Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Please stop the dinging!!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/please-stop-the-dinging-82377.html)

JK-MULISHA 02-28-2011 04:54 AM

Please stop the dinging!!!!

I don't know about everyone else but wearing your seatbelt should be a personal choice...With that said does anyone know how to stop the chiming of the seat belt warning? and I apologize I posted this without looking first

jeffk42 02-28-2011 06:12 AM

Here's the answer:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/07-...-it-68754.html

And here's the commentary:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/sea...arm-56443.html

Happy reading. :)

Mac2411 02-28-2011 06:24 AM

Yes. The search function is your friend. :)

AgtSunshine 02-28-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK-MULISHA
I don't know about everyone else but wearing your seatbelt should be a personal choice...With that said does anyone know how to stop the chiming of the seat belt warning? and I apologize I posted this without looking first

Denied.

As the spouse of a emergency medical worker, I firmly agree with the enforcement of seat belt and helmet laws.

With a helmet or belt correctly utilized, a serious injury can be avoided.

If there is no serious injury, there is no need to go to the ER.

If the ER staff doesn't need to allocate resources to a victim who COULD HAVE AVOIDED their injury, then that same ER staff can tend to another whose injury/ailment may have not have been through any fault of their own.

I'm not talking about your ability to pay the ER bill through your health insurance (which we ALL have to pay for), I'm talking about the FINITE resources of TIME and available manpower.

ERs are already understaffed as qualified staff are becoming harder to find. We're already importing nurses!!

You are free to act with social RESPONSIBILITY, not mooch off of social resources. If I had my way, not wearing proper safety provisions should be an automatic DNR.

Liberty should not predicate selfish decisions that ultimately hurt us all.

Mac2411 02-28-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgtSunshine (Post 1087385)
Denied.

As the spouse of a emergency medical worker, I firmly agree with the enforcement of seat belt and helmet laws.

With a helmet or belt correctly utilized, a serious injury can be avoided.

If there is no serious injury, there is no need to go to the ER.

If the ER staff doesn't need to allocate resources to a victim who COULD HAVE AVOIDED their injury, then that same ER staff can tend to another whose injury/ailment may have not have been through any fault of their own.

I'm not talking about your ability to pay the ER bill through your health insurance (which we ALL have to pay for), I'm talking about the FINITE resources of TIME and available manpower.

ERs are already understaffed as qualified staff are becoming harder to find. We're already importing nurses!!

You are free to act with social RESPONSIBILITY, not mooch off of social resources. If I had my way, not wearing proper safety provisions should be an automatic DNR.

Liberty should not predicate selfish decisions that ultimately hurt us all.

Seems like a funny topic for a Jeep forum and I don't really have a strong position on this, but okay. According to your logic of "social responsibility" none of us should even be driving Jeeps because they use too much fuel and resources that could be used to maintain the "common good." We're already importing oil! Having to import oil is getting the West involved in the wars and conflicts of the Middle East where their soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines are killed needlessly. Those resources spent on wars could be better spent helping the children, building more ER's, and training more nurses. I could point to many more examples of where this "impact theory" of liberty leads, but the point is made. Individual liberty cannot be predicated on the economics of a given situation or even solely on the "common good." If that was the case individual liberty was no more than a vote away because safety deemed it necessary. Not my kind of liberty. On the other hand, seat belts are a good thing and should be used. Just my two cents.:)

daggo66 02-28-2011 07:07 AM

Anyone who drives an open top vehicle without a seatbelt has a death wish. Read about Jake on JKO.

KSCRUDE 02-28-2011 07:13 AM

How about the key in the ignition dinging? Any way to kill that dam thing?

daggo66 02-28-2011 07:16 AM

Close the door.:D

KSCRUDE 02-28-2011 07:22 AM

That dinger is driving me niuts. On most fords you can cut a wire, or pull the ignition switch out and tape a contact. I want to kill it once and for all. Just don't know how on a jeep.

daggo66 02-28-2011 07:39 AM

This should help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQyib5ZQZY

KSCRUDE 02-28-2011 08:14 AM

I guss the dinger wasn't that bad after all!

