Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Communications and Electronics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/)
-   -   Firefighter Blue Lights (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/firefighter-blue-lights-83271.html)

DKarge87 03-05-2011 04:39 PM

Firefighter Blue Lights

I am looking to get a new dash light to go in the Jeep and like this one Signal Mini Phantom Max Plus LED Dash Light with Cigar-Plug Pattern Selector - DL212 - Galls.com from Galls but I have the top off as much as I can and am wondering about weather resistance and placement. Any placement suggestions and options are all welcome

TexasLaw 03-05-2011 04:45 PM

Gals has just about anything you need. They make them small enough to fit in your console when not in use and the new LEDs are super bright

Jma20a 03-05-2011 06:44 PM

i would say to get a small set of LED lights to fit in the grill, my friend has a set in his grill facing the radiator and they look great and are very bright. if you have an after market headlight housings you can cut a small hole to wire a triple led light. everything will be out of sight.

Schitbrick3633 05-11-2011 03:08 AM

here's a few websites I like to use

www.extremetacticaldynamics.com

www.lshlights.net

www.swps.com

SirGeorgeKillian 05-12-2011 09:18 PM

+1 on grill mounted lights. Check for weather resistant lights too. I always leaned more towards having lights hard mounted. I liked to put them on the passenger side as well, close to the glass as possible with some stripping around the light sealing it against the glass. This makes it safer for night time responses or when your window is foggy on the inside....

shieldze1025 05-20-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasLaw (Post 1098744)
Gals has just about anything you need. They make them small enough to fit in your console when not in use and the new LEDs are super bright

+1 Galls is great, I've gotten all my emergency gear from them. Depending on your state's laws, I think doing grille lights and/or headlight/taillight strobes would be your best weather-proof option. You could buy the grilles LEDs and just mount them on your dash, too, then they'd be pretty weather-proof.

But in general, the phantom is the best light you can buy for the price, hands down. If you're curious about how weather proof it is, just give them a call.

kfdjason7620 05-20-2011 04:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
TIR 3's fit perfectly in between the tubes, tack welded 4 plates on the back to mount them

DKarge87 05-22-2011 01:35 PM

What do you have to do to wire in the grille lights? Just hook up to a switched 12V switch or need a controller.

kfdjason7620 05-22-2011 06:46 PM

Mine don't need a controller the just had to be wired together to be synchronized, and because they are led, don't need a relay because they use almost no power to operate

DKarge87 05-23-2011 04:58 PM

Price and a link please

Richd1963 05-23-2011 09:05 PM

Our fleet uses Whelen and they have a lot of options and control systems for lighting.:thumb:
Police Dash Lights

:wavey:
Whelen Engineering - Dash/ Deck/ Visor - Dash/ Deck/ Visor, Directional

513fire 09-10-2011 09:09 PM

i had 2 mini phantoms in my dash never had a prob with the weather but the flash back was killer like i couldn't drive with them on at night so if you do that be sure to get the surrounds or be prepared to make some (note i traded them with a buddy of mine to put hide a way strobes and i love them i did put my code 3 dash lazer back so its nosey again)

Jon M 09-10-2011 09:16 PM

I agree about Whelen. They have some nice new low profile LEDs that are weather proofed. Our fleet guy pulled one apart and all the internals are sealed. Just can't remember the model number...

flyboy367 08-09-2012 07:49 AM

i like that on the bumper. i have the smittybilt src front. nj says grill as long as not higher then headlights. i asked a few cop friends if the bumper was ok since the winch blocks the grill and i got blank stares. guess ill have to buy a set and see. i have a rotator if anyone has a big dash car or truck. wont fit in the jeep