Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   BDS vs Zone lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/bds-vs-zone-lift-90232.html)

NCJeepin 04-20-2011 04:08 PM

BDS vs Zone lift

Ok, I'm planning on purchasing a lift for my 2000 Wrangler Sport sometime in the next few weeks. I'm wanting a 3" lift and am wanting to run 33x12.5 BFG AT. I've narrowed down my lift options to the BDS 3" suspension lift: http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=35&yr=1997-2006 and the Zone Offroad 3" suspension lift: http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=21&gr=-1. I've read about the awesome warranty BDS offers with their lifts and I really like it. Haven't heard much about the Zone warranty or anything. I haven't really heard any bad reviews on the BDS or the Zone lifts. I do know that Zone is made by BDS so the quality should be comparable. Since I'm still in high school, and it's my daily driver, I won't be doing any hardcore wheeling but I still want a kit that will perform off road and have good on-road manners. Since I got a nice deal on the Jeep when I bought it, I have a little extra money in the "Jeep budget". That being said, I can (not by much) fit the BDS lift into my budget. So, all in all, I'm wanting the best performing, most complete, best bang for your buck kit. Also, with either of the kits, is an adjustable track bar required or highly recommended? Thank you for reading and responding! All of your help will be greatly appreciated!

GoldenSahara00 04-20-2011 04:17 PM

BDS just for the warranty, but only if you dont plan on going to a bigger lift for a good long while (think like 10+ years?)

if your going to want to go to a bigger lift in a few years and just want a decent lift til your making more money and out of HS, id suggest zone. its a very good lift. and if you dont like the tcase drop and have the money I would get an sye and tw shaft and have fun.

QCDoc 04-20-2011 04:57 PM

Rough Country has cheap prices for their lift ..ive heard good things about them only bad could be the rough ride which i dont care about personally, come on its a jeep if u want a smooth ride get a mercedes haha..but thats what ima be orderin most likely in next few days...they got 2.5 in. or.3.25in, all suspension...and they have a 3.75, which is 2.5in susp and 1.25 body..ima prolly be goin with the latter 2 once i decide which is actually the best option for me since ill be puttin it on myself as a first timer, im kinda in ur boat...sorta small budget and its my daily driver

03Ruth 04-20-2011 05:17 PM

Ive been running a 4" zone for several years now and it handles great both on and offroad. My rig is a daily driver as well and for the price of the zone you cant go wrong. Never had a problem with the lift since day one and I bet that zone would stand behind their products if anything were to go wrong.

Irongrave 04-20-2011 07:32 PM

FYI BDS owns Zone so IMO i'd opt for the Zone stuff if your on a budget

NCJeepin 04-20-2011 08:03 PM

Ok thanks guys. I haven't made up my mind yet but there is a 4x4 shop pretty close to me that deals mostly with BDS lifts. The guy there swears by them and personally has one installed on his Jeep. I'll see what kind of price he will quote me for it plus installation and compare that to the Zone w/ installation. I just want to do everything right the first time with quality parts. Thanks again everyone!:)

Colin 04-20-2011 08:05 PM

Im in your same situation with my jeep being my dd and driving to high school every day. I ended up going with the Zone 3" and love it. Haven't had time to go real offroading yet but find spots here and there. But the ride quality is very good close to stock actually. I do recommend buying the steering stabilzer with it though to help with the ride quality. And I didn't buy the adj. trackbar because it is not needed since you can center the axle with drilling over. It comes with everything you need and I've had it on for about 3 months now and dont regret it all and have had no problems. And 33x12.50 fit perfectly on it, thats the same setup I have on mine. If you click my jeep profile you can find a picture.

NCJeepin 04-20-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 1190950)
Im in your same situation with my jeep being my dd and driving to high school every day. I ended up going with the Zone 3" and love it. Haven't had time to go real offroading yet but find spots here and there. But the ride quality is very good close to stock actually. I do recommend buying the steering stabilzer with it though to help with the ride quality. And I didn't buy the adj. trackbar because it is not needed since you can center the axle with drilling over. It comes with everything you need and I've had it on for about 3 months now and dont regret it all and have had no problems. And 33x12.50 fit perfectly on it, thats the same setup I have on mine. If you click my jeep profile you can find a picture.

Thanks man your Jeep looks great!:thumb: Those pics and all of these responses are making me want to go with Zone. I haven't seen too many people with the BDS lift though. I'm going to keep researching though and get the best deal I can either way.

terminator012 04-20-2011 09:29 PM

Zone 3" with 1.25 body. 33x12.50's

Rides and handles great.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1303352908

thecropduster17 04-20-2011 09:47 PM

so im seeing that zone is a good lift? im also looking and was gonna go for rough country but hear terrible things about it and zone lifts are just as cheap but i havent heard anything negative about them

NCJeepin 04-21-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecropduster17 (Post 1191242)
so im seeing that zone is a good lift? im also looking and was gonna go for rough country but hear terrible things about it and zone lifts are just as cheap but i havent heard anything negative about them

Yeah, Zone seems to be a very good lift and high quality. I've yet to see any bad reviews about them either. BTW terminator, I'm diggin' your Jeep.:thumb: Yellow Jeeps FTW!:dance: