Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Installed the Panavise mount (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/installed-the-panavise-mount-92536.html)

flharleycop 05-06-2011 11:39 AM

Installed the Panavise mount

3 Attachment(s)
Just got finished installing a Panavise mount for CB and GPS on the 2011 JKU

CRNA 05-06-2011 12:06 PM

Where did you get that? I tried to install one from an older model and it wouldn't work on the '11. I haven't been able to find anything for the '11, and what you have is just what I need.

flharleycop 05-06-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRNA
Where did you get that? I tried to install one from an older model and it wouldn't work on the '11. I haven't been able to find anything for the '11, and what you have is just what I need.

Go to Panavise.com look for the in dash tab and the 11 wrangler is listed.

cheap4tw 04-10-2012 03:21 PM

Did you have any trouble with the trim on the right side of the radio? I couldn't get the clip to go in with the mount in place

Sparkplugg 04-10-2012 03:35 PM

I did the same with no problem.

cheap4tw 04-10-2012 04:38 PM

Ok well in a bit of frustration I've declared this current mount scrap and am re-ordering. Hopefully the 2nd times the charm.

chrisbrooks 03-22-2013 11:58 PM

Panavise Install 2013 Wrangler

I just installed mine... you need to put the bolt side in-behind the radio holes. Otherwise the dash doesn't connect properly. I made that mistake first and I think I busted the clip on the bottom right side of the panel.

My intent is to use a ram mount and setup my Nexus 7 tablet... although the Panavise mount is way too flimsy. My 3 yr old could bend it. With just the ram mount it jiggles more than jello. I'm going to see if I can rig a piece of metal from the dash handle. That should sturdy things up?

If I was to do it again... I would have went with a custom mount from a local shop.

nrek 03-23-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbrooks (Post 3541033)
I just installed mine... you need to put the bolt side in-behind the radio holes. Otherwise the dash doesn't connect properly. I made that mistake first and I think I busted the clip on the bottom right side of the panel.

My intent is to use a ram mount and setup my Nexus 7 tablet... although the Panavise mount is way too flimsy. My 3 yr old could bend it. With just the ram mount it jiggles more than jello. I'm going to see if I can rig a piece of metal from the dash handle. That should sturdy things up?

If I was to do it again... I would have went with a custom mount from a local shop.

someone just posted this one the other day, seems similar to what you want to do.

Cool Tech LLC. JK VersaMount 2

flharleycop 03-23-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrek (Post 3541246)
someone just posted this one the other day, seems similar to what you want to do.

Cool Tech LLC. JK VersaMount 2

I have both on my jeep this one is way easier to install