Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Ol'bob's fishing report (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/olbobs-fishing-report-8173.html)

ol'bob 05-20-2007 07:20 PM

Ol'bob's fishing report

Ol'Bob's fishin' report.

As I had said in an earlier post I've not been fishing in about 5 years. Well here is my report.

May 19, 2007. Lake livingston. Wind out of east in the morning and turned variable in the afternoon. Clear skies with a high in the low 80's.

We got on the lake about 7am and were anchored up by 7:30am. My wife's former boss said we should tear 'em up right here as this spot gave up white bass like nobody's business the last two Saturdays.

He hooked a 12" keeper on maybe the 3rd or 4th cast. Next fish got off a half hour later. His nephew had one hit about 15 minutes after that but again it got off.

Had one small boat troll through. They tangled up my and my son's line. I reeled in and had to cut the mess apart. He trolled over apologised and I handed him his rig.

We then lifted up and tried a spot on the north side of Pine Island. Nothing.

We went to a couple of places on his GPS. Nothing.

Went back to the original spot as he said they hit later in the morning. We fished this spot till noon. Other than my son getting an undersized striper, nothing.

We went back in and did a few repairs to the boat and took a break till 3pm. Back on the water we fished the spots tried that morning. Same results. We then hit a number of laces he had marked on the GPS. Nothing. He then pulled the map and we tried a couple more. At 6pm it was decided to call it a day and we packed it in.

Bottomline - - It was a fun day to just to be on the water. We saw many friendly folks and returned all waves. It's nice to get out of Houston. Since I caught nothing I went ahead and took all the ribbing about being bad luck. I told them if they ever wanted to have a chance at winning a tourney to just get me on the other team. That should boost their chances. At times like these I feel a lot like the William H. Macy character in "The Cooler". For those who know me they know that isn't far from the truth.

This weekend is putting in a wirless router in over at my dad's. Not looking forward to that.

JEEP lift - - well that will just have to wait. Why ? I pulled my jack stands out and find one is broken. I wanted taller ones anyway so time to save for those.

bluvikng 05-20-2007 07:31 PM

Sorry about the bad luck, fishing. Glad you had a good day, on the lake. Beats the heck out of sitting on the couch.

tiny terror 05-20-2007 07:38 PM

A bad day fishing's still better than a lot of other things :D

Good that you found out about the busted jackstand before you got that baby up on it.

Dare2BSquare 05-20-2007 09:38 PM

After an hour of fishing, the following conversation took place:

First guy: "You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come out fishing this weekend. I had to promise my wife that I will paint every room in the house next weekend."

Second guy: "That's nothing; I had to promise my wife that I will build her a new deck for the pool."

Third guy: "Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise my wife that will remodel the kitchen for her."

They continue to fish when they realized that the fourth guy has not said a word. So they asked him. "You haven't said anything about what you had to do to be able to come fishing this weekend. What's the deal?"

Fourth guy: "I just set my alarm for 5:30 am. When it went off, I shut off my alarm, gave the wife a nudge and said, "Fishing or sex," and she said, 'Wear sun-block.' "

ol'bob 05-21-2007 10:20 AM

I FULLY agree that being out on the lake on a sunny Saturday is waaaaayyyyy better than being at work. It also gave my wife a day with me and my son out of the house.

It is a good thing I found the broken jack stand before I got all nestled in for some wrenching. I need taller ones anyway.

All-n-all a good day.

MouthfulOfGrass 05-21-2007 11:43 AM

Hey, you went fishing, you win !!