Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   New jeepers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/new-jeepers-89410.html)

MudSlinger16 04-14-2011 07:01 PM

New jeepers

So i couldnt help but notice that the jeepers wave kinda dosent carry into the ppl who drive the new wranglers..they dont rly catch on they just kinda :whistling: drive on by.. i still wave and you know other jeeps do too..and i see the same ppl around town and they still r clueless haha ahhh gawd :facepalm:

ForumKing 04-14-2011 07:25 PM

I tend to wave early to jeeps when I see them. That way if they dont wave back, my wave turns into one of these. :flipoff:

TJChris27 04-14-2011 08:20 PM

I've been having zero luck with any waves from any model :( That just means when i do get one im that mire excited lol my girlfriend thinks im nuts but i wouldn't have it any other way!

MudSlinger16 04-17-2011 07:57 AM

My girlfriend thinks im nuts toooo..i tell her "get a car and you wont have to see me do it" :rofl:

98 wrangler 04-17-2011 09:02 AM

EVERYBODY IN SOUTHERN KY WAVE OR AS WE CALL IT (SPEAK) TO EACH OTHER . YOU DONT HAVE TO KNOW THE PERSON. IF YOU DO WAVE AT SOMEONE YOU MEET ON THE ROADAND & THEY DONT SPEAK WE USUALLY SAY SOMTHING LIKE "DAMN YANKEE "!!:wavey:

kjc63 04-17-2011 11:17 AM

Well, I am a Yankee, and I have yet to get snubbed on the wave by my fellow New Yorkers!

jrussblues 04-17-2011 11:41 AM

Jks don't wave, unless they're built, those guys wave every time.

bodyarmor 04-17-2011 11:44 AM

I'm brand new to Jeeps, just unloaded my Harley for a TJ and am very excited to get it looking the way I want! I have a lot to learn I can already see. Give me the etiquette for waves - seems it's about the same as the bike, newbs never wave and us old bikers just gave up. Ok, I'm not old, tomorrow is the big 40, but still!

jrussblues 04-17-2011 11:48 AM

Wave first or wait, two fingers over the steering wheel, a hand out the door, doesn't matter...just make sure its more than one finger.

wmurray 04-17-2011 01:56 PM

my girlfriend thinks im crazy too but the other day i had to drive to school so i told her i was goin to take her ride which is a little easier on gas... later that night she called me and said that she wanted to see another jeep so bad but she never saw one jus so she could do the wave... it may be crazy but its awesome!!! :)

hitman76 04-17-2011 02:39 PM

yeah, my wife talks crap about it too. She has even started waving to people in other xterra's since she drives one just to drive me crazy. lol. i think deep down she likes the jeep and the waves that come with it. lol

dannyobow 04-18-2011 10:09 PM

I know how you guys feel. Had my jeep sitting for a couple of days because the rear upper control arm broke loose from the frame. Anyway I was driving a friends tacoma (thumbs up to him for letting me borrow it because he understood and only asked for dinner in return.) But it was weird that I would see other jeeps and not wave. Coming from a bike I understood the whole cultural thing completely. I think other bikers will go a little further out of the way then a jeeper to wave in the panhandle of FL.

andiesel 04-18-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJChris27 (Post 1179358)
I've been having zero luck with any waves from any model :( That just means when i do get one im that mire excited lol my girlfriend thinks im nuts but i wouldn't have it any other way!

I haven't gotten any waves from cali jeepers unless I'm out on the beach. :nonono:

LocTaal 04-18-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyobow (Post 1186624)
Anyway I was driving a friends tacoma (thumbs up to him for letting me borrow it because he understood and only asked for dinner in return.) But it was weird that I would see other jeeps and not wave.

Sometimes I still wave to Jeeps when I'm driving my wife's car, just out of habbit. :D

srad600 04-18-2011 11:40 PM

Im new to jeeps but knew about the wave from a friend. Haven't gotten one yet tho. I waved at a jeep on my bike the other day but got nothing...lol

Schitbrick3633 04-19-2011 01:07 AM

this is all too funny..my buddy(who owns a jeep) got on my case after not waving to him one day in passing right after I got my jeep..I just didnt see him or I would have done the "jeep wave" lol.. after talking to him I finally figured out why some dude in a jeep waved at us when we were test driving the one I bought :rofl:

thecropduster17 04-19-2011 10:23 AM

Im waiting on my new top to come in and when it looks like rain i borrow my dads porsche. I've caught myself waving a lot and i miss my jeep

Steve Loves Jeeps 04-19-2011 12:10 PM

If they don't wave, flip em off. They will notice that!

srad600 04-19-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Loves Jeeps
If they don't wave, flip em off. They will notice that!

I do that on the bike all the time.

315Mud 04-19-2011 12:52 PM

I just got my first jeep last monday. The last thing the dealer said was make sure you wave to other wranglers. I havent had one not wave back yet.

dproctor0715 04-19-2011 07:40 PM

Just wave. That's on you. If they don't wave back, that's on them. The rest doesn't matter.

div8mx 04-19-2011 10:34 PM

way to funny. . .all my non jeep owner friends dont get the jeep waving. I love it!! I notice the 4dr jeeps dont usually wave back so i cut them from my hellos. No wave is an automatic U suK

timithye 04-20-2011 11:53 AM

My wife is all over teh wave when riding in the jeep. She does it before the other driver is close enough to see it.

MudSlinger16 04-21-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LocTaal (Post 1186778)
Sometimes I still wave to Jeeps when I'm driving my wife's car, just out of habbit. :D

everyytime im driving another car i wave and then feel like an idiot when i remeamber im in a truck or a car

MIZZOU_Fan 04-21-2011 07:07 PM

You guys all need to google "the jeep wave" there is a entire scoring system. A must read for all jeepers. So funny I have it framed hanging in my office at work. (I run a car lot) so it fits in with my jeep decor

http://jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.php

tadams5 05-22-2011 06:41 PM

Re

This totally cracks me up. I've owned a Grand Cherokee for about 4 years and have never been waved at by other Jeep owners (that I'm aware of). A couple of weeks ago I bought a used Wrangler and during my first ride we passed another Wrangler and the driver waved at me. I asked my wife if she knew him and she said no but maybe he knew the previous owners and thought we were them. Then we passed another that waved. I caught on quickly. I'd say 4 out of 5 Wrangler drivers will wave.

Cincy-yj 05-22-2011 09:10 PM

I remember letting my friend drive my old tj home from vacation about 10 years ago. We had a 12 hour trip and about 30 minutes in of his drive he thought it would be funny in my jeep to start

Cincy-yj 05-22-2011 09:15 PM

Oops... Wrong button... Contd: He thought it would be funny to start waving to everything that looked like a box on wheels... From semis to uhauls to tractors... It was funny for a split second... Then i kicked him out... Made him ride in the back seat... And drove the rest of the way home... He hasnt driven any of my jeeps since... :)