Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pictures Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/)
-   -   Rare in the UK (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/rare-in-the-uk-89329.html)

hearselover 04-14-2011 04:02 AM

Rare in the UK
 
This must be rare in the UK but are there many around in the US.

Ash

http://www.dur.ac.uk/ashley.holmes/f...postaljeep.jpg

steve040oz 04-14-2011 04:15 AM

Looks like an american postal jeep wonder how it got overseas? All american post office jeeps are right hand drive anyway since we drive on the right side of the road makes it easier to reach the mailbox.

hearselover 04-14-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve040oz (Post 1178086)
Looks like an american postal jeep wonder how it got overseas? All american post office jeeps are right hand drive anyway since we drive on the right side of the road makes it easier to reach the mailbox.

Cool, the right hand drive bit didn't even occur to me. Didn't manage to catch the owner but its local so will see it again and get the story hopefully.

Ash

IRCKevin 04-22-2011 01:32 PM

Rare!!! More like unique. Jeeps are rare. In four months of ownership I've only seen 2 JKs and that's it.

30-284 04-22-2011 05:51 PM

A lot of the delivery jeeps were also only 2 wheel drive if not all of them, at least here in So Cal.

Donn

AKYJ 04-22-2011 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 30-284 (Post 1195383)
a lot of the delivery jeeps were also only 2 wheel drive if not all of them, at least here in so cal.

Donn

Brother in laws 4wd DJ postal jeep:thumb:
Attachment 46368

But anyways it would be cool to hear the story about it..

Northwest4x4 04-23-2011 12:46 AM

My post office still uses them! haha they are so rad.

AzTJ 04-23-2011 01:14 AM

DJ's are pretty cool. Seen a few turning into cruisers.

jkaufman_95 04-23-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRCKevin
Rare!!! More like unique. Jeeps are rare. In four months of ownership I've only seen 2 JKs and that's it.

Where do you live??? The middle of the desert??? Seriously. Two?
Anyway back on topic
Looks like a nice dj.

IRCKevin 04-23-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkaufman_95 (Post 1196238)
Where do you live??? The middle of the desert??? Seriously. Two?
Anyway back on topic
Looks like a nice dj.

U.K. Very few Wrangler type Jeeps about unless you live in a rural area near one of the dealerships (and they're becoming harder to find too). Land Rover Defenders however, are everywhere.

jkaufman_95 04-23-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRCKevin

U.K. Very few Wrangler type Jeeps about unless you live in a rural area near one of the dealerships (and they're becoming harder to find too). Land Rover Defenders however, are everywhere.

Hm that sucks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.