Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Japan earthquake (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/japan-earthquake-84130.html)

RatherBNarizona 03-11-2011 02:38 AM

Japan earthquake

Anyone seeing this right now?
I was watching it live. So weird to watch a tsunami live from across the world. Hope all is alright over there, the videos are pretty crazy.
An 8.9 is nuts.

blkrubi88 03-11-2011 03:40 AM

I turned the TV on and that's what was on. My thoughts and prayers are with all those that are effected!

castorj29 03-11-2011 05:47 AM

So sad.......I think mother nature is reclaiming her earth.....what do you think. There is alot of stuff happening around the world right now. Better get prepared.

skeeter 03-11-2011 07:06 AM

Been watching most of the night. Japan is in really bad shape. The live footage of the tsunami was heart breaking, watching entire towns and people trying to flee the incoming wave being swept away really shows how small we really are.
Prayers for all those affected.
According to reports so far all our people and assets are safe but Japan itself is going to take years to recover from this.

ortizml86 03-11-2011 07:09 AM

I still have a bunch of friends still stationed out there from when I left.
After the quake they've had 46 aftershocks that were above 5.0 almost everyone was within 3 minutes of eachother.

ortizml86 03-11-2011 07:10 AM

But they have started evacuations over in Hawaii as well in case of possible tsunamis

Mr. Sinister 03-11-2011 07:12 AM

castorj29 might be on to something. Lots of bad stuff happening in the past decade or so.
Prayers for our friends in Japan.

castorj29 03-11-2011 08:05 AM

Hawaii's volcano just erupted, along with a new eruption in South East Asia.Earth quack in Japan,and China. What the hell is next?

nick50471 03-11-2011 08:18 AM

Obama will be re-elected.

ortizml86 03-11-2011 08:20 AM

:speechless-smiley:

99Wrangler4x4 03-11-2011 08:21 AM

I heard about it and saw it on Google. Keep em in your prayers everybody.

skeeter 03-11-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castorj29 (Post 1110645)
Hawaii's volcano just erupted, along with a new eruption in South East Asia.Earth quack in Japan,and China. What the hell is next?

It has absolutely nothing to do with the moon being at it's closest point in many years putting extra tension on fault lines and such...

Lunar perigee: 'Supermoon' may cause weather chaos on Earth next week | Mail Online

skeeter 03-11-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 1110672)
Obama will be re-elected.

Considering his administrations abysmal performance with events lately, that is becoming less sure...

castorj29 03-11-2011 01:05 PM

I wonder where the jet stream is going to carry all that radiation being released into the air. I guess the west coast will find out soon enough...........hmmmmmm..............

G54 03-11-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 1110721)
Considering his administrations abysmal performance with events lately, that is becoming less sure...

It was reported on a local radio station that during his condolences to Japan he offered our assistance and stated that our relationship with them is "unshakable". Hmmm...maybe not the best choice of words following an 8.9 earthquake.

Bazzer 03-12-2011 08:54 AM

Absolutley devastating what has happened in Japan. I feel so sorry for those that have lost their loved ones, their homes and their livelihood.

Reports we are hearing is that Radiation is being contained from the Nuclear Power Plants despite an explosion that occured at the Fukashima Power Plant. Being a Nuclear Power Plant engineer myself, I know this disaster is in the best possible hands of the Japanesse.

jcf 03-12-2011 09:02 AM

Tragic, the extent of the damage will have a huge impact on Japan. The nuclear plant is not looking so good thats for sure so could be big problems in their future.
Sending good thoughts to anyone who has loved ones there

Dockman4 03-12-2011 12:33 PM

Got a phone call in the middle of the night. My son's a U.S. Marine, stationed in Okinawa, called to say they had survived the earthquake and were waiting on the tsunami, and he'd call us back after that. 12 hours and no word. Just news coverage of the devastation. Finally we got the phone call he was o.k...along with all the rest of the men and women over there. Tense time. But they're all good. Now, he and his buddies are looking forward to helping out the poor people whose lives are being devastated. Thank God for our men and women in uniform.

ortizml86 03-12-2011 12:36 PM

I'm grateful to know there are people still out there that still support us! Makes me happy to serve my country:punk:

Dockman4 03-12-2011 12:44 PM

I'll ALWAYS support you guys.

AdrenalineJunky45 03-12-2011 11:38 PM

also another thanxs from overseas! My ? is how much do yall think gas will cost here when i get back to the states in june, its redunculous the price a gas!!!!!

Ted_D 03-13-2011 11:34 AM

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-03-12/w...ke?_s=PM:WORLD

JIMBOX 03-13-2011 12:38 PM

:eek: Yea, this is really terrible, especially the reactors that are in trouble, but

I've been watching it on/off since it happened and there's something that hasen't even been mentiomed on all the news factions--

Based on the dangers of ionizing radiation and all th immenent contamination-grass/plants/water and the thyroid dangers-there's been no mention of what Japan went thru in WW11-

Heroshima/Nagasaki, I can just immagine all the japanese old-timers going "OH NO-Here we go again", but

Not one word on TV--you think it's because it's not POLITICALLY CORRECT to broach the subject ??

It's a jungle out there !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Walkingstick 03-13-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX
:eek: Yea, this is really terrible, especially the reactors that are in trouble, but

I've been watching it on/off since it happened and there's something that hasen't even been mentiomed on all the news factions--

Based on the dangers of ionizing radiation and all th immenent contamination-grass/plants/water and the thyroid dangers-there's been no mention of what Japan went thru in WW11-

Heroshima/Nagasaki, I can just immagine all the japanese old-timers going "OH NO-Here we go again", but

Not one word on TV--you think it's because it's not POLITICALLY CORRECT to broach the subject ??

The #1 reactor blew. Reactors 2 and 3 have cooling systems that are completely screwed. It's FUBAR.

Ageless Stranger 03-13-2011 01:07 PM

I haven't been watching the news. I need to check this out.

pokey 03-13-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 1114227)

What happened in WWII has no relevance to what is going on in Japan right now, so why would it be brought up ?

Japan learned a hard lesson in WWII and takes responsibility for the end result. They're now a self proclaimed pacifist nation. They have no nuclear arms stockpile.

Having said that, give it time, the mindless talking heads will bring it up sooner or later.

OsageJeep 03-13-2011 01:28 PM

Maybe it's just me but I think mother nature is fighting back. When a person gets sick your body gets a fever to fight off the infection and I feel like we are an infection to earth with all of our pollution and littering and what not. Earth has started fighting back, trying to kill off the infection or at least get it under control. I feel deeply for the Japanese. I have friends from college from Japan and they are in my prayers.

Walkingstick 03-13-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger
I haven't been watching the news. I need to check this out.

The nuclear fall out is worse than Chernobyl. From the time he news was posted, the radioactive dust will hit the pacific coast of the USA.

pokey 03-13-2011 02:05 PM

Hmmm...Anyone know how long it'll take me to drive the jeep from Cal to Florida :confused::eek::speechless-smiley:

Walkingstick 03-13-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokey
Hmmm...Anyone know how long it'll take me to drive the jeep from Cal to Florida :confused::eek::speechless-smiley:

1 day