Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Goodbye soundbar (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/goodbye-soundbar-91871.html)

wallacem2 05-01-2011 11:11 PM

Goodbye soundbar
 
First thing I did to my new 2011 Wrangler Sport was get rid of the soundbar. I drive with the top down whenever I can and the soundbar takes up about 10% of the sky space. It really opens up the top with a more clean and simple retro jeep look. Plently of room to mount 2 rear speakers elsewhere if I want. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way about the soundbar?

Robd225 05-01-2011 11:19 PM

No i have to disagree. You will gain about 1.5 inches on each side of the roll bar or as you say 10%. why take up rear storage room with speakers.

smaxberry 05-02-2011 01:01 AM

X2

I'm looking to put the 6.5 kickers subs in my sound bar. Full sound spectrum, no loss of space.

jvass 05-02-2011 05:36 AM

keep it, just replaced the stock speakers with 6.5 Explodes. The speakers installed in the sound bar sound great, I'll take the sound and reserve storage space over 10% more sun. Besides you drive with the top up more than down, for me....I'll take the sound factor over 10% more sun.......................

Trunz150 05-02-2011 07:05 AM

Agreed, personally i think the sound bar looks cool as well.....to each his own

krutj 05-02-2011 07:37 AM

Pics???.........

KBR97 05-02-2011 08:05 AM

Do you usually look UP at the soundbar while you drive :crazy:

Madwick 05-02-2011 08:16 AM

i havent replaced my speakers in mine yet but when the top is down/off i fade the stereo t the rear by 5 and that ish is loud! i like the looks ppl give when you roll up to the parking lot at work with some slipknot or metallica blaring and the doors off, nothing better!

now they do make boxes for 6x9 speakers that wouldnt take up much room but the engineering put into the soundbar is more secure. maybe mount the 6x9 boxes under the back seats and add a little amp for a nice wide range of audio/bass and you wont have the soundbar soaking up sun! G/L

cbguns 05-02-2011 10:19 AM

do you have any pic with the sound bar off ?

wallacem2 05-04-2011 02:24 PM

Look - no soundbar!
 
2 Attachment(s)
2 pics of 2011 Wrangler rollbar sans soundbar

jb3rry 05-04-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallacem2 (Post 1219411)
2 pics of 2011 Wrangler rollbar sans soundbar


Is that parked in your Bedroom? Talk about lovin your Jeep :D

jimmyzwheelz 05-04-2011 03:15 PM

:9lame:Ummm...does nothing for me.

ZOMB1E 05-04-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb3rry

Is that parked in your Bedroom? Talk about lovin your Jeep :D

:rofl: that's what I thought!

cbguns 05-04-2011 04:40 PM

naw
I like the soundbar

andreafahy01 05-04-2011 04:41 PM

I agree, no sound bar = much better. I mean the sound is great and all, but I hate all those huge hunks of plastic all over the place. I've removed most of the fabric and foam and plastic wrapped all over our JK but husband says don't touch his sound bar! As for my YJ, I took it out b/c I thought it looked clumsy and ridiculous to me, especially after I removed the rollbar casing down to the metal. I like a very simple, clean look and less stuff around me.

KooL 05-04-2011 06:15 PM

Whoa-sers!! What's on your back seat? Is that a seat cover? That is great! haha

KBR97 05-04-2011 10:32 PM

I find this all a little odd...removing the sound bar to gain 2" more of sunlight...the jeep parked inside your living room, the 1960's upholstered rear seat...

redz1 05-05-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 1220369)
I find this all a little odd...removing the sound bar to gain 2" more of sunlight...the jeep parked inside your living room, the 1960's upholstered rear seat...

:rofl: Is this real life? :confused:

the Kolector 05-05-2011 09:23 AM

Does the soundbar really affect the sun in the front seats that much?? Shouldn't you be driving where its not affected and not in the back seat?

M_ 05-05-2011 09:30 AM

That doesn't look any better to me... But how did you get grandmas couch to fit in as a back seat? And is that why you parked it in her living room?

BushWrangler 05-05-2011 09:31 AM

:blunt::blunt::blunt:

There we go.

Now this thread makes sense.

:nonono:

Still doesn't?

Damn.

greese 05-05-2011 09:45 AM

it's worth mentioning that your headrests are an important safety feature (requirement?). Unless you are so short you don't need them, I would not remove them. You'll understand why if you ever get rear-ended hard.

BushWrangler 05-05-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greese (Post 1221008)
it's worth mentioning that your headrests are an important safety feature (requirement?). Unless you are so short you don't need them, I would not remove them. You'll understand why if you ever get rear-ended hard.

well, unless you like whiplash. I do. But that is for another forum. :angel:

M_ 05-05-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushWrangler

well, unless you like whiplash. I do. But that is for another forum. :angel:

Bahahahaha I hear there's some good places for that in NYC ...

BushWrangler 05-05-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_McQuade (Post 1221016)
Bahahahaha I hear there's some good places for that in NYC ...

oooo there is my friend. Holy mother of pearl there is.

sparky 05-05-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreafahy (Post 1219664)
I agree, no sound bar = much better. I mean the sound is great and all, but I hate all those huge hunks of plastic all over the place. I've removed most of the fabric and foam and plastic wrapped all over our JK but husband says don't touch his sound bar! As for my YJ, I took it out b/c I thought it looked clumsy and ridiculous to me, especially after I removed the rollbar casing down to the metal. I like a very simple, clean look and less stuff around me.

I vote no sound bar. I think it looks like crap. Pulled mine from my TJ along with the padding in the rear. Looks much neater.

BushWrangler 05-05-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 1221065)
I vote no sound bar. I think it looks like crap. Pulled mine from my TJ along with the padding in the rear. Looks much neater.

yeah, but do you have Grandma's couch for a backseat and a garage that looks like a living room from the 70s?

SylvanSahara 05-05-2011 10:57 AM

i think removal of the whole roll bar, doors and windshield is also in order to complete the transformation. :-/

sparky 05-05-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushWrangler (Post 1221082)
yeah, but do you have Grandma's couch for a backseat and a garage that looks like a living room from the 70s?

Nah, just the standard dull stock seat. The garage looks like Fred Sanford's.

Ibuildembig 05-05-2011 04:37 PM

LOL lets just delete all the creature comforts.....or, buy a CJ :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.