Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   What do you listen to? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/what-do-you-listen-to-89650.html)

Dianeakamommy 04-16-2011 05:33 PM

What do you listen to?

What is on the mp3 player or cd player when you are cruising? I am a Sublime, Dirty Heads, Mumford and Sons..... kind of person. Every now and then I like the old school rap like Run DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, BIGGY.

smaxberry 04-16-2011 05:48 PM

Here lately it has been a lot of Dropkick Murphys, Avenged Seven Fold, Skillet, and Shine Down. But I pretty much listen to everything. I did learn that my Straight Outta Compton CD made for really good road trip music.

RB-10rubicon 04-16-2011 06:25 PM

I like shinedown godsmack seether but my two favorites are lamb-of-god and 5finger death punch

JeeperJake 04-16-2011 06:38 PM

I'm a neoLuddite geezer. I don't like to listen to nothing.

Rarely news.

Much more rarely talk radio. I could live well without any radio. Even XM satellite doesn't do much to satisfy...although BBC soothes me sometimes.

44Blues 04-16-2011 07:20 PM

Government Mule, Jeff Beck, Reverend Gary Davis, Derek Trucks Band.....

BigManAndy 04-16-2011 07:35 PM

Punk, Hardcore, Ska and Classic Rock. Bands like NOFX, Bad Religion, Descendents, Dead Kennedys, Suicidal Tendencies, Less Than Jake, Adolescents, Black Flag, Sublime, Supervillans, Minor Threat, etc.

Jeep Island 04-16-2011 07:44 PM

Except for Jeff Beck, I haven't even neard of any of those groups (including the OP's). As I've gotten older, I listen to Moby & Mozart. But I'm with Jake, nothing is fine, and I can hear the voices in my head better.

redz1 04-16-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianeakamommy (Post 1182300)
What is on the mp3 player or cd player when you are cruising? I am a Sublime, Dirty Heads, Mumford and Sons..... kind of person. Every now and then I like the old school rap like Run DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, BIGGY.

Sublime :thumb::thumb::thumb:

and Slightly Stoopid, Matisyahu, and everything else you listed. I like the reggae stuff.

ZOMB1E 04-16-2011 08:02 PM

Disturbed, NIN, Three Days Grace, A Perfect Circle :punk:

gregh 04-16-2011 08:07 PM

I love to put the top down and cruise the strip blasting some Barry Manilow! LOL Just kidding! I have a good mix on the ipod, some old rock - rush, Yes, zz top. Then I have some good old skool rap and some beastie boys, I have some good country - zac brown band. A good mix of things, if I have the sirius on its usually on Playboy unless the kids are in their with me. Get some funny looks at red lights!

j33pZ 04-16-2011 08:11 PM

the radio.

jeepgyrl1973 04-16-2011 08:24 PM

IPod mix is interesting....pantara, daughtry, disco, techno, biggie, stevie nicks, old 80's, kid rock, rush, kiss. Depends on my mood but the singing skills really needs some work.

Road_House 04-16-2011 08:30 PM

Jason Ellis Show on Sirius/Xm

mlebwill 04-16-2011 08:37 PM

+ 1 for Sublime

I also stumbled across some Goldfinger (completely forgot about them) from a genius mix and have been hitting that pretty hard lately. Bad Religion just played a show in town and the radio station has been playing them a lot so they are making into the mix also.

Anyone ever heard of Loud Lucy? Man I feel old talking about this stuff.

Too bad the radio and speakers suck on my JKU - otherwise I would be jamming!

Mike

Texas TC 04-16-2011 09:02 PM

Another Geezer here, don't own a mp player. I don't own any cd's. I am finding that I like the NASCAR channel, along with Bloomberg and FOX News channels on the Sirius radio. I have not listened to music channels yet but country would be my choice if I were to tune in. This comes when you get old, retire, and draw Social Security. Where did those years go and whatever happened to my four and eight track tapes?

rics1997 04-16-2011 09:19 PM

Whats a MP3 lol? I just listen to the radio, well mostly Tune-In on my Droid listening to the classic rock and comedy stations. Not sure how long Sirus/XM can stay in business when you can now get most stations for free through the smartphones

4fit 04-16-2011 09:33 PM

Right now, mine is Meshuggah, Underoath, Norma Jeane, Mule, North Mississippi Allstars, Coalesce, Mastodon

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44Blues (Post 1182485)
Government Mule, .....

