Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Camping with my Jeep themed trailer!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/camping-with-my-jeep-themed-trailer-89388.html)

dman19 04-14-2011 04:42 PM

Camping with my Jeep themed trailer!!!

I love my Jeep and I love camping and I got the coolest trailer to pull behind the jeep. Check out their website, this is a must have for a camping fanatic who still wants their Jeep to go along with them! Little Guy Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop Camper Trailer

NHrubicon 04-14-2011 05:04 PM

We pull an older Coleman popup that weighs in at 300# less, sleeps 6, has plenty of storage and two pullout double size beds...this little guy would be nice if it weighed in at less than 1000#!

dman19 04-14-2011 06:09 PM

Little Guy

true it does weigh a little more and that was surprising to me too, but they said it weighs more because of the features. It is on a 2x3 steel frame with a skid plate covering the bottom and huge jeep themed tires protected by straight fenders. It does weigh a little more, but I wanted something to go along with my Jeep and something that could go over anything. I went through their corporate headquarters and talked to Dillon, he gave me a good deal and walked me through the whole process. This is their office number, ask for him and he can help you out...877-545-4897

cavediverjc 04-14-2011 08:39 PM

Is YOUR name Dillon?

dman19 04-15-2011 01:21 AM

no, my name is John. My username on here is dman but that's because my last name starts with a D so friends just gave me the nickname dman.

Chewy1959 04-15-2011 05:51 AM

haha, I was going to ask the same thing. Looks nice but for me 1500# is a bit much to pull behind my Jeep

cavediverjc 04-15-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dman19 (Post 1179753)
no, my name is John. My username on here is dman but that's because my last name starts with a D so friends just gave me the nickname dman.

Gotcha. Welcome to the forum, dman. :thumb:

dman19 04-15-2011 12:04 PM

Yeah it weighs more than most but I got the smaller one that weighs 1,400. It was worth it for me, but I think I'm just obsessed with camping :cool:

deathphoenix99 04-15-2011 12:13 PM

Yea, that's pretty sweet. Be good for those that like to travel old access roads etc...

Chewy1959 04-15-2011 09:14 PM

I can understand, I kind of lean towards the pup tent and sleeping bags...welcome to the forum

wat3rdog 09-29-2012 11:34 AM

How long is the inside bed? I'm 6'4" and haven't found one for sale here in Albuquerque to physically look at. Everything I have found online I have liked and I'm very curious about teardrops. Is that model fairly roomy inside and how to you like the kitchen set up?

wat3rdog 09-29-2012 11:43 AM

Looked it up on the comp and it looks pretty roomy. We have those mattresses for the kids and I fit on those just fine. Cool

wat3rdog 11-11-2012 04:15 PM

Pics?

WatchThis! 11-18-2012 02:17 PM

Pics would be nice

Dexter9367 11-22-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wat3rdog
How long is the inside bed? I'm 6'4" and haven't found one for sale here in Albuquerque to physically look at. Everything I have found online I have liked and I'm very curious about teardrops. Is that model fairly roomy inside and how to you like the kitchen set up?

I live in Indiana and went to a dealer in Kokomo to see one in person. I thought they might be a little claustrophobic . I am only 6'0" , but there was quite a bit of room inside. It is not like trailering more like having a tent that is already set up with a galley in the back. You can get a built in stove , sink, and fridge if you want. They also offer A/C, but I didn't see one with that option. They did have one with a sound system DVD player and TV built in. I am 64 years old and it sounds like a good idea to have a comfortable queen sized bed on a level waterproof platform for sleeping at the campground. True I will miss the acorn under my sleeping bag in my tent, but I could learn to deal with that after a good nights sleep. :-). I haven't spent the money to buy one yet, still considering it. Has an exhaust fan in ceiling that will help stop condensation, a problem with high humidity here in Indiana. It will also fit in my garage so I wouldn't have to pay to have it stored. Still a lot of money for a camping accessory . I was told that I could get one that would be color matched to my Jeep (that should be getting to the dealer soon). That would make it a Jeep accessory, and you can't spend too much for Jeep accessories.... :-)

wat3rdog 11-23-2012 06:04 PM

Nice. I've been doing a lot of research but no one around Albuquerque seems to have one that I can look at. I like the idea since I'm tired of my pop up. I want to pull into a spot and done. I figure that if camping I only want to go inside to sleep or get out of the weather. I also like the idea of a road trip with no hotels and a trailer for gear.

dukedallas 12-20-2012 02:22 PM

How much roughly?

wat3rdog 12-21-2012 08:22 PM

http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/
$6k range give or take

wat3rdog 02-25-2013 11:39 AM

It's been a bit but after looking at the little guy in person my wife and I have set a goal to buy a 6 wide rough rider for just under $10k. They can build it for 35" tires for no extra charge. They will do what ever you like for a true custom build.