Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   colorado springs day run (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/colorado-springs-day-run-90729.html)

topher38 04-24-2011 01:11 AM

colorado springs day run

anyone wanna do a run next weekend up Mt Baldy/ alamerge
its located off of gold camp road in teller county and its CO RD 379

Owen_TJ 04-24-2011 01:44 PM

My lift wont be in or on yet nor will i have my tires on yet...the weekend after...yes sir haha

topher38 04-24-2011 04:33 PM

Ok well I'll see what's happening and maybe we can

Owen_TJ 04-24-2011 04:52 PM

sounds good to me, man!

topher38 04-24-2011 06:31 PM

Do you love in the springs or what just trying to figure out times and meeting points

Owen_TJ 04-24-2011 07:20 PM

no, i'm in Denver at the intersection of Hampden and I25 (hampden and south monaco to be exact)

Also brand new to the area and just moved from Iowa...so i'll be followin your lead!

topher38 04-24-2011 11:23 PM

Do you kno how to get to the broad more in co springs?

Owen_TJ 04-25-2011 05:33 PM

Isnt that the luxury resort on the golf course??

If so, i have no clue where it is lol...but wouldnt have any trouble finding it! The gps on my phone is pretty spot on...

topher38 04-25-2011 06:11 PM

haha nailed it. . i normally head up the mountain about a mile from there on old stage rd which turns into goldcamp then that takes you to CO RD 379 which takes you to the top of baldy

Owen_TJ 04-25-2011 08:47 PM

sounds like a great time to me! Count me in for sure...

The lift is hopefully being sent out tomorrow and will hopefully have it by friday and then i'll get it installed on saturday...so yeah, it'll most likely be the weekend after unless i can get it all done friday night!

topher38 04-25-2011 10:22 PM

This weekend is put for sure it's been raining alot this week down here and it's been snowing alot up there. Baldy prolly got a good foot over the last three days and it's suppose to snow tomorrow. So depending on next week is if I'm going up or not. Since I don't have a winch or any recovery tools I don't want to get stuck

topher38 04-25-2011 10:23 PM

I meant this weekend is out.

Owen_TJ 04-26-2011 08:18 PM

sounds good to me, man...

i'm in the process of getting a few recovery things (straps, hooks, etc)...but i'm game whenever!

Lift will be here by the end of the day friday so hopefully get it on friday night or saturday

topher38 04-26-2011 09:23 PM

Ok kool so I might be riding a trail this Sunday about 35 miles more north of baldy and if it's good we can go there two. But I'll let you kno what's going down. Do you have/know anyone else that would wanna go?

immarkshy 04-27-2011 06:02 PM

hey man is that just a road, or is it trail or what? as i said in another one of your posts im free on thursdays so im tryin to find a easy-moderate place to go to brake in the (new to me) jeep get used to how she handles off road but i dont want it to be just driving down a dirt road

topher38 04-27-2011 07:01 PM

CO RD 379 is a real easy to almost simple trail. I haven't made it all the way top yet though so I'm not entirely sure what the last couple of miles is like. But the beginning will be a good test a a stock jeep because of one rock and ground clearance but for the res of the trail that I kno about a stock jeep can do it easy. Depending on the amount of snow. Which as of right now from looking at the top, there could be a good foot or more on the trail. What mods do you have or are you stock? Let me kno and I can see when I can go. Is Thursday your only day off?

immarkshy 04-27-2011 07:59 PM

yes thursdays are my only day off, ive got 4" lift, 33x12.5x15, winch, other than that shes stock, pretty sure previous owner changed the gears in it cuz speedos correct, and theres no lack in power

topher38 04-27-2011 08:04 PM

oh that trail will be a peice of cake for you once the snow up higher melts down some. im pretty much open everyday of the week depending on my chemo schedual hell if you wanna go see how far we can make it tomorrow im more than down. just let me know i would be more then glad to help you out for your first time we all have to start somewhere :thumb:

private message me if you wanna go and i will see what i can make happen.

Owen_TJ 04-30-2011 05:08 PM

Alrighty, apparently we didnt do the lift today...

i had to do the March for Dimes/March for Babies walk this morning for the bank i work for so i didnt have the time to drop my vehicle off and have someone get me...

