up, even coming out of reverse. To this day I do it in every stick shift that I drive.:facepalm: So what other strang habits do other readers have that might make someone else go WTF? Dont be scared lets hear them:thumb:

thewasel 02-23-2011 05:59 PM

It's always fun when you've been driving a manual anything for a while, then go to drive an automatic and plant your left foot on the floorboard expecting to feel the clutch and momentarily find yourself confused.

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 06:07 PM

Huh.. Um.. Aaa... Dont really have any.. This is tough... I have a couple WTF moments with the jeep though... I took the wrong on ramp entering the highway and instead of driving to the first exit and turning around I just gunned it across the grassy area that separates the on and off ramps, done this a few times. and sometimes red lights look green ( early in the morning before I drink my coffee ) oops.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access

Helmsy 02-23-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewasel (Post 1077264)
It's always fun when you've been driving a manual anything for a while, then go to drive an automatic and plant your left foot on the floorboard expecting to feel the clutch and momentarily find yourself confused.

I do that all the time. Lol

shewoolf 02-23-2011 07:06 PM

When coming to a stop if i don't have time to fully down shit through it. I always down shift through all the gears even if the clutch is in LOL Figure it's habit

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1077292)
Huh.. Um.. Aaa... Dont really have any.. This is tough... I have a couple WTF moments with the jeep though... I took the wrong on ramp entering the highway and instead of driving to the first exit and turning around I just gunned it across the grassy area that separates the on and off ramps, done this a few times. and sometimes red lights look green ( early in the morning before I drink my coffee ) oops.

Geez! I don't think you should be driving!:rofl: jus kiddn! My habit is I won't start my Jeep unless the letters "Jeep" on the key are facing me in the ignition. I'm not superstitious but it's just one of those little things. Any one who just read this will be cursed with this awful habit. :D

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shewoolf (Post 1077454)
When coming to a stop if i don't have time to fully down shit through it. I always down shift through all the gears even if the clutch is in LOL Figure it's habit

I think you forgot a letter!:rofl2:

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil05LJ

I think you forgot a letter!:rofl2:

Nothing like a good down shit....ROFL

Merle Swaggard 02-23-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1077503)
Nothing like a good down shit....ROFL

Just tell everyone thats mud in your seat! :rofl:

chucky cheese 02-23-2011 07:37 PM

I have a habit and yes it is strange. I like to be driving along and fart.
Nothing like having people looking for the window handles that do not exist!
I have half doors and there are no window handles! BWAAAAHAhAhAhAAA!
But the fun part is ,is thinking of things to blame it on.
Wasn't ME! Must be something outside. Let me turn the vent off.
I don't know what that is. The world stinks I guess.
Who smelt it delt it!
Yeah I smell that too. I did give your mother a lift earlier.
Urban sprawl does have it's benefits.
You may have a youngster with you that says it stinks but kind of smells like rotten hamburger and onions.
Just point to a Burger King and say ,yeah I think it is coming from there as you wipe the mustered from your mouth and stuff the double Whopper wrapper under your seat.

shewoolf 02-23-2011 07:38 PM

OMG opps!! sorry about:doh::redface:

Guess it's to late to edit since i have been quoted lol

jcf 02-23-2011 07:41 PM

Chucky thats not a strange driving habit it's just something gross.
I have a strange habit of sometimes driving on the wrong side of the road :facepalm:

Not really anymore only did it a couple of times back when I first started driving in the US :redface:

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shewoolf (Post 1077532)
OMG opps!! sorry about:doh::redface:

Guess it's to late to edit since i have been quoted lol

Just bustin your chops! No problemo! I too sit to poo!:)

bobjenkins 02-23-2011 07:44 PM

I like to shave my legs and drive naked without doors simultaneously

Merle Swaggard 02-23-2011 07:44 PM

Ha ha

I purposely go over speed bumps and rail road tracks at a high rate of speed
( of course not when other vehicles in my way ) and I give a really loud YEE HAW like the duke boys and my GF hates it (she mashes the invisible brake on the passenger floor board and rips off the oh $hit handle!)

