Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Possible brief tops or bikini tops (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/possible-brief-tops-or-bikini-tops-84589.html)

redz1 03-14-2011 02:54 PM

Possible brief tops or bikini tops
 
The main reason I never take my soft top off is because Florida has completely unpredictable weather. Combine that with unruly drunk college students (I live right off of my campus), and you have the perfect mixture to destroy a car overnight. And it seems pointless sometimes to take the roof off for just a couple hours.

I'm mainly looking for something I can strap on (possibly on the roll bars) at the end of the day without completely removing my soft-top from the car (I'd like to keep it in a boot).

Everything Ive searched so far shows up a top that requires you to completely remove the soft-top from the car, unless Im misunderstanding.

redz1 03-14-2011 03:56 PM

I guess what I'm saying in short is...

I'm looking for something like a brief top or bikini top that doesn't require you to change the header (windshield channel), so I can just strap it on when I lower my soft-top (and vise-versa).

Grog 03-14-2011 03:59 PM

Check out the Trektop NX. The side and rear windows are removeable, leaving you with a bikini top.

Also any top with a sunrider feature allows you to fold back the top over the driver and passenger easily.

Any well designed top will allow you to go topless easily (vice versa)

mgola27 03-14-2011 04:00 PM

I think you might be looking for a spiderweb shade. They stay on under the soft top so you can raise and lower easily.

I'm planning on picking on up for the upcoming topless season as well.

Good luck.

redz1 03-14-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grog (Post 1116329)
Check out the Trektop NX. The side and rear windows are removeable, leaving you with a bikini top.

Also any top with a sunrider feature allows you to fold back the top over the driver and passenger easily.

Any well designed top will allow you to go topless easily (vice versa)

I dont think you understand what I mean. I have a sunrider soft top, but I want a bikini top to pull over my car when the soft-top is down. All of the bestop bikini tops require you to remove all of the stock soft-top hardware... You can't have both installed at the same time.


Quote:

Originally Posted by mgola27 (Post 1116330)
I think you might be looking for a spiderweb shade. They stay on under the soft top so you can raise and lower easily.

I'm planning on picking on up for the upcoming topless season as well.

Good luck.

Exactly what I'm looking for!!... Just not a spiderweb (i'd prefer a solid material to cover the roof), because Florida has unpredictable rain showers throughout the day.

seadog 03-14-2011 04:11 PM

Very popular in my area of FL. Sun can be brutal.

Wrangler Accessories, Jeep Top, Wrangler Top

seadog 03-14-2011 04:14 PM

Ahh... Bestop makes one called a Trail Top that I'm interested in.

Bestop 81040-09 - Bestop® All Weather Trail Cover in Charcoal for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

For overnight parking, and while i'm inside at work. Plus, the spiderweb will fit underneath it.

mgola27 03-14-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redz1
Exactly what I'm looking for!!... Just not a spiderweb (i'd prefer a solid material to cover the roof), because Florida has unpredictable rain showers throughout the day.

Ahhh, the Spiderweb really only gives you uv/debris protection.

Not so much for the rain.

Sorry.

redz1 03-14-2011 04:47 PM

The Bestop Trailtop seems like a hassle to put on for what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a quick 30 second pull over for when my top is down.
The spiderweb is exactly the concept I was looking for, I just don't want mesh.
Dirty Dog seems more of what I'm looking for because it fits nicer, but is pretty expensive for the 2 peices.

seadog 03-14-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redz1 (Post 1116396)
I'm looking for a quick 30 second pull over for when my top is down.
The spiderweb is exactly the concept I was looking for, I just don't want mesh.

I'm not aware of any like that, but I'm new to this thing called Jeeps. I have been looking at different tops. I will be looking at the Bestop Trektop NX when it finally hits the streets, but I'll wait for other folks to work out the bugs. I'm only looking short-term until then.

redz1 03-14-2011 05:17 PM

Here's a question for those that got the Bestop bikini...
Can you still fasten your soft-top with the Bestop bikini header attached, or does it get in the way? I'm thinking if I can just leave the header attached, then its easy to swap back and forth without disconnecting any pieces.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.