Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Washington Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/)
-   -   SW Washington *CHAT* Thread (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/sw-washington-chat-thread-91041.html)

n2jeepn 04-26-2011 11:36 AM

SW Washington *CHAT* Thread
 
I have started a SW Washington / NW Oregon chat thread.

This would be the thread where you can ask questions regarding Meet-in-Greets, Runs, and Events that might happen in the Vancouver Washington and Portland Oregon Metro areas.

You can share ideas and get input from other members if you have an idea for a Run or Event that you may like to lead or sponsor.

Subscribe to this thread and you can be notified of any “Post Reply” or “Post Quick Reply” or “Reply to Thread”.

ZYA out there :thumb:

Oregonwolf 04-30-2011 02:38 PM

I am not much of a leader or a organizer or even a talker for that matter. But I really enjoy GTG and Events, So I put together a few suggestion for future Events.

Badger Lake, Government Camp, OR = Easy Trail, Beautiful Lake at end of Trail, Stock and Modified Rigs no issues, Con:Parking at end of trail is small.

Mount Saint Helens, Skamania County, WA = Road Trip, Beautiful Scenery, 3 Observatory areas, Could have a outdoor BBQ at one of the Observatories (Possible side trips on Forest Roads? but I am not familiar with any or their locations or if it is even allowed).

Larch Mountain, Multnomah County, OR = Trail Conditions unknown until they reopen the Mountain. (I will need to scout it out first before I can give any information on this one)

Larch Mountain, Clark County, WA = Don't know anything about this but hear it is fun and the scenery is great.

As I think of more Possibilities I will add them, If anyone else has ideas or places they would like to go, please post them. It doesn't mean we have to do them all right away, It just makes a great list of ideas of events to check out and select from. You might suggest a place that everyone else wanted to try but never had anyone to run with.

shewoolf 04-30-2011 10:00 PM

OMG honey that is the most you have talked in the last month!!! :eek::rofl:

n2jeepn 05-01-2011 10:05 PM

Thanks, we can talk at the next meet in greet

n2jeepn 05-04-2011 10:41 PM

Remember to vote on the poll

Oregonwolf 05-17-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregonwolf (Post 1211637)
I am not much of a leader or a organizer or even a talker for that matter. But I really enjoy GTG and Events, So I put together a few suggestion for future Events.

Badger Lake, Government Camp, OR = Easy Trail, Beautiful Lake at end of Trail, Stock and Modified Rigs no issues, Con:Parking at end of trail is small.

Mount Saint Helens, Skamania County, WA = Road Trip, Beautiful Scenery, 3 Observatory areas, Could have a outdoor BBQ at one of the Observatories (Possible side trips on Forest Roads? but I am not familiar with any or their locations or if it is even allowed).

Larch Mountain, Multnomah County, OR = Trail Conditions unknown until they reopen the Mountain. (I will need to scout it out first before I can give any information on this one)

Larch Mountain, Clark County, WA = Don't know anything about this but hear it is fun and the scenery is great.

As I think of more Possibilities I will add them, If anyone else has ideas or places they would like to go, please post them. It doesn't mean we have to do them all right away, It just makes a great list of ideas of events to check out and select from. You might suggest a place that everyone else wanted to try but never had anyone to run with.

Came up with another idea for an Event.
Off-Road Driving & Recovery Training Course = Learning the Basic's of Off-Roading & Recovery like: Picking your lines, When to air down & how much, How to winch properly, etc.. Things of that nature, Just the Basics to get us Newb's some knowledge.

DAMSTR8 05-17-2011 03:30 PM

Will attend schedule permitting for all future runs/events. See all of you Sunday.

n2jeepn 05-17-2011 03:55 PM

Oregonwolf, I'm going to contact you regarding the Off-Road Driving & Recovery Training Course you suggest. I did a similar class for the Wrangler-Unlimited Club. It was a BIG hit and success.

Dockman4 05-17-2011 05:38 PM

I'd go. Just say when and I'll be there. Won't be able to do it until after the Memorial day weekend. Keep us posted. Thanks Mark

n2jeepn 05-17-2011 08:13 PM

We will look at our schedules at this Sundays Meet-in-Greet and see if we can come up with a day.

shewoolf 05-17-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2jeepn (Post 1245997)
We will look at our schedules at this Sundays Meet-in-Greet and see if we can come up with a day.

:thumb:

Anchor 05-18-2011 11:21 PM

Looking forward to any and all meets. See you Sunday

shewoolf 05-18-2011 11:56 PM

Welcome to the form Anchor! Can't wait to meet the new faces.

Oregonwolf 05-19-2011 03:55 PM

We are now an official Jeep Wranglers Club on WranglerForum.com

I added our Group to the Clubs and Associations listings on the Wrangler Forum. So we are a little more official. It takes you to our Group Facebook site where they can learn more about our group. :dance:

FirefighterRobT 05-22-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregonwolf (Post 1250164)
We are now an official Jeep Wranglers Club on WranglerForum.com

I added our Group to the Clubs and Associations listings on the Wrangler Forum. So we are a little more official. It takes you to our Group Facebook site where they can learn more about our group. :dance:

SWEET!!! Now just gotta get some decals for our club! :):punk:

shewoolf 05-23-2011 01:15 AM

Thanks everyone that was able to make it! It was great meeting you all!

WOW 17 Jeeps by the time they stopped rolling in!!! I don't think any of us thought that many would show!

n2jeepn 05-27-2011 07:41 PM

How many will make Sundays run to the Beach? We wil be there.

shewoolf 05-27-2011 08:10 PM

We will be there!

Dan the jeepster 05-27-2011 10:50 PM

We will be there

FirefighterRobT 05-27-2011 11:19 PM

Mmmmm I think I might be able to make it ;)

DAMSTR8 05-28-2011 12:53 AM

We are planning on being there too.

n2jeepn 05-28-2011 11:18 AM

For those who are not sure about going on Sundays Run.
Sundays run is a cruise to the beach and back. There are not any trails that I know of that are planned to do. (Doesn’t mean we cannot find any trails to run later) This run is not a trail run, though it is a very good opportunity to meet other members. More importantly it also gives other member to meet you. It is a way (and meet-in-greets) to network and find out who likes to do what kind of trails and runs. In time you will meet those that like to run trails with your skill levels and vehicle capabilities. Hope to see you Sunday.

Anchor 05-29-2011 10:51 AM

We will be there

n2jeepn 06-02-2011 09:35 AM

logo
 
1 Attachment(s)
draft of the logo

Dockman4 06-02-2011 02:34 PM

I love it. Can't wait to slap one of those on both my side windows so everyone can see them. Good job Mark and Dave. I'll put my order in now for a couple of them...just say how much.

n2jeepn 06-03-2011 03:10 PM

We are going to get it down to 4 logos and take a vote. We hope one stands out. Then we will see if we want to leave it black and whait or add colors.

DAMSTR8 06-03-2011 03:39 PM

Mark. We might want to drop the "s" between Wrangler and Forum? When do you think we will see the preliminary draft for a vote. Personally it would be good to add color as there are a lot of stickers of this shape that are black and white. The little bit more money to make would be worth being a bit different.

shewoolf 06-03-2011 04:26 PM

David already took carer of the s :-)

n2jeepn 06-03-2011 05:13 PM

The plan after talking to Oregonwolf this morning is we will come up with 4 or 5 logos and vote on them. We hope one will stand out. Once we have that one logo, we will ask for input on leaving it black and white or add color. I like a little of color if the price is not much higher. If we choose some color design and come up with a couple of those we can vote again. ONCE we have that done I need to get it a final approval by WranglerForum. Then it is just a madder of getting them printed.

Crazyduey 06-06-2011 08:46 AM

Hey guys. Sorry I have been AWOL but have been doing a lot of traveling. Missed the last meet n greet but hope that is not a trend ;) love the idea of the decal and can make them if you do not have someone lined up. Just let me know. I finally lifted my yj and will post pics soon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.