Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   coil spacers or not? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/coil-spacers-or-not-86027.html)

Salman 03-23-2011 12:38 AM

coil spacers or not?

I was wondering wether or not i should install coil spring spacers on my 98 wrangler. Has anyone installed them before? are they safe? are there any risks i shoud look into ?? Anything would help! thanks a looot! :)

-Sal

Wrangler06 03-23-2011 01:00 AM

not really much risk, just dont go over 2"..and youll need longer shocks if you wheel it much, what size tires are you lookin at?

Salman 03-23-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler06 (Post 1133172)
not really much risk, just dont go over 2"..and youll need longer shocks if you wheel it much, what size tires are you lookin at?

I've been looking in to the 31's .. what do u think ?? and if i do get the coil spacers, where should i get them from ??

thanks a lot

BLEGAN 03-23-2011 04:47 PM

quadratec is really good for offroad parts. 4x4.. anything like that.

Cons_Table 03-23-2011 04:50 PM

Most coil spacers are the same. Like Wrangler06 said, you should invest in new longer shocks if you plan on wheeling much. You should probably get a kit that has bumpstop extensions as well.

Wrangler06 03-24-2011 01:51 AM

dont think youd need bumpstops if you only runnin 31s..i run 31s and 2.5 suspension lift no exteneded bumpstops and its just fine, shocks travel well and dont bottom out or anything..but some could be different i guess...and yea as CONS TABLE said, all the actually spacers are pretty much the same..

jonrjen 03-24-2011 06:22 AM

I purchased my spacers off of Ebay. This sellers only offers spacers made out of delrin not poly. The poly can give settle over time, where as the delrin properties do not allow this to happen. The other nice thing about the delrin spacers is that should you want to install a 2" lift in the front, simply install the spacer. If you want a lesser lift in the rear say to take out the natural rake (factory suspension sits lower in the front) of the Jeep you can cut the spacer down to allow for doing such.

Cons_Table 03-24-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler06 (Post 1135161)
dont think youd need bumpstops if you only runnin 31s..i run 31s and 2.5 suspension lift no exteneded bumpstops and its just fine, shocks travel well and dont bottom out or anything..but some could be different i guess...and yea as CONS TABLE said, all the actually spacers are pretty much the same..

Make sure that when you flex though that your shock isnt what is stopping your flex. Say for instance, you are stuffed on the passenger side, your driver side is gonna extend. If your shocks are not the correct length, you may have uptravel left on the passenger side, but your driver side may not be able to extend any more, resulting in the shock limiting travel rather than a bumpstop stopping your shocks before they are maxed out.

JIMBOX 03-24-2011 09:13 AM

:whistling: I used RC 2.5/2" spacers, cause they're galv/painted steel and they won't settle-

$99 bucks -KEWL

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Salman 03-25-2011 01:29 AM

Thank you all! :)

kjeeper10 03-25-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX
:whistling: I used RC 2.5/2" spacers, cause they're galv/painted steel and they won't settle-

$99 bucks -KEWL

Steel, huh... I wonder why most are not made is steal. How are they so far?

I have had mine (plastic) installed for over 4 yrs and they are holding up great.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access

JIMBOX 03-25-2011 07:39 AM

:) Never know that they're there !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1137159)
Steel, huh... I wonder why most are not made is steal. How are they so far?

I have had mine (plastic) installed for over 4 yrs and they are holding up great.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access

Wrangler06 03-27-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 1135428)
Make sure that when you flex though that your shock isnt what is stopping your flex. Say for instance, you are stuffed on the passenger side, your driver side is gonna extend. If your shocks are not the correct length, you may have uptravel left on the passenger side, but your driver side may not be able to extend any more, resulting in the shock limiting travel rather than a bumpstop stopping your shocks before they are maxed out.

havent had a chance to completely flex out yet, but just from a little flex they look fine, but will have to wait till i can really test it out, been busy with school and work and havent gotten to wheel much except muddin which is gettin old, takes to long to clean :banghead:

AppleRock 04-06-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 1135455)

$99 bucks -KEWL

Do you mean you have the RC 2.5" Springs in front and 2" BB spacers in the rear?

$99 for what exactly? Springs? Spacers?

Just wondering.... :whistling: