Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   SOA Lift refresh (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/soa-lift-refresh-83363.html)

Rcordero 03-06-2011 09:55 AM

SOA Lift refresh
 
If I keep my jeep I will need to refresh the SOA the springs are flat and one has a bad bend. Questions cab I just use OEM springs or are there better springs out there also what size shocks are needed? Am I better off buying a lift kit?

Rcordero 03-07-2011 01:17 AM

Can anyone help?

myblack89yj 03-07-2011 01:23 AM

it all depends on what tire size your running right now and if you want to go up in size. me personally i have the SOA with 2.5 lift springs and now i dont like the ride. ive chosen to change back to OEM springs.

Rcordero 03-07-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myblack89yj
it all depends on what tire size your running right now and if you want to go up in size. me personally i have the SOA with 2.5 lift springs and now i dont like the ride. ive chosen to change back to OEM springs.

I bought the jeep with the lift so I assuming they are stock, jeep was not taken care of. I am running on 33's not to crazy, don't need to rock crawl or anything like that.

Rcordero 03-07-2011 01:16 PM

Any other thoughts?

Ibuildembig 03-07-2011 01:18 PM

Id say stockers unless you wanna go bigger. If you wanna do that, I would look into having some made. Most aftermarket springs are too stiff IMO

Rcordero 03-07-2011 02:57 PM

How do I know what size shocks to use.

Rcordero 03-08-2011 11:14 AM

Anyone?

Ibuildembig 03-08-2011 11:22 AM

Just measure the distance between mounting bolts and call a shock supply house and tell them...they can make a recommendation

Rcordero 03-08-2011 12:21 PM

Thanks.

Ibuildembig 03-08-2011 12:31 PM

or if your running stock springs on the SOA I can give you the part numbers I am using

Rcordero 03-08-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig
or if your running stock springs on the SOA I can give you the part numbers I am using

That would be great. I bought the jeep lifted already and they do look like stock. The welds on the perches look home made.

Ibuildembig 03-08-2011 12:50 PM

ok I will try to remember to get the numbers off the boxes tonight for you

Ibuildembig 03-09-2011 10:07 AM

Here's what I am using....Rough Country 8113 and 8170

alexace 03-09-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig
Just measure the distance between mounting bolts and call a shock supply house and tell them...they can make a recommendation

Is this supposed to be done with the old shocks on or off?

Ibuildembig 03-09-2011 01:10 PM

Really doesnt matter, if its lifted the stock shocks will be too short to reach.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.