So...its being done next saturday at 8am. Good thing is that doing it next week gave me the time to order the tires i wanted first instead of getting my second choice BFG At/Ko's.

5 tires will be at my door tuesday and i'm running the Falken Rockey Mountain ATS's

Saturday should be a good day lol...get the lift on (currently sitting in the back of the jeep), oil change, mount and balance, and the alignment done.

Its worse than waiting for Christmas when i was 8...

topher38 04-30-2011 05:28 PM

Ahh that stinks man. But sounds good depending I'll look at my schedule to see when maybe I can go up again. Next Sunday is mothers day so I can't go then

Owen_TJ 04-30-2011 06:21 PM

I'm hoping the guy will be done with everything around 1 in the afternoon...i work 8-12noon saturday anyway so hopefully i can swing over to pick it up after work.

Hoping it all goes well and it looks good! Took me awhile to decide on this setup so hopefully the 32's will look as good as i think they're gonna (i didnt wanna go with 33's)

Not quite sure how i'm gonna get the tires over there though haha.

Think i can fit 5 32x11.5x15 tires and a lift kit in the back of the jeep? Only good thing is i dont have a rear seat so it might be possible haha.

**if you're wondering why, i took it out shortly after i bought it and sold it. Tons more room for stuff as well as my dogs. Plus, i dont have to give anyone rides since i sold the seatbelts too!

topher38 04-30-2011 09:56 PM

Sounds good man just keep me up to date on stuff and we will try to go.
Ad can I ask why 32s and not 33s

Owen_TJ 05-01-2011 02:42 PM

of course!!! Its because i like there to be a little extra space in the wheel well than what a 33 gives...

to me, it looks like a 33 is kind of stuffed in there with just a 3" lift...espeically with the type of flare i have.

Right now my tire is about a 29" and i love the space it gives between my flares...so, a 3" lift would keep the same space with a 3" larger tire...a 32...

I'm hoping it looks as good in real life as i think it will in my head...guess i'll find out saturday!

Nightly 05-02-2011 11:12 PM

If you guys ever want to run through anything a bit closer to Littleton, let me know.

I typically work during the weekends, school on weekdays. But during the summer I could go more often.

And I live on Coalmine and Kipling, or pretty much between C470&Bowles and C470&Wadsworth

topher38 05-05-2011 11:06 PM

hey sorry its been so long since iv replied i went camping for a few days.

owen tj--- i would like to go next weekend if that is all possible for you. after next weekend i prolly wont be able to go do any wheeling till late summer. let me know if this will work.

if anyone else once to join they are more than welcome to.

Nightly--- i wont be making any trips up there anytime soon if you would like to come down here that would be awesome.

Owen_TJ 05-05-2011 11:10 PM

Should be able to no problem, man...i work saturday morning from 8-noon next weekend (and this weekend) but thats all. Otherwise free whenever

I'm dropping the jeep off tomorrow night for the guy to work on saturday morning while i'm at work and should have it back by about 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

Nightly----the springs isnt far, cmon now haha...if i can make it there from denver you can make it from littleton!

topher38 05-05-2011 11:13 PM

sounds good man. just keep me up to date if anything changes.

agreed its only like 1 hour and 20 minute drive

immarkshy 05-06-2011 11:11 AM

went up there yesterday... thanks for tellin me about it man, well have to go up one day together. it was kinda last minute we decided to go down there.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...506_085824.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...y/IMG_0806.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...y/IMG_0807.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...y/IMG_0794.jpg

got stuck once but trustworthy winch got me out, in one of the mud holes up there its rutted out pretty bad and basically bottomed out. didnt go all the way to the top but turned around at a spot that was pretty much there could see the trail that snaked around to the top but it was 7 by then so we turned around and headed home.

topher38 05-06-2011 11:14 AM

i woulda went up there with ya but you never replied to my email. so i figured you were out. if you read any of my last few post on here i cant do anything next week and next weekend is my last weekend before i leave till the end of july. so maybe at the end of summer we can go

immarkshy 05-06-2011 11:32 AM

for sure man, like i said last minute thing we left denver at like 3. but yeah end of summer sounds good i gotta save money for awhile now anyway :nonono: