Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Good Evening (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/good-evening-8389.html)

vin211 05-29-2007 06:25 PM

Good Evening

Hey Everyone,

Hello to everyone! How's it going? I joined the forum to learn more about Wrangler's obviously. I wanted expert advice and I think I came to the right spot. :)

Anywho, I wanted to buy a Jeep Wrangler and I was wondering if you guys/gals can give me advice on what to look for or any other advice you can give me.

I have found a couple of used Wranglers in the area with both hard and soft tops. How easy are they to swap out? It is summer time and I would like to use the convertible top...you know to pick up the ladies.

But anyways, I am glad to be here. Any information you can provide for me about ANYTHING, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

A1C Vinnie
USAF

AzTJ 05-29-2007 06:44 PM

Welcome aboard Vinnie!

What all do you plan on doing with the Jeep? Just a recreational vehicle or some serious wheelin'? I'd deffinatly go for a hard top when looking at a Wrangler. YOu can always pic up a soft top cheap... but hard tops are like $500/600+ used and $1k new... but if you don't have a place to store the hard top when its off a soft top would be just as fine. And it would prolly be best to try and find on with a 6cyl over the 4cyl.

4.0l sahara 05-29-2007 06:56 PM

:D welcome!!!
I would look for one with the 4.0l i6 not the 4. Look for rust wranglers can get rusty if in a snowy location.:eek:

ol'bob 05-29-2007 09:49 PM

Hello and welcome aboard. You made a good choice as you will find some solid advise here.

Dare2BSquare 05-29-2007 11:05 PM

Yo, Vin-nie. Welcome to the forum. Jeeps are not airworthy. In fact kind of like driving a refrigerator. But they sure are fun and they do attract the butterflies. Thanks for serving and hangin with us.

vin211 05-29-2007 11:17 PM

thanks

Hey Guys,

Thanks for welcoming me abored. I agree I've driven the Laredo's for years and they have good handling, almost like the hummers lol.

Anyways, I agree with getting a 6cyl engine, the extra power is always a good idea especially on a stick shift.

I've been looking at a couple of Wranglers some of which come with both the soft and hard tops. I've got a big garage to hold the hard top.

Does anyone have any experience switching the tops? I hear from some folks its a snap but others say it takes a couple of hours. Totally worth it?

I decided to go with the Wrangler after owning a convertible in the past. I test drove the Dodge Caliber (I know I'm sorry, you can beat me later) and it was an alright machine.

Thanks for the welcome yall,

Vin

Texapple 05-30-2007 12:43 AM

welcome to WF - good luck in your search.....opinions will be forth coming :D

amy 05-30-2007 10:54 PM

Hi, Vinnie. Welcome to WF. :D

Joe Dirt 05-31-2007 04:57 AM

I'd stay with the 4.0 liter engine and a Dana 44 rear axle.

RatherBNarizona 05-31-2007 12:23 PM

welcome to WF!
about the hard top and soft top, personally I like my soft top, but thats because i live in Arizona where it is always hot and never rains or snows so I dont have to keep taking off my top and putting it back on.
just my thought