Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Never jeeping again.........J/K (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/never-jeeping-again-j-k-84314.html)

ColdSRT 03-12-2011 04:11 PM

Never jeeping again.........J/K
 
I might not do anything again. I'm writing this from my phone while sitting on my just delivered lazy boy reclining sofa. Now I know what heaven feels like.

I'm just kidding about not going jeeping again but I tell you I'm having a hard time getting my big butt off the damn couch. I've had a bad back for years and sitting often causes me issues. I do ok in the jeep but this is money right here.

Honestly the only thing that could pry me out of this leather covered cloud would be the weather warming up so I can go get some "other" seat time. If I'm not in the jeep you know where I'll be. Haha.

Zetsumei 03-12-2011 04:12 PM

Why don't you mount that as your driver seat in your Jeep? I'm sure that'd be sweet :)

ColdSRT 03-12-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsumei
Why don't you mount that as your driver seat in your Jeep? I'm sure that'd be sweet :)

Don't tempt me. It's a hair wide for that but it does separate into three chairs for easy moving.

Zetsumei 03-12-2011 04:17 PM

I'm sure you could get a recliner in a Jeep as the driver seat... Sounds like an interesting project lol.

JIMBOX 03-12-2011 04:23 PM

;) You've gotta bad back huh?


Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdSRT (Post 1113057)
Don't tempt me. It's a hair wide for that but it does separate into three chairs for easy moving.

Does your drivers seat have heighth/angle/recline adjustments--

If my Rubis' didn't, I'd have trouble driving mine '08 JKU-I'm 6'4"++ and after spending a lotta hours in mine-my backs AOK !!

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Oh, forgot--Lumbar adj also !

ColdSRT 03-12-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsumei
I'm sure you could get a recliner in a Jeep as the driver seat... Sounds like an interesting project lol.

Yeah but my buddies would laugh me right off the trail. If I had a recliner in the jeep I would really never leave it.

ColdSRT 03-12-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX
;) You've gotta bad back huh?

Does your drivers seat have heighth/angle/recline adjustments--

If my Rubis' didn't, I'd have trouble driving mine '08 JKU-I'm 6'4"++ and after spending a lotta hours in mine-my backs AOK !!

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Oh, forgot--Lumbar adj also !

I do have all those adjustments. Like I said the jeep I do fine in for hours on end even on rough trails. The dead pedal actually helps a lot too. There are some cars and trucks I can't drive for 20 minutes without being in pain.

JDsDream 03-12-2011 04:57 PM

Be careful with those leather recliners. My ex had an allergy to them. Every time his a$$ touched them, his eyes swelled shut.

ColdSRT 03-12-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream
Be careful with those leather recliners. My ex had an allergy to them. Every time his a$$ touched them, his eyes swelled shut.

That's some funny stuff right there.

Phil05LJ 03-12-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream
Be careful with those leather recliners. My ex had an allergy to them. Every time his a$$ touched them, his eyes swelled shut.

I have this problem too. I'm glad to know it's just an allergy, in fact, I feel it come on right now...

InfernoGirl 03-12-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdSRT (Post 1113077)
Yeah but my buddies would laugh me right off the trail. If I had a recliner in the jeep I would really never leave it.

LOL! I had a friend in high school that had a recliner in the back of his van.. It was awesome at the drive in..... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 1113110)
Be careful with those leather recliners. My ex had an allergy to them. Every time his a$$ touched them, his eyes swelled shut.

:rofl: Sounds like a common problem....

bekkiss 03-12-2011 10:50 PM

I'm having shoulder surgery next Friday and my doc suggested I buy a recliner. I knew that if I did that I would not be in a huge rush to rehab. I love recliners.

Phil05LJ 03-12-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekkiss (Post 1113595)
I'm having shoulder surgery next Friday and my doc suggested I buy a recliner. I knew that if I did that I would not be in a huge rush to rehab. I love recliners.

Some R&R may be the best thing after surgery, so buy a cloth recliner and you'll be fine, it's the leather ones that cause the eye lid allergy, especially when their warm :). Good luck with your surgery, I hope it goes well for you.:thumb:

ColdSRT 03-13-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekkiss
I'm having shoulder surgery next Friday and my doc suggested I buy a recliner. I knew that if I did that I would not be in a huge rush to rehab. I love recliners.

I wish I had this bad boy when I had ankle surgery. Would have made life easier. Good luck on a fast recovery. Stay away from the 12 gauge for awhile.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.