Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   NC: used spider gears from Dana 30 - FREE (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/used-spider-gears-from-dana-30-free-87355.html)

Eck 03-31-2011 08:21 PM

used spider gears from Dana 30 - FREE

Put a spartan locker in my front diff and have the old spider gears left over.

If anyone needs some, let me know...

Pulled from 1993 YJ Dana 30 with 4.10 gears and axle disconnect.

Eck 03-31-2011 08:38 PM

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/...ket_26800_.jpg

Red00Tj 04-03-2011 10:56 PM

i could definitly use them how much to ship to 92557? please pm me

Wish_Master_3 04-05-2011 09:30 AM

how hard was it to install the front locker and do you have a rear locker in? does can you tell it when your driving? i know your can in the rear people say or only when its in 4wd and how do you like it have you got to use it?

Eck 04-08-2011 03:34 PM

Since I've got the posilok front axle disconnect, I don't see any effects of having a locker in the front.

When I go off roading, I'll toss the t-case in 4hi and it will engage the driver side front. When I reach something that needs all the wheels kicking, I'll pull the posilok cable and engage both front wheels... like a poor man's selectable locker...

I did buy a locker for the rear, but I ordered the wrong one... the front locker was easy to put in. Pull the cover, hubs axles. The the carrier. Remove the ring gear. Slide the pin out remove the spider gears. Install the locker. And reassemble the axle. Easier than it sounds.

The rear is even easier than that. Pull the cover remove the c-clips and slide the axles a little bit out. The remove spider gears with carrier in the housing then reassemble. And yeah I'm gonna lock a c-clip dana 35 and use blowing an axle as an excuse to step up to a 44 or an 8.8...

Wish_Master_3 04-12-2011 07:11 AM

lol yea always a good way break something and just say well i might as well go ahead and get this lol im always doing it with my wife lol but scared one day shell actually catch on but its ok

And you say the posilock front axle is this something you put in or come factory? i mean i got an 05 SE so pretty sure mine comes with the very few basic but would like a locker but you say something about engaging one tire then pulling a switch and having all wheel lock? (details please)

1990wrangler 04-12-2011 09:30 AM

How much shipped to 11950, and you have front and rear ? Pm

1990wrangler 04-12-2011 09:32 AM

One more question my wifes flying down there to Greensboro I know it's an hr away what would be the price if you could meet up half way thanks

Eck 04-12-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wish_Master_3 (Post 1173589)
lol yea always a good way break something and just say well i might as well go ahead and get this lol im always doing it with my wife lol but scared one day shell actually catch on but its ok

And you say the posilock front axle is this something you put in or come factory? i mean i got an 05 SE so pretty sure mine comes with the very few basic but would like a locker but you say something about engaging one tire then pulling a switch and having all wheel lock? (details please)

So of all the genious things Jeep did while switching from the CJ to the YJ, they put a central axle disconnect (CAD) system in the YJ dana 30's. This was a vacuum advance actuator the pulled a vac from the intake manifold through the transfercase to the front axle. Cold mornings, old vacuum tubes, etc wouldn't allow your front axle to engage the four wheel drive.

To fix this, you could install a PosiLok shifted (which was a manual cable that engages the 4WD), or a homemade spring kit that keeps the axle fully engaged, or install some TJ axle shafts.

As I went ahead and bought the PosiLok before investigating all the options, I went with the most expensive route.

If you're drivig a TJ, don't worry about the CAD. And a locker might not be the best option. A limited slip or selectable locker (that acts like a limited slip when not engaged) would be better...

Eck 04-12-2011 01:10 PM

1990Wrangler, see PM.

Red00tj, I don't think these will fit your front axle as I believe the spider gears changed size in 1994...