Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   New York Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f98/)
-   -   Looking for new jeep buddies (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f98/looking-for-new-jeep-buddies-86897.html)

Chewyskoal 03-29-2011 12:45 AM

Looking for new jeep buddies

Hey everyone, I'm Jimmy and I'm a new Jeep owner. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JK 4-Door. I absolutely love it. I'm in Suffolk County and I'm just reaching out to see if theres any clubs or any get togethers that people just hang out at, show off the jeeps, have some beers, laugh, and just share good times. Im looking to meet a bunch of jeep people because id really like to get involved with everything. Id also be willing to take a trip to nassau to BS with new friends. I work island wide so i know how to get everywhere.

Greenman 04-04-2011 09:56 PM

What's up man, my name's mike and I'm also new to the jeep world. I've wanted a jeep since high school and I just got my 2 door sport at the end of february. I'm in suffolk as well and I just found out about the long island off road club. I think their website is liorc.com. I'm like you in that I'm really eager to learn all there is to know about these amazing vehicles. Waiting on uncle Sam's check so i can dump most of it into the precious. Where in Suffolk are you?

Greenman 04-04-2011 10:00 PM

I was way off. It's www.liorclub.org/

Irongrave 04-05-2011 07:09 AM

LIOR is good people they do a lot with land use and have access to some private land in CT to go out and play on

Greenman 04-05-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave
LIOR is good people they do a lot with land use and have access to some private land in CT to go out and play on

That sounds great. Are you from the area as well? There seems to be a lack of wheeling spots on LI, but only due to the fact that everything is illegal around here.

Irongrave 04-05-2011 06:17 PM

I'm from just north of the city have a lot of wheeling friends on long island and helping a buddy build a truggy in Bellport. so I'm on the island a good amount

Greenman 04-06-2011 06:07 PM

Very nice. Do you know of a good place in the tri-state area that has some decent beginner trails? I'm not looking to traverse any boulders...yet.

Irongrave 04-06-2011 07:47 PM

I take my rig to Rausch Creek park in PA when i want to go wheeling its a haul from this area but I make a weekend out of it. They have everything there from easy to stupid

Greenman 04-06-2011 08:40 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out. Is it an organized setting, with people who work there who can assist? Or is it just a huge wilderness with some trail markers?

Irongrave 04-06-2011 08:57 PM

organized its like $35 for the day need to have 2 rigs to rid there aka a buddy with a jeep

Greenman 04-06-2011 09:12 PM

Sweet! My buddy has an FJ, I'll look forward to battling him on the trails. Whoever gets stuck first buys the beer

Trunz150 04-13-2011 07:42 AM

there is a place in suffolk...pm me if you wanna go

fjannan 04-13-2011 06:53 PM

Hi guys... i just joined to forum yesterday and love it so far.. it's a great way to meet other Wrangler buddies... i just posted my first post. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/new...tro-89247.html those pic's were taking on Long Island.. i work in Suffolk btw..

Let me know guys if you're up to something..

Later..

F.J

Greenman 04-13-2011 08:42 PM

Welcome to the forum brotha. I'm pretty wet behind the ears myself, but I'm loving the forum so far. You can learn a lot just by talking to more experienced jeepers. Us long islanders gotta stick together!

Irongrave 04-13-2011 08:50 PM

This summer you guys are more then welcome to come out to PA and wheel with me. I'm still learning my new rig so i wont be doing anything too crazy

Greenman 04-13-2011 09:22 PM

Thanks iron, I'd love to help organize a trip to rausch. Are there any other good spots by you?

Irongrave 04-13-2011 09:25 PM

nadda around here thats why mine looks like this most of the time
http://stillwater-photoworks.smugmug...15_M2BsU-L.jpg

Greenman 04-13-2011 09:38 PM

Damn, she's a beast dude. And I mean that in a good way. What are you running on her?

Irongrave 04-13-2011 09:42 PM

as far as what.

Greenman 04-13-2011 10:00 PM

Sorry, tires. I'm in the market for some and I've been picking everyone's brain.

Irongrave 04-13-2011 10:07 PM

its on Pitbull rockers little much for a DD rig. for a DD rig KM2s or durra tracks are good wheeling tires and not bad on the street

Greenman 04-13-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave
its on Pitbull rockers little much for a DD rig. for a DD rig KM2s or durra tracks are good wheeling tires and not bad on the street

Yeah I've heard very good things about the Duratracs. I'm also seriously considering Mickey Thompson mtzs based on a lot of good reviews from some other folks on the forum. Did u keep the same size wheel when u got your tires? I have 17" wheels and I'm thinking of dropping down an inch or two cause the tires are so much cheaper for the smaller wheels.

fjannan 04-14-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenman
Welcome to the forum brotha. I'm pretty wet behind the ears myself, but I'm loving the forum so far. You can learn a lot just by talking to more experienced jeepers. Us long islanders gotta stick together!

Thanks dude... But yes, for sure we should have a meet soon. Just as an intro at least. :)

Greenman 04-14-2011 07:22 PM

For sure. I'm trying to get something together one of these weeks. Maybe a little jeep chat over some beers. Got a couple o people down already. I have to make sure that at least one person there actually knows what they're talking about so someone can answer all my noob questions

Chewyskoal 04-15-2011 01:16 AM

Hey everyone sorry I haven't gotten back to this post...for the people here that are interested in getting together over some beers and just talk jeep and future plans and such let me know! I live in suffolk...smithtown to be exact...I work for national grid so I have a rotating schedule...sometimes I have off weekends and sometimes I don't but I work 7-330 and I'm usually home by 4ish...this should help with the time frame and ill throw some of my days off on here too once I see my new schedule...hope to hear from you all again soon

Greenman 04-15-2011 03:41 PM

Good deal. Weekends are good for me. And anything after 6pm during the week.

fjannan 04-16-2011 08:40 AM

Sounds good to me too. How about a Sun around 4? I work in Setauket but willing to meet up anywhere. Good company, good convo, and beer is all we need :)

Greenman 04-17-2011 10:35 AM

Sundays at four is a good time for me. I'll spread the word around and see if other people would want to meet up too. Then we can all settle on a specific date

sickboy98tj 04-18-2011 12:12 PM

Hey, I know I posted this in other threads but get in touch with Long Island Off Road. Those guys are pretty active and great people. They know a lot of great riding spots and just Jeep knowledge in general. They also take weekend wheeling trips. They were up my way this weekend, about an hour east of the Albany Area in western MA. Some of my club members got to wheel with them. Hope this helps.

Irongrave 04-18-2011 07:45 PM

LIOR is good people A Nissan club I was in partnered up with them for some events and such.