Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Tow package lift installed (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/tow-package-lift-installed-82935.html)

rserver907 03-03-2011 12:45 PM

Tow package lift installed

5 Attachment(s)
can never figure out how to upload to my flickr. whatever
upgraded my stock suspension to tow package springs
#14 springs up front to #19
#56 springs rear to #60
and replaced all stock shocks to bilstein hd
anyway the shot on the beach and the one covered in mud are at stock hight. and the one front angle shot is with the new springs and shocks on.
overall i got 2" inches of lift in the front, and about 1 1/4" inch lift in the rear.
i paid about $450 for all the parts and another $280 for install and my friends shop.

the ride is awsome. it feels more like a truck should. its deff harder then before, but still comfortable. it doesnt lean any more in turns either.

need some rims and tires so i can fill in the fender gap better.

daggo66 03-03-2011 12:53 PM

They ride with that set up is awesome.

MTH 03-03-2011 01:01 PM

Can't wait . . . can't wait . . . can't wait . . . .

Looks great. Any chance you did (or could) break out the tape measure and determine whether your factory rake is in fact gone? It sounds as if it might be (i.e., more boost in the front than the rear).

I'm going to do this same set up, but I'm trying to determine whether I should also toss in a 3/4" puck on top of the front coils to get rid of the rake. I don't want to overcompensate though . . . .

Again though, looks great.

Ratchet 03-03-2011 01:06 PM

Looks good! Unfortunately, I am going to have to plow with mine next year. Seems like that spring set up will give me a little extra up front for the plow set up.

rserver907 03-03-2011 01:15 PM

i did measure before from the ground over the center cap of each wheel to the fender. also from the ground straight up to the license plate front, and ground to the rear tow hook. i got almost a full 2 inches up front, and 1 1/4 inch rear.
sitting in it i do feel like im looking out slightly higher then before as well.

rserver907 03-03-2011 01:21 PM

corrrection when i sit in it i feel like its pointed upwards more. which is good. i wasnt concerned with rake when i purchased the parts though i wanted a little lift, but it did level it out better.

shredd_guy 03-03-2011 01:28 PM

Is this a better way to go than a budget boost in your opinion? seems cleaner to me.

rserver907 03-03-2011 01:37 PM

yes better then a budget boost, im not sure how the dealer would react. i techniqually have mopar springs, but with aftermarket shocks. so im not sure what they would do. you could get the rubi shocks though

shredd_guy 03-03-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rserver907 (Post 1094431)
yes better then a budget boost, im not sure how the dealer would react. i techniqually have mopar springs, but with aftermarket shocks. so im not sure what they would do. you could get the rubi shocks though

Sage advice. I appreciate it.