Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Builders Corner (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/)
-   -   The Evolution of " Apocalypse " 2000 Tj (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/the-evolution-of-apocalypse-2000-tj-87175.html)

Merle Swaggard 03-30-2011 07:56 PM

The Evolution of " Apocalypse " 2000 Tj

5 Attachment(s)
I wanted to share my build up and Mods. 2000 Tj 4.0 98k miles.

I started with this 2 coil spring spacers with 31 inch tires.
Previous Owner must have put this on and it had a 1 inch BL

Not knowing any better and wanting it to be lifted I added a 3 inch body lift yuck!! Let me tell all you fellas thinking about going over 2 inch body lift don't do it its so ugly and gives you false lift and all sorts or problems.

I graduated to 33 inch tires to look at the comparison!! I added smittybilt stinger and some black paint this bad boy is gonna be black on black on Black!!

Zetsumei 03-30-2011 08:04 PM

Wow nice jeep! Finally, someone with black canyons! How'd you paint those canyons black?

Merle Swaggard 03-30-2011 08:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is with 33 inch tires 3 inch body lift yuck again 2 inch Budget boost!

couple of wheeling pics.

My jeep performed well wheeling without disconnects however I fried my alternator hitting the Mud Holes way too hard!!

Last pic Compared to the Jeep beside me I was pretty level He has 4 inch suspension

Merle Swaggard 03-30-2011 08:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsumei (Post 1148460)
Wow nice jeep! Finally, someone with black canyons! How'd you paint those canyons black?

Hey thank you for the compliment. I used Wheel paint from Autozone. Just cleaned them very well and did light coats they actually looked like gun metal up close very cool looking I sold them and used money for 33's. The paint held up very well!

Zetsumei 03-30-2011 08:09 PM

Wheel paint... Sweet. I'll PM you my questions, don't want to hijack! Nice pics of a muddy jeep as well. :thumb:

Merle Swaggard 03-30-2011 08:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok here I installed a Rubicon Express 4.5 superflex removed the coil spacers up front and custom made a Transfer Case drop kit.

First few pics are RE 4.5 just installed on front and 2 BB on back not too bad off level.

Last pic is front and back installed. 7.5 worth of lift on 33's looked goofy to me so I wanted to take body lift off asap

Also painted soft top black with Vinyl and fabric paint turned out great

Merle Swaggard 03-30-2011 09:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok first few pics here shows the Rubicon Express superflex 4.5 and with 3 inch body lift. Looked too darn goofy for me. So the last couple pics show 1 body inch.

I will be adding a MML this week and then see if I can take off the TC Drop. I have the SYE kit and Tom woods drive shaft on my shopping list.

I run Teraflex adjustable control Arms and I will be installing Ironman4x4 upper front and rear arms with Johnny Joints. I still do not have disconnects yet so no flex pics but I am looking forward to checking my flex with the add-ons.

GoldenSahara00 03-30-2011 09:43 PM

That looks good man. I want to get my BL soon, but I just ordered my suspension lift so I gota take this one step at a time, haha. looks really good, the superflex lift looks great. and I bet you got more than 4.5, they usually run higher. did you check?

Merle Swaggard 03-30-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1148712)
That looks good man. I want to get my BL soon, but I just ordered my suspension lift so I gota take this one step at a time, haha. looks really good, the superflex lift looks great. and I bet you got more than 4.5, they usually run higher. did you check?

thank you sir! What lift did you go with?
Yeah the 1 inch body lift looks great I would never go over 1 inch now.

I did a lot of measurements before lift and I got serious gains with the superflex. With the 3 inch body lift and 4.5 RE lift I had 10 inches of gap from bottom of fender to top of my tire it was Rediculous!!!

I got OVER 5 inches with just the lift alone weather it settles down or not is a good guess. I also got very lucky with the kit. I scored it off Craigslist for a whopping 250 dollars only thing was missing was extended brake lines (which only yielded 2 measly inches and I plan on longer lengths) and control arms hence the teraflex arms. That kit was a steal !!! it was my dream kit I think its a great height it just was not in my budget at full price and who knows if Rubicon Express will sale again.

I hear there is a mod you can do to bring your fuel tank up higher with a body lift I am gonna research that I really like the look of a jeep with a good lift and a Tight rear end with minimal gaps!!

GoldenSahara00 03-30-2011 11:45 PM

3 inch zone, this will be my first lift and I dont have the funds for something as nice as RE right now, years down the road I plan on going a little bigger. Yea I think I will settle with the 1.25 BL :)

Haha wow 10 inches is ridiculous your right, dang. and I just hate you for getting the kit that cheap... holy crap.

very nice! yea I am going to look at the whole tummy tuck and all that sometime, but I have about 100 mods on my list, Im just gona get this lift done first hahahah.

Merle Swaggard 04-05-2011 07:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok installed Currie Heavy duty 1" Motor mount lift. Glad I installed this!!!

One of my stock motor mounts had two cracks in it and was 75% on the way to completely coming apart. This was kinda tricky being by myself and needing to be under and above the hood at the same time. I did it but it was magic how I pulled that off. I also flushed out my Radiator it was horrible. Rust mud you name it. Went with Zerex Go5. Should be good for a while.

Pics of the broke stock mounts below

DerekM 04-05-2011 10:50 PM

Nice work! All black mmmmmm bit***n!

Merle Swaggard 04-06-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekM (Post 1160263)
Nice work! All black mmmmmm bit***n!

Thank you I really like your jeep a lot!

Airborneguy 04-06-2011 06:31 PM

You stole my name! :)

If you are interested, look at the decal I got. I got it on eBay and am very happy with it. I can't tell you how many people have asked me what options the Apocalypse version comes with.

Merle Swaggard 04-06-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airborneguy (Post 1162158)
You stole my name! :)

If you are interested, look at the decal I got. I got it on eBay and am very happy with it. I can't tell you how many people have asked me what options the Apocalypse version comes with.

Really !! You have good taste in names!! You have a Apocalypse decal?

Cool I plan on making this thing live up to the name

Airborneguy 04-06-2011 08:17 PM

You can see it really well on my Jeep Profile page. The letters are slightly thicker than the stock ones Jeep uses, but its barely noticeable.