Nice!!!!! Don't typically stumble onto other Mule fans!:thumb:

JeeperJake 04-16-2011 09:46 PM

re: "when you can now get most stations for free through the smartphones " I'd like to know how that can happen for 'free'....

I haven't adapted to smartphones yet....they seem to cost so much to run them. And the screen is too small for geezer eyes...saw the iPad2 the other day....WOW! what a gizmo.

redz1 04-16-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigManAndy (Post 1182508)
Punk, Hardcore, Ska and Classic Rock. Bands like NOFX, Bad Religion, Descendents, Dead Kennedys, Suicidal Tendencies, Less Than Jake, Adolescents, Black Flag, Sublime, Supervillans, Minor Threat, etc.

I love Less Than Jake and NOFX :punk:

Chrispy 04-16-2011 10:07 PM

Well guess Iím getting old Ösome of those groups Iíve never heard of. I think I should ask my girls they probably know what youíre talking about. So if Iím on my way into work or on the way home, I check in with Fox News, then its Country, or classic/older rock. The new CD Iím listening to is Zac Brown Band. Really love Sirius, especially when I'm plowing snow for hours and hours.
Chris

GroundHawg 04-16-2011 10:27 PM

I listen to mostly classic rock these days. ACDC, Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Allman Bros., The Who, Ted Nugent...just no hippie stuff like Pink Floyd, the Dead, or stuff like Journey.

I like Grunge music like Nirvana, or old Manson, or Toadies.

I used to be a Drum and Bass DJ in high school and college, so I like guys like Technical Itch, Skynet, Rob Data, Diesel Boy, and Panacea. I'm also a huge Breakcore fan. Few names there are Doormouse, Scud, Xanopticon, Slepcy, and Enduser.

I like Hardcore too. Not the punk stuff. DJ'd Hardcore, like Delta 9, Tron, Evil Activities, or Speed Freak.

No mp3's though. I own thousands of vinyl records from my DJ'ing party days, and hundreds of CD's.

brewsnjeeps25 04-16-2011 10:29 PM

x2 on the Jason Ellis show. That guy Rocks. RB-10rubicon... If you haven't seen them already I can definately suggest going to see LOG live. I also went to 5FDP show but Burbon Street got me so cant tell much about them :facepalm:

4fit 04-16-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundHawg
I listen to mostly classic rock these days. ACDC, Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Allman Bros., The Who, Ted Nugent...just no hippie stuff like Pink Floyd, the Dead, or stuff like Journey.

Some nice selections in there, but the Allman Bros, one of my faves as well, is waaaaay more "hippie" than Floyd. You should check out Gov't Mule if you haven't already.

GroundHawg 04-16-2011 10:41 PM

I like Govt Mule and Derek Trucks. Sounds like the old 70's stuff.

I like Allmans bc it sounds like southern rock. I like that a lot too. Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, Skynrd, etc

Wilhob 04-16-2011 10:45 PM

Metallica, Guns and Roses,Styx,Godsmack

Toofer 04-16-2011 10:47 PM

Bob Dylan, Blues Travelers, Dave's Highway, Me First and The Gimmie Gimmies, Rabbit!, Third Day, Toby Mac, Van Morrison, Sometimes classic rock, Sometimes classic country, A lot of conservative talk radio. Most of the time I like to hear the sounds of my tires humming me a tune :)

mlebwill 04-16-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundHawg (Post 1182827)
I listen to mostly classic rock these days.
I like Grunge music like Nirvana, or old Manson, or Toadies.

Toadies are a great band! I saw them in Boulder or Red Rocks a long time ago.

What about Silver Chair and Seven Mary Three - what ever happened to those bands, they were awesome also.

My 9 year old is listening to Bush, Sponge and Foo Fighters right now - I'm a proud dad.

snax 04-16-2011 11:25 PM

Sirius Channels: 10, 100, 101

EAD Offroad 04-16-2011 11:35 PM

Volbeat is one of my top bands at the moment.

YouTube - Volbeat - Still Counting

trennmaschine 04-17-2011 12:06 AM

I reserve Distrubed, Korn, and Slipnkot for the gym - Getting caught up in this stuff on the highway is almost a sure shortcut to a trainwreck for me. And then I play it very, very loud. Driving to and from work I try and remain more composed - I have a set of Michael Hedges, Al Dimeola, Acoustic Alchemy, Will Akerman, Alex de Grassi, and Billy McLaughlin...