Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   new, ideas? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/new-ideas-90817.html)

topangadan 04-24-2011 05:45 PM

new, ideas?

hey guys, new to jeeps, new to this forum. just got myself a green 2008 Jeep Sahara. LOVE IT. investing in a bumper, this came recommended, any experience?
Smittybilt Part 76722 - SRC Front Bumper JK-RH3

another investment is gonna be some black pro comp rims with some larger duratrec tires. again, any experience?

Thanks!!

KidRock171 04-24-2011 05:46 PM

Look into the smittybilt xrc bumper.

Irongrave 04-24-2011 05:57 PM

lots of jeeps out there with that combo nothing new. IMO find a welder or get one your self and start building

Scoob 04-24-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topangadan (Post 1199126)
hey guys, new to jeeps, new to this forum. just got myself a green 2008 Jeep Sahara. LOVE IT. investing in a bumper, this came recommended, any experience?
Smittybilt Part 76722 - SRC Front Bumper JK-RH3

another investment is gonna be some black pro comp rims with some larger duratrec tires. again, any experience?

Thanks!!

Sounds like a great combination for street use. I wouldn't run either if you are going to wheel it.

InfernoGirl 04-24-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob

Sounds like a great combination for street use. I wouldn't run either if you are going to wheel it.

Depends on the type wheeling he's doing. My ( and many others) Duratracs wheel great, and I have a friend who scares the poo out of me when we wheel, who swears by (not at) his smittybuilt bumpers.

rda616 04-24-2011 08:11 PM

Check out the rokmen mercenary bumpers. They look sweet and they are quality american made parts.

JDsDream 04-24-2011 08:21 PM

Welcome to the Forum

Barrie 04-24-2011 08:29 PM

Welcome:wavey:

Scoob 04-24-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1199377)
Depends on the type wheeling he's doing. My ( and many others) Duratracs wheel great, and I have a friend who scares the poo out of me when we wheel, who swears by (not at) his smittybuilt bumpers.

and there are MANY who come back with less aired up tires then they went out with due to the EXTREMELY thin sidewall. So yes if you are not going to ever wheel anywhere near sharp sticks or rocks they are great.

Smittybilt bumper If this was your Jeep, you swear at it or by it? That is not uncommon for that bumper I might add.

topangadan 04-25-2011 12:07 AM

thanks!

thanks for the prompt responses guys :) ... another thing i am looking into actually before i invest in any interior / exterior things is a cargo box. i have a soft top so getting in the trunk isnt necessarily hard. i am looking at this one but was wondering if yall had any other suggestions. thanks

Amazon.com: Bestop 42634-01 Instatrunk Black Storage Box: Automotive

Northwest4x4 04-25-2011 12:44 AM

Careful, Modding Jeeps will become addicting. youll start with bumpers, then go to lift, then lockers, then want bigger axles, then a hemi. etc. etc. etc. haha :D

topher38 04-25-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwest4x4 (Post 1200014)
Careful, Modding Jeeps will become addicting. youll start with bumpers, then go to lift, then lockers, then want bigger axles, then a hemi. etc. etc. etc. haha :D

agreed my parents are :banghead: real hard they bought me my first jeep when i was 15 they hate that i have it now. they thought it would be good so maybe i wouldnt get many tickets and it would be good for the snow. they didnt realize that i would drop 3gs out of my bank in the first year and still want to put about 8 more into my baby.

for the OP if your gonna do wheeling you need to buy a better set of tires bud. hate to break it to you but your gonna spend a grand on tires if you want some descent wheels