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 07:45 PM

[QUOTE="Merle Swaggard"]

Just tell everyone thats mud in your seat! :rofl:[/

How u explain the corn mixed in? Um corn fields duh!!

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merle Swaggard (Post 1077525)
Just tell everyone thats mud in your seat! :rofl:

:rofl: I've been in mud that smelled worse than that!

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky cheese (Post 1077529)
I have a habit and yes it is strange. I like to be driving along and fart.
Nothing like having people looking for the window handles that do not exist!
I have half doors and there are no window handles! BWAAAAHAhAhAhAAA!
But the fun part is ,is thinking of things to blame it on.
Wasn't ME! Must be something outside. Let me turn the vent off.
I don't know what that is. The world stinks I guess.
Who smelt it delt it!
Yeah I smell that too. I did give your mother a lift earlier.
Urban sprawl does have it's benefits.
You may have a youngster with you that says it stinks but kind of smells like rotten hamburger and onions.
Just point to a Burger King and say ,yeah I think it is coming from there as you wipe the mustered from your mouth and stuff the double Whopper wrapper under your seat.

Although that is sick, cruel and disturbing, thanks for the laugh! I needed that! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcf
Chucky thats not a strange driving habit it's just something gross.
I have a strange habit of sometimes driving on the wrong side of the road :facepalm:

Not really anymore only did it a couple of times back when I first started driving in the US :redface:

Did that wasted bout 10 yrs ago.

Merle Swaggard 02-23-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil05LJ (Post 1077561)
:rofl: I've been in mud that smelled worse than that!

Have you really :rofl:

Kjeeper

Ha ha Corn in the seat thats classic and peanuts!

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 07:51 PM

All that trash on the floor... Rip 90 down the highway, it's gone! Self cleaning ; )

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 07:53 PM

Looks like a smeared Heath bar.. Yuk

YJjeep 02-23-2011 07:54 PM

:rofl: this thread has made my day. :rofl:

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merle Swaggard (Post 1077576)
Have you really :rofl:

Kjeeper

Ha ha Corn in the seat thats classic and peanuts!

Actually yes, mud holes in the woods here can get stagnant and the stink is horrific. Maybe that's why I quit enjoying running through mud holes with water on top?!

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 07:58 PM

Illegal actions, OCD, shaved legs, downshiting, mud, corn, peanuts, what's next?

Mud 02-23-2011 08:09 PM

I too do the shift into 2nd before going into first when I stop. Also do the Jeep facing up on the key. When I ride in other peoples vehicles they tend to yell out " WTF are you doing we are doing 65 shut the door!" I also tend to speak louder than others just after exiting my Jeep. And I have learned that if it can't be said between gears it isn't important or heard.

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1077610)
Illegal actions, OCD, shaved legs, downshiting, mud, corn, peanuts, what's next?

Nice tally you've collected! Are you trying to say I have OCD? LOL, I do at times but only at my convience.
What's next... Hum, shnaz berries taste like shnaz berries, bet you didn't know that. I've never had them but I hear their good.

kjeeper10 02-23-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil05LJ

Nice tally you've collected! Are you trying to say I have OCD? LOL, I do at times but only at my convience.
What's next... Hum, shnaz berries taste like shnaz berries, bet you didn't know that. I've never had them but I hear their good.

Nope : )

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud (Post 1077658)
I too do the shift into 2nd before going into first when I stop. Also do the Jeep facing up on the key. When I ride in other peoples vehicles they tend to yell out " WTF are you doing we are doing 65 shut the door!" I also tend to speak louder than others just after exiting my Jeep. And I have learned that if it can't be said between gears it isn't important or heard.

Welcome to the "Jeep facing up" club! I was starting to feel lonely! :thumb:

Phil05LJ 02-23-2011 08:19 PM

This has been more like a chat room than a tread but it's been fun. So back to the tread, a driving habit I also have is letting my Jeeps warm up for a few minutes before driving. I won't start it and cut it off just to move it an inch. I have always hated to start and stop an engine immediately for some reason.