Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Louisiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/)
-   -   Mechanic in my area (Louisiana)?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/mechanic-in-my-area-louisiana-84738.html)

Jrdavidson 03-15-2011 10:33 AM

Mechanic in my area (Louisiana)??

I have an 89 YJ with 4.2 6 cylinder. I want to put fuel injection on it. I'm wondering if I buy the kit if there is a mechanic close by that I can pay to install for me. I live in Baton Rouge, but am willing to bring to someone who can do this kind of work.

Thanks

jrussblues 05-11-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrdavidson
I have an 89 YJ with 4.2 6 cylinder. I want to put fuel injection on it. I'm wondering if I buy the kit if there is a mechanic close by that I can pay to install for me. I live in Baton Rouge, but am willing to bring to someone who can do this kind of work.

Thanks

Check out searchers 4wd in prairieville. If its a jeep they can do it. Phil and mark are very helpful.

Danger_us 06-11-2011 07:17 AM

Hello. Jrussblues can u recommend a mechanic in new Orleans? I just got my jeep on thurs and am clueless

jrussblues 06-11-2011 12:52 PM

I don't know any shops in new orleans. What are you looking to do?

Danger_us 06-12-2011 06:44 AM

I want to have my wrangler checked out. I got it from Bergeron jeep thurs and I just don't get good vibes from them.
A friend also got her jeep compass from there and we both agree they kinda treated us like dumb girls, which we are not!
(If reversed, I could run circles around them talking about my line of profession, IF I wanted to be a dick)
I also need some bigger tires. I have an 06 se and the standard wrangler tires on currently are embarrassing. My jeep is cool until u see the tires! I guess I need suv/light truck tires...I won't be going off road, unless u count the streets in Nola still not fixed after katrina

jrussblues 06-12-2011 11:59 AM

Well, I recommend searchers in prairieville. If youre looking for a cheap set of tires/rims im selling my set of factory alloys and 31 1050 km2's. The tires have about 1k miles on them. Shoot me a pm if you're interested. Searchers is great for upgrades and general jeep info. Also only about 1hr from new orleans. For general stuff there is a lot of great info on this forum. Im a strong believer in fixing what I can myself.

Danger_us 06-13-2011 07:14 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look at what I have on the jeep now and see exactly what I'm looking for. My tires look little and thin. I dont want huge tires, just something that looks better.
Ur tires/rims are 15' right?

jrussblues 06-13-2011 07:18 AM

Ill send a pic. 31's are the same diameter tires as what came on the rubicons. I have 2" of lift but they are about as big as you can go with no lift.

jrussblues 06-13-2011 07:29 AM

The first 4 pics should give you an idea of how a 31 looks. If you have no lift, imagine the tire 2" closer to the wheel wells. The last pic is why I took off the 31's. I ended up doing one mod that caused a chain reaction of mods to fix problems caused by the first mod, which ended up getting me a body lift, which ended up getting 33's, about a month after I bought the 31's...hindsight :-(

WYTM 93 07-20-2011 01:22 AM

The Law..

Jruss, I think that what you are describing is a good example of "The Law of Unintended Consequences".... From what little I know so far " It's 'a Jeep thing"... Once you start changing things.... :D
"roll on"
Charlie

geaux 12-09-2011 07:09 PM

Better late than never I guess... Steves 4x4 in Harahan or Elmwood, I'm not sure what you'd call it. Either way he's a half a block off River Road on Plantation. He's great. He doesn't sell tires though. But I'm guessing you've bought those by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger_us (Post 1299681)
I want to have my wrangler checked out. I got it from Bergeron jeep thurs and I just don't get good vibes from them.
A friend also got her jeep compass from there and we both agree they kinda treated us like dumb girls, which we are not!
(If reversed, I could run circles around them talking about my line of profession, IF I wanted to be a dick)
I also need some bigger tires. I have an 06 se and the standard wrangler tires on currently are embarrassing. My jeep is cool until u see the tires! I guess I need suv/light truck tires...I won't be going off road, unless u count the streets in Nola still not fixed after katrina