Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   RE 5.5 or RK 5.5 X Factor Plus (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/re-5-5-or-rk-5-5-x-factor-plus-83212.html)

tjike 03-05-2011 09:10 AM

RE 5.5 or RK 5.5 X Factor Plus

So everyone i am looking for a new lift and am stuck between these two. Did lots of research and dont plan to buy the lift until November. I have been told RE will come back into business but not sure so that is why i looked up RK. I have read both reviews and both seem to be excellent lift kits.I am leaning towards the RK lift kit. if you have either lift i would appreciate your input (pros and cons) thanks.

Jeepoffroad04 03-05-2011 09:58 AM

Rock krawler bust suspention ever. I thought rubicon express went out of business for while?

Sent from Iphone 4 using WF Access

tjike 03-05-2011 10:01 AM

Are u running the RK suspension? and ya RE is still out of business but heard they should be coming back

Jeepoffroad04 03-05-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02TJSport
Are u running the RK suspension? and ya RE is still out of business but heard they should be coming back

No but I have a buddie of mine thats runnin rk its crazy the amount if flex it has not so good on the street thought im running a skyjacker flex series and it has a better ride on the road. Hes got 37s under his with metalcloak fenders.

Sent from Iphone 4 using WF Access

tjike 03-05-2011 12:23 PM

Thats awesome what does he say about the highway driving? thanks for your replies

just4fun 03-05-2011 12:55 PM

My buddy has a 5.5 rk and loves it and he has a 1"bl to help clear his 37s. He has loves it he just don't like the sway bar disco which he plans on changing. Mine is a 6" rc long arm that I like just not the shocks and the cheap rubber bushings.

Elwood 03-05-2011 08:20 PM

You can't go wrong with RK. Top quality parts, great warranty and the ride, is very good on and off road. Bilstien shocks work well with the RK springs.

It is a heavy system, but absolutely bullet proof.

hound2005tj 03-05-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02TJSport (Post 1098098)
So everyone i am looking for a new lift and am stuck between these two. Did lots of research and dont plan to buy the lift until November. I have been told RE will come back into business but not sure so that is why i looked up RK. I have read both reviews and both seem to be excellent lift kits.I am leaning towards the RK lift kit. if you have either lift i would appreciate your input (pros and cons) thanks.

does this set up comes with a bumpstop? mine doesn't and wondering if i really need it my retailer said that since i'm running 33s i don't need to

Elwood 03-05-2011 08:31 PM

It would be close. After the install, if you do, it isn't a big deal to install bump stops.

tjike 03-05-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwood (Post 1099106)
You can't go wrong with RK. Top quality parts, great warranty and the ride, is very good on and off road. Bilstien shocks work well with the RK springs.

It is a heavy system, but absolutely bullet proof.

How long have you had this lift or do you know someone with this lift??? also does it sit higher than the actual 5.5?

Elwood 03-06-2011 09:45 PM

I had the 4" X-factor long arm on my last TJ. Had it for about 20k miles. As for the height, I have no idea. My 4" came in very close to 4 actual inches of lift.

tjike 03-07-2011 01:52 PM

Thank you guys for all the inputs I still have alot of research but this definetly helped me out alot.