Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Removable roof rack for 4DR 2011 Rubicon (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/removable-roof-rack-for-4dr-2011-rubicon-85011.html)

ChuckF 03-16-2011 08:02 PM

Removable roof rack for 4DR 2011 Rubicon
 
Hey all,

I'm looking for a roof rack for my 2011 4DR Rubicon. I'd like one that can be fairly easily taken completely on and off as I need it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chuck

BADBOY-RUBICON 03-16-2011 09:15 PM

How much weight do you need to carry? This one will add 150lbs to your rack room storage.

HighRock 4X4™ Overhead Rack with Universal Rack Tray for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

But I've decided to go w/ one that is installed directly onto the hard top and gives me around 700lbs of additional storage. It also gives me handles to grab to take the hardtop off.

Off Camber Fabrications 130717 - Off Camber Fabrications JK Roof Rack System for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimied JK 4 Door with 3 Piece Freedom Top™ - Quadratec

JIMBOX 03-16-2011 09:33 PM

:whistling: Good luck, unless you've some estimated complete dates from MBRP in Canada, the previous JKU racks (07 thru10) WON'T work !!


Quote:

Originally Posted by BADBOY-RUBICON (Post 1121519)
How much weight do you need to carry? This one will add 150lbs to your rack room storage.

HighRock 4X4™ Overhead Rack with Universal Rack Tray for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

But I've decided to go w/ one that is installed directly onto the hard top and gives me around 700lbs of additional storage. It also gives me handles to grab to take the hardtop off.

Off Camber Fabrications 130717 - Off Camber Fabrications JK Roof Rack System for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimied JK 4 Door with 3 Piece Freedom Top™ - Quadratec

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

BADBOY-RUBICON 03-17-2011 05:27 AM

You can even put your freedom tops on it.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...32-add1-lg.jpg


:dance:

BADBOY-RUBICON 03-17-2011 05:39 AM

Here is the cargo basket

Off Camber Fabrications Cargo Basket for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door with Modular Roof Rack - Acme Jeep Parts


http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r.../117431-lg.jpg

ChuckF 03-17-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADBOY-RUBICON (Post 1121519)
How much weight do you need to carry? This one will add 150lbs to your rack room storage.

HighRock 4X4™ Overhead Rack with Universal Rack Tray for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

But I've decided to go w/ one that is installed directly onto the hard top and gives me around 700lbs of additional storage. It also gives me handles to grab to take the hardtop off.

Off Camber Fabrications 130717 - Off Camber Fabrications JK Roof Rack System for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimied JK 4 Door with 3 Piece Freedom Top™ - Quadratec

BADBOY-RUBI: Thanks for the info. I do like the Off Camber rack, but, it does not seem to be easily removable. I have a very low garage door, so, I can just about get my Rubi in as it is, so, I need a rack I can put on only when I need it. So...I think the HighRock rack may work better in my situation.

QUESTION: It seems like the HighRock rack connects to a rail system on the side of the Jeep. I assume that means the entire system can be taken on and off fairly easily leaving just the rail on the Jeep when the rack is not on. Is that right? Thanks for your input!!

ChuckF 03-17-2011 06:27 AM

Good point, Jimbo...I'll look out for the 2011s. Thanks!

JIMBOX 03-17-2011 08:06 AM

:D You guys probably don't knowit, but I've had that same rack (Prototype) from MBRP.com (Canada) for two years now and


Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckF (Post 1122079)
BADBOY-RUBI: Thanks for the info. I do like the Off Camber rack, but, it does not seem to be easily removable. I have a very low garage door, so, I can just about get my Rubi in as it is, so, I need a rack I can put on only when I need it. So...I think the HighRock rack may work better in my situation.

QUESTION: It seems like the HighRock rack connects to a rail system on the side of the Jeep. I assume that means the entire system can be taken on and off fairly easily leaving just the rail on the Jeep when the rack is not on. Is that right? Thanks for your input!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckF (Post 1122080)
Good point, Jimbo...I'll look out for the 2011s. Thanks!

It's extremely strong (support 700++lbs), but

------IT'S NOT REMOVABLE-----

That baby stays with the hardtop and makes the hardtop removal --super easy-

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/PICT0099.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...i/PICT0107.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...Rubi/001-6.jpg

It'll also support a RTT

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...i/DSCF0555.jpg

Just remember, you can't transfer one from a 2007/8/9/10--to the 2011, just won't work-

It's a wonderful top, but if you want to use a rack when your tops off--WRONG RACK !

Good luck-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

JPWheelin 03-17-2011 08:11 AM

That high rock rack looks pretty handy.

...a quick release lever for easy slide on installation and removal.

Sounds like you could just slide it on and off when you need it.

What kind of stuff are you hauling? Do you have a trailer hitch? You could also consider one of those cargo baskets that goes into the receiver...or of course a trailer. Specialty trailers like bike and kayak trailers are ridonkulously expensive IMO...but you can pick up a utility trailer fairly reasonably.

ChuckF 03-17-2011 07:45 PM

Thanks all!! I think the HighRock rack with a trailer hitch cargo carrier will do it...

richie894 03-17-2011 08:08 PM

If you have no trailer hitch you can attach the highrock rack to a bracket attached to the spare wheel carrier.

HighRock 4x4™ Tailgate Rack Bracket with Universal Rack Tray for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

ChuckF 03-17-2011 08:14 PM

Richie...that sounds good. I'm thinking a trailer hitch carrier, the HR Tailgate Bracket and HR Roof Rack will do me until I get bigger garage doors and can fit in a bigger permanent roof rack ;-) Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.