Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Has anyone installed a headlight dimmer switch on the floor? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/has-anyone-installed-a-headlight-dimmer-switch-on-the-floor-84502.html)

MLaborde 03-13-2011 10:18 PM

Has anyone installed a headlight dimmer switch on the floor?
 
I used to love the dimmer switch being foot operated in my older cars. Has anyone ever installed a 2nd dimmer switch on the floor? I would want to keep the hand switch also.

Possible? How?

MLaborde 03-14-2011 10:37 AM

Nobody has installed a foot switch as a dual switch?

meyers 03-14-2011 10:59 AM

It would be pretty simple just wire it inline with the high beam circuit. I know you can by the generic foot switches, usually right in the parts stores in the "HELP" parts line section

shrubeck 03-14-2011 04:26 PM

Be the first to do it. Take pictures, and do a writeup. Wiring it so both the foot switch and hand switch control the lights will take a little figuring. Just make sure you only have one beam on at a time.

BladeMechanical 03-14-2011 04:47 PM

Actually, I have a foot switch I found in my dad's garage, still in bag. I've thought of using it for some auxilliary lights on my bumper or engine theft switch but never as a dimmer. Laters,

MLaborde 03-14-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrubeck (Post 1116369)
Be the first to do it. Take pictures, and do a writeup. Wiring it so both the foot switch and hand switch control the lights will take a little figuring. Just make sure you only have one beam on at a time.


I am the anti-electrician. I can't even plug in a lamp without getting shocked & starting a fire. That's why I was asking who had tried it before. :D

dbbd1 03-14-2011 08:20 PM

Nice thought. Yeah, keep the high beams "on" at the stalk then control them from the footswitch. I may have to look into this. I will post what I come up with.

MLaborde 03-14-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbbd1 (Post 1116912)
Nice thought. Yeah, keep the high beams "on" at the stalk then control them from the footswitch. I may have to look into this. I will post what I come up with.


Yep. I was thinking that I'd use the floor switch unless I was shifting at the time & needed a foot on the clutch then I'd just use the stalk.

I was even thinking about placing it on the side of the footwell rather than the floor & hitting it with the side of my left foot. It could go anywhere, really.

monkeee2002 03-15-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLaborde (Post 1116927)
Yep. I was thinking that I'd use the floor switch unless I was shifting at the time & needed a foot on the clutch then I'd just use the stalk.

I was even thinking about placing it on the side of the footwell rather than the floor & hitting it with the side of my left foot. It could go anywhere, really.

You could mount it on the dash, and give it a smack whenever you need high beams:D

j/k. I have often wished various vehicles I've had still went with the floor switch for high/low beams, but never really did anything about it. I'll be watching this thread!:popcorn:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.