Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Dual Tops (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/dual-tops-90773.html)

Jwbaseball33 04-24-2011 11:35 AM

Dual Tops

Ok, so I bought a 2011 Rubicon And I was all set to switch from my hard top to my soft top. Well, come to find out, I have no windows for the soft top!!! I was pissed. I bought it brand new off the lot and I just assumed they were rolled up with the stored soft top. This may be dumb, but are they supposed to come with windows? Should the dealership have given them to me?

jcf 04-24-2011 11:40 AM

Call then & ask for the windows,if they say it didn't have any well then I don't know what to tell you, I guess you are sol. With any luck they will be willing to get some for you I would think, good luck!

KBR97 04-24-2011 11:48 AM

The soft top is absolutely supposed to have windows. Call them immediately and tell them.

InfernoGirl 04-24-2011 12:10 PM

Also make sure you have the tailgate bar and brackets, and door surrounds and bolts and the mucket seals....

SylvanSahara 04-24-2011 12:11 PM

my soft top came put in place rolled up in rear & two boxes of addtional stuff i am guessing necessary bows, sides and rear window. I would call the dealer asap and tell them you were not given all of the parts that should have been included.

does anyone know if the soft top comes with a boot cover, that makes it look a bit neater than just the top flopping around in back?

I didnt want to start digging into boxes till i was ready to put soft top on for summer season.

cavsvet74 04-24-2011 12:25 PM

I just comes in a temporary/shipping boot. Not a good quality boot for daily use.

daggo66 04-24-2011 12:50 PM

You are supposed to remove one of the tops right away to prevent damage to the soft top. It is only installed there for transportation. Hopefully it hasn't been too long to get the missing package.

SylvanSahara 04-24-2011 12:54 PM

i did remove mine right away, though i was told as long as its still in the factory wrapping that it is a non-issue, to leave the soft top there. I didnt take the chance though.

daggo66 04-24-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylvanSahara
i did remove mine right away, though i was told as long as its still in the factory wrapping that it is a non-issue, to leave the soft top there. I didnt take the chance though.

Who told you it was a non-issue, the dealer who didn't give you windows? It clearly states it in the manual. Go back to the dealer and demand your missing parts.

SylvanSahara 04-24-2011 01:25 PM

you are confusing people on this thread.

i did take mine out, but was told as long as the soft top factory packing had not been undone you could leave in place. I also know what the manual AND big orange sticker on the soft top said. so as i mentioned before i wasnt going to take the chance of damaging the soft top. I got all my parts (i think so far, two boxes and a plastic bag holding the carry bag for the freedom top small pieces) loose in the vehicle when it was delvd.

rayden75 04-24-2011 01:37 PM

you need to get after that dealer--that is almost $800.00 worth of parts you are missing.

Jwbaseball33 04-25-2011 01:32 AM

Ok. Got it. I called them and I'm heading in the morning to tear them a new one!! I didn't get anything extra. Just what was rolled up and installed in the back. So to be clear, I should have a couple boxes and a bag with the windows?

Muxi 04-25-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwbaseball33
Ok. Got it. I called them and I'm heading in the morning to tear them a new one!! I didn't get anything extra. Just what was rolled up and installed in the back. So to be clear, I should have a couple boxes and a bag with the windows?

Two boxes containing everything that was not bolted on. My package did not have a freedom top bag. Sucks

sheetsd66 04-25-2011 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwbaseball33 (Post 1200062)

Yeah, one box should contain the windows, the other should contain the velcro straps, the door frames, the bolts for the door frames, and the brackets for the rear window bar. You should already have the rear window bar and the freedom top bag, but if you don't you'll want to make sure you get them.

daggo66 04-25-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylvanSahara (Post 1198694)
you are confusing people on this thread.

Sorry. I posted from my phone and thought you were the OP.

LaTuFu 04-25-2011 06:57 AM

Oops question answered. :D

Jwbaseball33 04-25-2011 11:22 AM

Thank you everyone. On my way there now.

danieldlg_13 04-25-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwbaseball33 (Post 1200612)
Thank you everyone. On my way there now.

:popcorn: I'm eager to know what they tell you!

Jwbaseball33 04-25-2011 12:38 PM

They apologized and said the reason was because I bought it off the showroom floor then they took the boxes out for display purposes. They got me the boxes and filled my jeep with gas!! Better than I expected!!!

the Kolector 04-25-2011 01:26 PM

Awesome!!

FalconRods 04-25-2011 01:44 PM

Aren't you fortunate. I am in the same situation (no boxes on delivery of 2010). Six months I have been trying to resolve. Sent wrong door surrounds in latest episode. Glad it worked out for you.

SylvanSahara 04-25-2011 04:31 PM

:thumb: there are still some stand up people in the car dealing business:thumb:

Geoff@Bestop 04-25-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwbaseball33 (Post 1200762)
They apologized and said the reason was because I bought it off the showroom floor then they took the boxes out for display purposes. They got me the boxes and filled my jeep with gas!! Better than I expected!!!

Those bastards! See this is why no one likes car dealers!

FalconRods 04-25-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop

Those bastards! See this is why no one likes car dealers!

I am frustrated about my top stuff but the dealership is working with me Bryan Newpher (SM) is as frustrated as I am and he has agreed to let me go to a local dealership (non McLarty and back bill). I bought the Rubicon from them and they got it from a dealership in Texas. Boxes left in Texas. Texas dealership has gone blank and Bryan is trying. Me, personally, hate it for all. I have tried and if after six months they can't get it right, I can, and he is ready for it to end and paying. I think he'd fire any staff associated with this if he could.

Jwbaseball33 04-25-2011 07:34 PM

I lucked out. They just happened to still have mine in the stock room. They pulled up my info and got the stock number and pulled them in about 2 minutes. I really hope it works out for you. Summer is coming and you're gonna need your soft top!!

FalconRods 04-25-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwbaseball33
I lucked out. They just happened to still have mine in the stock room. They pulled up my info and got the stock number and pulled them in about 2 minutes. I really hope it works out for you. Summer is coming and you're gonna need your soft top!!

All will be fine - thanks. Post a pick of that puppy. Let's see.

Jwbaseball33 04-25-2011 07:41 PM

I will in a couple days. I live in Washington and it's pouring out right now!!! Soon as it gets done I will get it put on though.

Jwbaseball33 04-25-2011 07:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is with the hard top though!!

Geoff@Bestop 04-25-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwbaseball33 (Post 1201571)
I live in Washington and it's pouring out right now!!!

So, you'll get soft top season from July 31st to August 6th, or thereabouts?

Ah,Washington...

(It's my home state, and I lived there for years and years...I can poke fun at it now, right?)

Jwbaseball33 04-26-2011 12:00 AM

That's about right! You might be thinking too positive though. I don't think we get all the way to the 6th!!