Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rocker Guards Info/Rec? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rocker-guards-info-rec-86556.html)

TjFee 03-26-2011 09:40 PM

Rocker Guards Info/Rec?
 
Hey guys.. Im looking for any good deals on Rocker guards with rock sliders welded on and if anyone knows a good site for them?

I really like the looks of the XRC Rocker guards but i dont like the price.. Do you get what you pay for and what is the recommended Thickness for them?

I would also like to know if it is an easy installation. i know it requires drilling but is it a 1 man or 2 man job?

I appreciate your guys help..

cru9 03-26-2011 09:52 PM

A to Z Fab. Just bought some and installed and LOVE them

Phil05LJ 03-26-2011 09:59 PM

I recently looked into light weight options but didn't have any luck. However, Brooks Custom Concepts quoted me a sweet price on some super heavy duty tub mounted sliders. He mostly sells on eBay, you might want to check it out.

TjFee 03-26-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cru9 (Post 1140158)
A to Z Fab. Just bought some and installed and LOVE them

Where did you get them from?

TjFee 03-26-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil05LJ (Post 1140168)
I recently looked into light weight options but didn't have any luck. However, Brooks Custom Concepts quoted me a sweet price on some super heavy duty tub mounted sliders. He mostly sells on eBay, you might want to check it out.

Just searched.. by chance do you have a link to his Ebay store?

:facepalm:

IndyJeepMan 03-26-2011 10:05 PM

If you can get the steel, then have someone bend it 90 degrees you can cut your own and prolly get away for $120.. for both! I bought mine homemade from a Jeeper here in town.

TjFee 03-26-2011 10:09 PM

Just Bought.. he really did have a good deal..

Brook's Custom Concepts items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ 97-06 HD ROCK RAILS rocker guards - eBay (item 120501537646 end time Mar-28-11 15:57:32 PDT)

Thanks guys i really appreciate it.. this is exactly what i was looking for..

IndyJeepMan 03-26-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjFee (Post 1140193)
Just Bought.. he really did have a good deal..

Brook's Custom Concepts items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ 97-06 HD ROCK RAILS rocker guards - eBay (item 120501537646 end time Mar-28-11 15:57:32 PDT)

Thanks guys i really appreciate it.. this is exactly what i was looking for..

Those do look really good, and will be strong being 1/4 But its kind of funny he is dissing on 3/16th inch steel rockers... You couldn't dent up 3/16th if you wanted to, theres a reason almost any armor is made of 3/16th. But whatever, yours will be very strong but will weight a ton! Good purchase though, post up pictures :)

Phil05LJ 03-26-2011 10:21 PM

:thumb: Don't forget about those pics when you get them on.

TjFee 03-26-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyJeepMan (Post 1140198)
Those do look really good, and will be strong being 1/4 But its kind of funny he is dissing on 3/16th inch steel rockers... You couldn't dent up 3/16th if you wanted to, theres a reason almost any armor is made of 3/16th. But whatever, yours will be very strong but will weight a ton! Good purchase though, post up pictures :)

Shipping weight is 60 Lbs.. lol

Plus weight isnt really a issue for me.. i do light wheeling and i might see a rock or 2 :whistling: lol but thanks for you help man.

And i will post Install thread asap!

:D im excited now.. lol

IndyJeepMan 03-26-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjFee (Post 1140256)
Shipping weight is 60 Lbs.. lol

Plus weight isnt really a issue for me.. i do light wheeling and i might see a rock or 2 :whistling: lol but thanks for you help man.

And i will post Install thread asap!

:D im excited now.. lol

Mine are in the garage drying from their first coat of paint! I feel your pain :thumb:

2000TJ. 03-26-2011 10:51 PM

Looking forward to that thread. This thread turned me on to his work on ebay and I love it, The bumper pack might be a next buy for me.

TjFee 03-26-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyJeepMan (Post 1140284)
Mine are in the garage drying from their first coat of paint! I feel your pain :thumb:


Are you using a Bed liner or paint?

My uncle works at Rhino Lining in Minneapolis MN should i have him coat them?

jonrjen 03-27-2011 06:50 AM

You'll be very pleased with BCC products. Brook does a real nice piece of work, and his customer service is exceptional. I have his sliders and windshield frame guard/ light bar combination set-up. Both very nice. I painted mine with good ole simple Rustolem paint so that they will be easy to touch up should the need arise. Now if I could have gotten a bargain price on Rhino lining sprayed on, it would have been a great way to go, but as it is my Rustolem satin black looks just fine.

cru9 03-27-2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjFee (Post 1140169)
Where did you get them from?

You can buy them direct from them

cru9 03-27-2011 07:04 AM

AtoZ Fabrication...Made In the USA

Martinez_Coins 03-27-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjFee (Post 1140193)
Just Bought.. he really did have a good deal..

Brook's Custom Concepts items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ 97-06 HD ROCK RAILS rocker guards - eBay (item 120501537646 end time Mar-28-11 15:57:32 PDT)

Thanks guys i really appreciate it.. this is exactly what i was looking for..

I just installed some from this guy two weeks ago, I like them. My only problem was they did not come up quite high enough to cover the rivet holes from the Sahara panels but I just plugged the holes and plan on painting an black stripe up the side to about an inch over where the rails go, I think it will blend in nicely after that. I had him make mine WW2WW and an inch higher than his standard rails. Only paid $170 plus shipping and spent about $20 on rustoleum bed liner spray.

http://www.riverratz.net/RiverRatz/i...Installed1.jpg

jonrjen 03-27-2011 11:16 AM

You could always plug the holes with plastic push in button plugs available from any hardware store of auto parts house. Would also give a finished look with out the paint process. Just a thought.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.