Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/)
-   -   Las Vegas trail runs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/las-vegas-trail-runs-83712.html)

SirCanni 03-08-2011 02:06 PM

Las Vegas trail runs

Looking for people in vegas to do some trail runs with me. I live in northwest vegas and would like someone to wheel with.

Ratdaddy 03-20-2011 02:17 PM

I live on east side off Hollywood, I'm just getting into the Jeep thing. Let me know what and when. Thx Rick

SirCanni 03-21-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratdaddy
I live on east side off Hollywood, I'm just getting into the Jeep thing. Let me know what and when. Thx Rick

I'm gonna be doin wheelers pass soon which is a nice easy trail ride since my jeep is my dd right now don't wanna break anything but I'll let ya know when I plan on going

Ratdaddy 03-21-2011 09:33 PM

That's great and sounds fun, just let me know. My email is ratdaddy26@aol.com

LongShot 03-25-2011 05:02 PM

I went to do Wheelers pass about 6weeks ago and it was iced over. Me and these guys in new FJ had to turn around just about at the highest, or stepest point on the trail. It's prolly melted off alot by know. But I just thought you'd like to know.

JK Raptor 04-03-2011 04:12 PM

Hey does anyone actually have a trail map for up by wheeler? There are a ton of trails up there that would work for a dd trail run.
Thanks

SirCanni 04-03-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK Raptor
Hey does anyone actually have a trail map for up by wheeler? There are a ton of trails up there that would work for a dd trail run.
Thanks

You can look it up on gps or google

LongShot 04-04-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK Raptor (Post 1155599)
Thanks

There's about a 50/50 chance Im taking the quads out to the dry lake beds this weekend. I got a friend who wants to teach his boys how to ride.

But if we don't end up going, I'd show you the way thru wheelers pass. I don't have any maps wheelers pass, but its pretty easy to find your way through. My Jeep is my dd as well.

SirCanni 04-04-2011 03:18 PM

I would like to do wheelers this weekend if anyone is down. I've went through part of it on the cold creek side, but was by myself and turned around cause don't like the idea of breaking down in the middle of the mountain with no help.

LongShot 04-04-2011 06:34 PM

I think I can work it out to were I'd be able to do wheelers pass on Saturday. It would be good to make friends with some Jeep enthusiasts, because I usually just venture out solo when it comes to off roading. LOL my Jeep has never let me down. But that's putting alot of faith in something, when you are miles away from anyone.

Post Up, let's get a trail ride going!

gregaf3 04-12-2011 04:19 PM

I live in the northwest and just bought an 05 wrangler yesterday, once I get it all legal I would like to go out sometime. Yesterday we took it up 157 and just took some of the side roads for a bit, nothing too special until I get to give the jeep a good once over and get some trail tools

SirCanni 04-12-2011 06:58 PM

Well I'd like to start up a trail ride once a month. So if ya live in Vegas and wanna set up some local rides let me know. I like to have a good time and it would be fun to meet people with jeeps to go off roading with. Post up and let's here some ideas when we can get a meet on the weekends. We have some awesome weather ahead of us.

Ratdaddy 04-13-2011 12:11 AM

I'm in, let me know when... Thx

LongShot 04-13-2011 12:17 PM

I can Jeep it Up just about every other weekend. For now I'm kinda on a weird work schedule to were I'm On-Call every other weekend. As of right now, its working this weekend, available next weekend.

There's all kinds of cool places to Jeep around the Vegas Valley. Wheelers Pass, Mormon Trail, Apex, Nellis Dunes, Mt. Potosi, that short trail that goes behind the mountains out where everyone shoots along S Las Vegas blvd that leads back to Las Vegas or Henderson....and just about any power line road. I know there's tons of trail out here that I've never even heard of before.

LongShot 04-13-2011 02:28 PM

If we can make this first monthly trail ride on the 23rd or 24th of this month you can count me IN. Im game for just about any trail that not too rough on a daily driver jeep. I've got '06 Jeep, with a 3inch Teraflex lift and Im riding on 33inch Yokohama Geolander MT+. So my jeep climbs good and runs great. Im just looking to trail ride, nothing too extreme.

SirCanni 04-13-2011 07:51 PM

I'm definitely not doing anything hardcore. I have a 95 yj dd with a 4 inch lift and I'm stuck with 30 inch tires till I get back to work. 23rd or 24th sounds good, we can see what the weather will be like and figure it out. We can meet at mcdonalds at the 95 and Durango and hit wheelers pass.

Ratdaddy 04-14-2011 10:22 AM

I've got 97 TJ 4" teraflex on 33s it's not my dd but I'm not into tearing my stuff up. I'm in on some exploring and having a good time. I'm pretty sure I'm open that weekend, sounds real good.

LongShot 04-14-2011 06:06 PM

Sounds great! Looks like a good trail ride is coming together. I'll be ready to Go Sat or Sun, whatever works best for everyone. What time do you guys wanna meet up at McDonalds? 9am or 10am?

SirCanni 04-14-2011 07:30 PM

9 sounds good. Guess we'll see what day will have better weather. Doesn't matter to me what day to go.

SirCanni 04-14-2011 07:36 PM

I think the 23rd would be better actually since Sunday is Easter. I'll be bringing my wife also.

Ratdaddy 04-15-2011 12:02 AM

Yeah the 23rd is best for me also, 9am sounds good. Some sandwiches and ice chests and some dirt sounds good to me! Maybe we should all touch base with each other a week or so before? Just put my tube fenders on front and rear so I'm excited.....

SirCanni 04-16-2011 07:55 PM

Hey guys I just realized I have a birthday party I have to go to on the 23rd. So I won't be able to go wheeling. If you guys still go then we can do a different trail next month and I'll make sure that i'm free. Let me know when you guys are free for next month and we'll set something up.

LongShot 04-18-2011 12:10 PM

SirCanni - Bummer that you can't make it. Im sure we can do another trail next month, or even Wheeler again.

Yeah Im still gonna do Wheelers Pass on the 23rd. My girlfriends birthday happens to be the 23rd and she's excited about doing a little jeeping on her Birthday. Last time we tried to do Wheelers Pass we had to turn back due to ice, we're looking forward to making it all the way thru the pass this time. So Rick, we'll be at that McDonald's at 9am on Sat the 23rd if you can make it.

Btw my name is Kelly and as mentioned I'll have my gf Roberta with me. We like getting out off road and exploring new locations.

gregaf3 04-18-2011 03:28 PM

I want to go, but my wife is running a 5k that morning and I am stuck with 2 toddlers, I live close to the mcdonalds, so I will try to make it there by then. If not there is always next time.

SirCanni 04-18-2011 03:50 PM

I'm gonna stop by mcdonald's to meet you guys. And maybe we can set up another ride. Wish I could go this time, but it looks like we have alot of jeepers around to have some fun over the summer. My name is Eric and hope to see ya there.

Ratdaddy 04-18-2011 11:01 PM

Ok, I'll be there at 9am, I'll try and bring a couple friends also, see you guys there...

gregaf3 04-19-2011 11:32 AM

I might try to make mcdonalds too to meet a few of you guys. my wifes run starts at 8 all the way down at unlv, so I would not be able to hit the trail until around 10 if I was able to go.

I need to get my bushings all squared away and finish changing all of my fluids before I go on any longer trails anyways

Ratdaddy 04-19-2011 10:08 PM

Well I'm sure we could wait till 10am if that helps you out. I have to be headed back between 4 and 5pm. So let us know.....

LongShot 04-20-2011 10:19 AM

Greg waiting until 10am is no big deal. Just post up and let us know man.

Ratdaddy 04-21-2011 05:48 PM

So I guess we are meeting at 9am? I will be in SoCal tomorrow all day so I'll check the message board when I get in. Or if you guys could email me if things change. Ratdaddy26@aol.com thx