Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Illinois Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f107/)
-   -   The Wave Survey: (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f107/the-wave-survey-89760.html)

Tiki2Rubicon 04-17-2011 01:50 PM

The Wave Survey:

I didn't really take notice until I took Vacation this last week. Whether you're in any Wrangler model, it seems there is discrimination or Jeepers with blinders on. Made a trip 5 hours North, and the closer I got(about 1.5 hour out), those in all Wranglers waved. So the question is, if it is a Wrangler, do you wave or discriminate? Having really paid attention this past week, the majority of Jeep Waves exchanged were by 35-55 years of age.

crikeyjeepturtles 04-17-2011 10:33 PM

blinders? a jeep with blinds/curtains? you gotta give the wave to all wranglers. but when i see a 4dr JK I'll wait to see if the soccer mom waves first

nick50471 04-17-2011 10:34 PM

Really...another wave thread.

Amw2210 04-25-2011 08:52 AM

Im from Indiana but I go to school in the West Suburbs of Chicago and it seems like no one waves up here :(

MbRich 04-25-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 1184663)
Really...another wave thread.

X2 - But yeah I wave unless I'm distracted and don't see them in time. Even if they don't wave back.

When you are in a very dense populated area, waving gets missed sometimes while always watching the car in front to slam on their brakes cause they don't know how to drive and they think that waiting till the last second to come to a complete stop is their best way to save gas money :nonono:

But an hour north of Springfield - to me that's countryside - everyone in an SUV, Truck, or even a mini-van will wave at you if you wave first. That's just the way it is in the country (as I've noticed by driving south on state highways instead of the interstate - and most definately how it is in TN, KY, IN, Downstate IL, GA, AL, and North Florida).

dschur 05-04-2011 10:05 PM

No one waves in the western burbs. I return every and instantiate many (even to JK's ;), but I grow weary.

Then again my perspective is rather skewed - my other car is a vette and you never, ever pass another without a big wave. I would chase you down and say "what the hell is your problem?" in it, but alas in my jeep it seems rather optional.

97sport09 05-04-2011 10:12 PM

I don't wave unless I see them wave period.

h2obill 05-05-2011 07:13 AM

I wave at the Jeep, not the driver... I've seen a ton of waves this week in the western burbs :wavey:

Wirenuting 07-26-2011 07:14 AM

Had someone wave in town an hour after I picked my wrangler up.
My son was with me and laughed, he said it's a jeep thing. Said I got to wave back.

MattD 07-26-2011 07:22 AM

I find myself only waving to Wranglers. I got the impression very quickly that other model owners don't consider me worthy of waving back.

I'm also getting lazy. My wave consists mainly of lifting my fingers off the steering wheel with my palm and thumb still around it. The "4-fingers up" wave.

My next mod will be a button on the steering wheel that I press which will make an artificial hand pop up from the dash and wave for me.
:whistling:

Wirenuting 07-26-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattD

My next mod will be a button on the steering wheel that I press which will make an artificial hand pop up from the dash and wave for me.
:whistling:

I want to get a "Bobble Head Hand" for the front bumper.

jeepjake711 07-26-2011 10:18 AM

I wave. I notice a lot of people don't wave either. When I had my lifted yj it was a little easier to spot though.

Ddubb 06-12-2012 09:13 PM

I'm waving regardless if I get one back or not, but I just picked up my JKU. I traded my FJ cruiser for the JK, you would have thought there would have been a tighter community with FJs but no suck luck really. Hope to see you guys around the west suburbs

Barrie 06-12-2012 09:23 PM

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/off...ead-19088.html