Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pictures Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/)
-   -   GoPro HD (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/gopro-hd-89742.html)

IndyJeepMan 04-17-2011 12:02 PM

GoPro HD

Did some tests with mounts and stuff, just figured I'd post it here. I hadn't got around to editing for awhile, thus its still winter in the video.

Just pedaling around Indy in the Vid. I can't wait to use it during our trip in June!

YouTube - TJ GoPro DEMO

Its not uploaded in 1080p Like its formatted cause youtube quality and time takes forever, so 480 is the best its going to be for this video lol

4Jeepn 04-17-2011 12:09 PM

Did you run that stop sign?

IndyJeepMan 04-17-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 1183543)
Did you run that stop sign?

Nah, sweeping corner. Plus the camera has a 170 degree lense so it makes everything seem a little different compared to real life. I did, make a rolling stop. But hey, who hasnt.

4Jeepn 04-17-2011 12:17 PM

so any pics of the camera?

IndyJeepMan 04-17-2011 12:23 PM

Don't have a personal picture of it, since it is my still camera as well. My old camera fell apart from age, so this is my video camera and still camera.

But heres a picture. Comes with a waterproof and shockproof case, mine has a suction mount, 3m mounts, and other randoms gadgets to mount it up.

Its quite a surprisingly little powerful camera. Practically any show or action or sports show where there are helmet mounts, car mounts are these GoPro's

Here is some 100% footage from GoPro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3M6EB8kmk

Rawkon 04-17-2011 01:15 PM

ive done a ton of testing and mount location and editing with mine if you have any questions let me know. the cameras are a blast. my advise would be to get a external hardrive or an additional hard drive for all the memory your about to consume!!! lol
also format your SD card in the camera. it solved alot of wierd issues with ours.

heres a couple from mine
YouTube - Joshua R cam.wmv
great for watching suspension and making sure its dialed. I found out my limit straps were too long and possibly saved me from a $$$ problem thanks to the go pro.
YouTube - bumps.wmv
on this vid i forgot to change the option to focus on the exterior. everytime you turn off the cam you have to double check the settings you want. also found out i had the camera too far back.
YouTube - joshua 2011.wmv

the more you play with it the better the footage comes out. I primarily use the open back cover so my lense doesnt fog and you can hear whats going on way better.

M_ 04-17-2011 01:20 PM

Looks like a real nice little camera! What do they run?

Ageless Stranger 04-17-2011 02:31 PM

Rawkon,

I recently bought the motorsports hero package. I'm having trouble when mounting getting the camera to not shake. How did you mount in the second video? That's the type of video quality I'm trying to achieve.

Ageless Stranger 04-17-2011 02:41 PM

Also, IndyJeepMan, when shooting in 1080p, the field of view is 127*, whereas in all other resolutions the field of view is 170*. :thumb:

Also, I'm glad you started a random GoPro video thread. I'll be happy to contribute.

Rawkon 04-17-2011 05:04 PM

that was a roll cage mount off of the gen right stinger. the camera is supposed to have an anti shake deal built in and i havnt had any real trouble with it vibrating other then on the sail boat with the deisel engine on. I havnt had any issues with the suction cup mount vibrating.

Ive been using windows movie maker on windows 7.

Ageless Stranger 04-18-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 1183959)
that was a roll cage mount off of the gen right stinger. the camera is supposed to have an anti shake deal built in and i havnt had any real trouble with it vibrating other then on the sail boat with the deisel engine on. I havnt had any issues with the suction cup mount vibrating.

I see. I have the suction cup mount as well. I want the rollbar (or handlebar, if necessary) mount so I can take videos from inside the airplane I most enjoy flying. There is framework inside the windshield that would be perfect for the gopro, see? The image is borrowed, but you can see all the framework that's just begging for a rollbar mount. :thumb:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../9/1357930.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 1183959)
Ive been using windows movie maker on windows 7.

Me too. Cool. :cool:

Rawkon 04-20-2011 01:27 AM

airplane vids would be so awesome from in the cab like that.
I do alot of sailboat racing and use the same rollcage/bar mount on the boat too. i wanna find some other places to stick it but am having trouble.

YouTube - love tap.wmv

race 3 saturday series on Vimeo

did some filming at the local paintball place too
Untitled on Vimeo

Geoff@Bestop 04-20-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 1189509)
i wanna find some other places to stick it but am having trouble.

:whistling: I'd guess you can find someone to help, if you try hard enough. :whistling:

My video guy just bought one. We'll be using it in Moab in a few weeks. He's all excited, showing off his new toy. But they are very cool. The stabilization of the image is amazing.

JeepCreeper 04-20-2011 10:33 AM

IndyJeepMan, in the first of your video, are you using the suction cup mount?

I just got a gopro myself. I did a trial with the suction cup on the inside of the windshield. Too bad I didn't check the cleanliness of the window first. :D

Rawkon 04-20-2011 11:37 AM

post up your vids!!

deathphoenix99 04-20-2011 11:48 AM

Wow, that's pretty sweet, and it's only $100. Too bad I just bought a new digital camera, that's really all I would've needed, oh well.

ed-de 04-20-2011 11:59 AM

last year at badlands with gopro

YouTube - badlands stock jeep jk

deathphoenix99 04-20-2011 12:07 PM

^^^Badlands is a great place to offroad, I can't wait to go back!

ed-de 04-20-2011 12:11 PM

this is one I did with my car

YouTube - looks aimost real.

Ageless Stranger 04-20-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 1190092)
post up your vids!!

Quick time lapse I put together last evening. This was my first attempt at time lapse. Just wanted to see if I could do it properly. :punk: This video is made up of 195 still images captured on 5 second intervals.

YouTube - Time Lapse

IndyJeepMan 04-26-2011 06:05 PM

Wow didn't realize the thread grew!

Thanks for adding those rawkon, I love your video's. Ageless, If you add in the little white rubber piece into the clip it solves some of the vibrations.

The whole footage in that video was with the suction cup mount. I have a curved mount on my dome light inside the cab that gives an awesome behind the drivers view so you can see out the windshield, the driver and the passenger.

They are sweet cameras! I will be editing some other video again this weekend and will post here! Keep posting guys, this things were made for us Jeepers! :thumb:

IndyJeepMan 04-26-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathphoenix99 (Post 1190141)
^^^Badlands is a great place to offroad, I can't wait to go back!

Come out in June with the other 30 people thats coming! :D

deathphoenix99 04-26-2011 06:14 PM

^^^Only one problem, i'm in Houston until the end of June, otherwise I'd be there!

IndyJeepMan 04-26-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathphoenix99 (Post 1203544)
^^^Only one problem, i'm in Houston until the end of June, otherwise I'd be there!

We will be having a fall run! :punk:

Rawkon 05-09-2011 05:44 PM

anymore vids???

heres another of mine to keep the thread alive
YouTube - Woops test.wmv

IndyJeepMan 05-09-2011 06:03 PM

I love those videos! Probably the only rig on here built for speed and not slowness ;)

Rawkon 05-09-2011 07:05 PM

attatched to thew K1 go cart a few weeks ago.
YouTube - k1speed

ed-de 05-10-2011 01:30 PM

sum more badlands clips of water crossing

YouTube - water crossings at badlands.wmv

Rawkon 05-10-2011 06:49 PM

you guys have some awsome wheeling areas over there. awesome video

Ageless Stranger 05-24-2011 04:54 PM

Best GoPro vid I've seen so far. Don;t know anything about it though.

YouTube - ‪Snowmobile 0 Mountain 1 - Epic Snowmobile Crash‬‏