JK-MULISHA 02-28-2011 09:07 AM

Jeffk42- thank you
Mac2411- I will search before hand for now on
AgtSunshine- I respect your opinion and see you point

distortedtj 02-28-2011 09:11 AM

Everyone play nice. :)

And about searching....http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/tell...rch-74946.html

rics1997 02-28-2011 10:09 AM

I agree it is stupid not to wear a seatbelt but this country is becoming more and more about laws in the name of protecting ourselves from ourselves then it is about being a free nation. And we don't seem to care as a nation about it. We have become more worried about the other person then our own personal freedoms and have become complacent about giving them up.

We might as well become a dictatorship. Most Dictators truly believe they are doing what is best for his people. Just let others make the right choices for us and we don't have to worry if we make the wrong one or not. Why should we think for ourselves anymore? Not sure which is more stupid at this point, not wearing a seatbelt or allowing the government to tell us we have to. Give up a little freedom here in the name of safety then give a little more then a little more until you have none.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." proposal to the Pennsylvania Assembly in 1775,

RaiderRUBICON 02-28-2011 10:14 AM

Cool people wear their seat belts.

Come on seriously!!!!!!!!!! wear that darn belt, it is the right thing to do.

AJ:)

JeeperJake 02-28-2011 10:24 AM

I found the manual gave me directions on turning off the chimes. Very helpful for such as moving Jeep around the yard without (mmwwaahaahaaaa) going berserk.... the chime made it difficult for me to hear the voices in my head telling me to put on the belt.....

JK-MULISHA 02-28-2011 11:32 AM

I had no Idea that this was going to stir the port o let so much ... As for everyone speaking of freedoms and so forth and what's right and what's wrong... Everyone has an opinion your entitled to it so own it... Thanks for the info and thanks for the concern but belt or no belt I think all be all right without the chime ... Forum about jeeps right? Can we get back too the jeep

Mac2411 02-28-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK-MULISHA (Post 1087817)
I had no Idea that this was going to stir the port o let so much ... As for everyone speaking of freedoms and so forth and what's right and what's wrong... Everyone has an opinion your entitled to it so own it... Thanks for the info and thanks for the concern but belt or no belt I think all be all right without the chime ... Forum about jeeps right? Can we get back too the jeep

Yeah, it all seems a bit overwrought and silly doesn't it? Anyway, welcome to the forum! :thumb:

Dogzilla 02-28-2011 11:39 AM

If I'm gonna be strapped down, the sex better be damned good. And I don't wanna have sex while I'm driving. End of argument. (for me, at least)

Barrie 02-28-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK-MULISHA (Post 1087817)

Very good idea, lets stick to the subject of the thread. :thumb:

daggo66 02-28-2011 12:03 PM

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/sea...m-56443-2.html

Jump to post #37 for the answer.

ChaseRedJK 02-28-2011 12:09 PM

First day I had my Jeep I read the owners manual and disabled my seat belt dinger using the seat belt fastening method. Also I agree that the key in ignition chime is annoying, especially when detailing my Jeep in garage I like to play the radio but usually have the doors open so I just unplug my doors.. no more chime just music.

kjeeper10 02-28-2011 12:12 PM

I rather not have some one pick up pieces of my body scattered all over the highway. and find pieces mashed under peoples cars that were driving by.. Wait I'm dead, why would it matter? Just put on your seat belt : )

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access

HobieJeep 02-28-2011 12:12 PM

I used to wear mine "sometimes". I lived in Tokyo for 2 years, early 90's. An Accident happened directly in front of me at an intersection. T-Bone, Truck Rear Axles vs Compact Car. The driver and passenger came through the windshield and their faces SLAPPED the hood. The steering wheel was folded over. The dash was crushed above the glovebox. They went back through the holes in the windshield and into their seats.

Young Couple..........Dead

Someone had to tell their Families.

Who's going to tell yours?

Who's going to tell your Parents?

Who's going to tell your Wife?

Who's going to tell your Husband?

Who's going to tell your KIDS ?!?!?!

Gomenesai

moushiwake arimasen

HobieJeep 02-28-2011 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More

distortedtj 02-28-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie in Utah (Post 1087850)
Very good idea, lets stick to the subject of the thread. :thumb:

Thread has gotten the info requested. Subject ended.