Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   I hate craigslist. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/i-hate-craigslist-8298.html)

tiny terror 05-25-2007 02:36 PM

I hate craigslist.

Wrote to what was supposed to be a local who had a jeep for sale yesterday, here's the response I got a few minutes ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDIOT
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 1994 Jeep Wrangler Auto 6cyl 4x4.The car price is only 2300 USD and the price including all the shipping taxes.The car is registered in U.S. but located in Malmo Sweden whit me and my family because i am in U.S. Marine serving our country here in Malmo.After i finish the mission here i want to spend the rest of my life in Malmo.The title is clear that way you will not have any problems to register in your name.The shipping is free .

Since this is an over seas purchase and in order for both parts to be safe we will use a third party to make this deal.

Adam

And yes, I responded.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ME
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah I'm that stupid. Thanks

I hate craigslist.

Scout 05-25-2007 02:50 PM

Buy it - it's a deal.

Joe Dirt 05-25-2007 04:03 PM

Fraud Alert!!!!

tiny terror 05-25-2007 04:06 PM

Did anyone know there was a conflict in Sweden?? Or are the Marines gathering tall blonde women because we need to shore up the WNBA???

Hackle 05-25-2007 04:12 PM

I would have told him I had family Sweden and needed his address so they could checkout the Jeep and they could be the thrid party:) My guess would be they would not contact you again.

Joe Dirt 05-25-2007 04:15 PM

This is a common scam. The third party is a friend who will take your money and split it with the guy who is not really a Marine. The police will not help you because it's international crime and the loss is not enough for the Feds to care. Most of these scams come from Nigeria, but not exclusively. Beware!

tiny terror 05-25-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackle (Post 85401)
I would have told him I had family Sweden and needed his address so they could checkout the Jeep and they could be the thrid party:) My guess would be they would not contact you again.

Oh snap, that would have been funny. :D

No worries, I'm not easily scammed and I go right back and report the ads.

emills 05-25-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 85399)
Or are the Marines gathering tall blonde women because we need to shore up the WNBA???

Sorry - what were we talking about? I got sidetracked for a minute here. I just don't think the women I am picturing should be running up and down a basketball court.

tiny terror 05-25-2007 05:45 PM

But it would boost the ratings now wouldn't it?

Dare2BSquare 05-25-2007 06:26 PM

More dribbling going on.

RatherBNarizona 05-25-2007 07:34 PM

when i was looking at cars a couple months ago I always got those messages
it pissed me off because i really liked some of those trucks and cars
i searched autotrader instead

Mike001 05-25-2007 08:18 PM

I'm a Marine and thats no Marine talking there I guarantee that much. The only Marines there are on Embassy Duty and you can't have a family, you can't be married or anything like that there so that is a lie already, there no admin there because there is only MSG duty and there admin is remote probably Eurpean Command. But you can read that and see thats its a scam.

emills 05-25-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 85438)
But it would boost the ratings now wouldn't it?

Would almost make me watch the WNBA. Almost.... Now if the were nekkid too...... :D :eek:

Jeepluv07 05-25-2007 11:19 PM

Ive seen the same scam on ebay with ATVs all the time. I would love to find the people who actually fall for this. Im sure I could scrap up a thing or two to sell them.

Levinoss 05-26-2007 01:40 AM

I found my jeep on craiglists, I went to go see it and drive it and did a lot of research before I gave him the nice big check.

It sucks that there are so many scam artists.

~Lev

1BLKJP 05-26-2007 02:59 AM

Tiny,

Email him back and tell him that you will buy his jeep if he sends you a picture back of him with no shirt on and "Pony's are for Boys" painted across his chest. :D

activelydying 05-26-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 85635)
Tiny,

Email him back and tell him that you will buy his jeep if he sends you a picture back of him with no shirt on and "Pony's are for Boys" painted across his chest. :D

if he does this, should she send you the pics :flipoff:

Triple88a 05-26-2007 09:52 AM

when i sold my old car i had it on craigs list.. i got another scam like that.

it went something like that... currently i'm located in some country (forgot) but i have a friend in your area that owns me 7k dollars, i will just tell him to give you the money he owns me as a check. I trust you that you will take the 5k you're asking for your car and send the rest of the money back to me with the car. You can use some of the left over money to ship the car.

Adventurous 05-29-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple88a (Post 85691)
when i sold my old car i had it on craigs list.. i got another scam like that.

it went something like that... currently i'm located in some country (forgot) but i have a friend in your area that owns me 7k dollars, i will just tell him to give you the money he owns me as a check. I trust you that you will take the 5k you're asking for your car and send the rest of the money back to me with the car. You can use some of the left over money to ship the car.

Now that's a new one to me. I received offers to overpay to cover shipping but not in this form. You'll find scam artists no matter where you look. I ran across them in autotrader, cycletrader, craigslist and e-bay. There are people trying to scam you regardless of whether you're buying or selling. If you think the deal is too good to be true...it is. One guy told me that he was in London for work...I said...that's fine, I have friends there that are more than happy to look at the car for me. Never heard from him again.

Triple88a 05-29-2007 03:54 PM

what i hate the most is that from lies like those you get messed up and dont trust true and honest people that want to buy your car.. for me the guy that actually ended up buying the car.. he was from indiana.. he never looked at the car but was saying he will buy it.. i was scared to take his money man.. i felt like what if they are fake.. i sold my car on my bank's parking so i could add the money while he was there..

cavediverjc 05-29-2007 05:43 PM

MMMMMMMMMM........Tall blonde women..............
:)
:)

tiny terror 05-29-2007 05:47 PM

Tall women are overrated. :D

MouthfulOfGrass 05-29-2007 05:58 PM

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Triple88a 05-29-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 86427)
Tall women are overrated. :D

I rather go out with a shorter one ;) it feels better when she looks up to you :D

MouthfulOfGrass 05-29-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple88a (Post 86437)
I rather go out with a shorter one ;) it feels better when she looks up to you :D

:eek:

:D

tiny terror 05-29-2007 07:24 PM

MOG!!!! He means when they're dancing. DANCING!!!

Scout 05-29-2007 08:15 PM

I know what he meant. ;) :D

tiny terror 05-29-2007 08:54 PM

stop it stop it stop it!!!!

Triple88a 05-29-2007 08:54 PM

time to hijack the hijacked thread again.. what did i mean?..post your opinion :)

Triple88a 05-29-2007 10:03 PM

i will tell you in 24ish hours..