Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   JJUSA 24st Ouray, Co - Sept 15-17, 2011 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/jjusa-24st-ouray-co-sept-15-17-2011-a-87852.html)

n2jeepn 04-04-2011 01:46 PM

JJUSA 24st Ouray, Co - Sept 15-17, 2011
 
JJUSA is having the 24st Jeep Jamboree in Ouray Colorado Sept 15-17, 2011. The crew that runs this Jamboree is well known for putting a great well organize, and fun Jamboree for all that attends. Some of us (trail Guides) get there a day or so early and run the trails. Sometime we stay a few days after. If youíre a Wrangle Forum Member and you sign up for Ouray, you can meet up with us and get a few extra days of trail runs in.

Go to the JJUSA web site http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/ and sign up before it gets full. See you there.
Mark: Vancouver, Washington

topher38 04-04-2011 01:50 PM

i was looking into that trip last week. i was wondering though on age limit for driving on the trails up there and the age limit to camp for the jamboree up there. i am 17 and i have my license and some experience on trails. i would like too know if i would be able to drive tho since my birthday is in november and an adult. please help

n2jeepn 04-04-2011 02:43 PM

I would contact JJUSA regarding if your can sign up. As far as your skills and Wrangler, your would have fun and no problems on the trails. If you can sign up you can meet up with us before the Jamboree and we will make sure you are set to go and at least you would know what to expect for the Jamboree.

For questions about registration please contact Joelle at 530.333.4777 X18 or register@jeepjam.com.

topher38 04-04-2011 03:27 PM

Ok sounds good I'll probably get on the jeep jamboree website today or tomorrow and send another email since no one replied the first time

n2jeepn 05-05-2011 09:33 AM

Did JJUSA get back to you? If not contact erin@jeepjam.com she is the contact person for Ouray. I talked to her today at Arch Canyon.

topher38 05-05-2011 03:40 PM

Yes they did a couple of weeks ago

topher38 05-06-2011 12:02 AM

is there a way to reserve a spot but keep it on like a rain check? im going through chemo right now and i should be done by the end of june and i would love to take this trip but i want to make sure that i am physically able to go. before i fully commit to it. but at the same time i dont want to fill up all the spots so someone else cant go

n2jeepn 05-13-2011 09:34 AM

Topher38,
Talk to Erin at JJUSA and explain your situation. I'm sure she will work with you. Ouray has not ever sold out that I know of. ;-)

Owen_TJ 05-14-2011 12:41 AM

I might look into this as well...gonna get a few other things goin on the jeep and we'll see where i stand by the time the jamboree hits!

n2jeepn 05-16-2011 02:04 PM

Hope to see you there, I did send you a pt message regarding the event.

jcf 05-17-2011 12:16 AM

I am considering this trip, going over to the site now to have a look

Owen_TJ 05-17-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2jeepn (Post 1242947)
Hope to see you there, I did send you a pt message regarding the event.

Thanks for the PM...i hope to make this work and hope to be there as well!

topher38 05-17-2011 01:55 AM

i know your prolly gonna say ask erin on this q but i give it a shot. what trails do you guys normally run while your up there. do you do it as a group or do you go on your own?

n2jeepn 05-18-2011 11:48 AM

We run as a group with each group having two trail guides.

TRAIL DESCRIPTIONS
Now offering Poughkeepsie Gulch!
The Ouray Jeep Jamboree offers up to six trails for
your selection, depending on the total number of
participants: the Imogene Pass/Last Dollar Road trail,
the Yankee Boy Basin/Governorís Basin trail, the
California Pass trail via Corkscrew Gulch and Mineral
Point, the Placer Gulch/Picayne Gulch trail, the Ophir
Pass/Imogene Pass trail, and the Poughkeepsie Gulch
trail. Both the California Pass trail and Placer
Gulch/Picayne Gulch trails stop for lunch at Animas
Forks.

n2jeepn 05-18-2011 11:49 AM

http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/trips/itinerary/ouray.pdf

topher38 05-18-2011 12:51 PM

Oh I never saw those on the website. But thank you

n2jeepn 07-18-2011 05:50 PM

jcf are you going to make Ouray and go wheeling with us?

n2jeepn 09-05-2011 07:50 PM

JJUSA Event and Black Bear Pass Run
 
5 Attachment(s)
JJUSA Event is just around the corner, we are also doing a Black Bear Pass run on Sept 14th, 2011.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2jeepn (Post 1157121)
JJUSA is having the 24st Jeep Jamboree in Ouray Colorado Sept 15-17, 2011. The crew that runs this Jamboree is well known for putting a great well organize, and fun Jamboree for all that attends. Some of us (trail Guides) get there a day or so early and run the trails. Sometime we stay a few days after. If youíre a Wrangle Forum Member and you sign up for Ouray, you can meet up with us and get a few extra days of trail runs in.

Go to the JJUSA web site http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/ and sign up before it gets full. See you there.
Mark: Vancouver, Washington


Silverton34 09-06-2011 02:54 PM

If I can get past just one more scheduling issue I will be joining you in Ouray. I have been looking forward to seeing this area for a long time and I have a new 2012 Rubicon Unlimited that is longing for it's first trail.

n2jeepn 09-07-2011 10:24 AM

It is a fun place. Hope you can make it and join us on Black Bear.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverton34 (Post 1544676)
If I can get past just one more scheduling issue I will be joining you in Ouray. I have been looking forward to seeing this area for a long time and I have a new 2012 Rubicon Unlimited that is longing for it's first trail.


Silverton34 09-07-2011 08:10 PM

Well, looks like I am going. Black Bear gives me the willys though. Is it worse than Schaefers Switchbacks in Moab?

n2jeepn 09-09-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverton34 (Post 1549469)
Well, looks like I am going. Black Bear gives me the willys though. Is it worse than Schaefers Switchbacks in Moab?

LOL, you will do fine on Black Bear. If you did Schaefers Switchbacks in Moab, you can do Black Bear. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark

Colo-TJ 09-10-2011 12:52 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to register online but it is now by phone only. Wish me luck, I'll try in the AM

topher38 09-10-2011 01:38 AM

woulda loved to be able to go this year but ran into some problems with the jeep. :nonono: maybe next year ill make it out there if you guys come back this way.

n2jeepn 09-10-2011 06:42 AM

Call JJUSA you can sign up by phone. We run Black Bear Pass on Wed if you arrive by then. Looking forward to meet you, you will have fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colo-TJ (Post 1556557)
Thanks for the heads up. I tried to register online but it is now by phone only. Wish me luck, I'll try in the AM


Silverton34 09-12-2011 09:45 AM

So how many Jeeps are signed up so far?

jcf 09-12-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2jeepn (Post 1389142)
jcf are you going to make Ouray and go wheeling with us?

Just saw this post, no not going to get there as hubby can't take the time off but will try to make it next time

Silverton34 09-12-2011 09:08 PM

So is anything going on Thursday? I think I will hit town around noon.

n2jeepn 10-11-2011 09:06 PM

Jeep Jamboree in Ouray, Colorado HD Video - YouTube


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.